When do you call a man your "boyfriend"?

Media
Then again, some people are wiling to accept an imitation of a thing in order to avoid accepting the actual reality of a situation.

He isn't your boyfriend if he fucks around on you or expresses the desire to do so with other people besides you.

He isn't your boyfriend if his attentions and devotion is not directed at you.

Love IS an action word no matter which way you define it, slice it or dice it. The proof of that statement is in the pudding and has everything to do with the mutual vibrational truth that resonates between the two of you. It is NOT a one sided operation and never will be.

Don't be stupid here, the title "boyfriend" is a huge commitment and not to be taken lightly. It is not a word that can be thrown around like a dish rag, especially when you are subconsciously lacking in the confidences that people take notice that are missing. That is denial.

Some men are not boyfriend material and never will be, no matter how successfully they pass themselves off to be otherwise.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for all the responses.

But I still believe that what people write and what happens in reality are sometimes different. People try to adhere to certain moral ideals but sometimes in a particular situation it's not so clear-cut.

In reality it's hard to break up with someone without having someone else to go to for the following reason. If a woman decides she wants to move on and get out of a relationship, after a few days or weeks she gets lonely and misses the good things about the boyfriend. Inevitably, she'll go back with the guy to try to "make it work" once again. We've all seen relationships like this, that they break up several times before it's final.

That's why I'm saying if a woman seems interested in a guy but says she has a boyfriend, it doesn't mean that she is not be interested. It could just mean she's never had someone to go to after the break up.

And I understand the argument that I wouldn't want to be with someone that can't be single or that needs to cheat, etc. It just seems like many women are like this, so I don't think it's too abnormal. I don't know if I can hold it against someone. In fact, many people would hold it against someone if he's have been single for too long.