When do you feel the most ALIVE?

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel most alive when I am most in awe. It could be a work of art, a page of a book, a beautiful or beloved person, a force of nature. To be confronted with that which is so novel as to force ourselves to think and understand something new about the world and, therefore, ourselves. It is to forget everything else but for that moment in time and simply behold what we could never imagine.

There are other times, rarer, when I find myself so content by being with the people I love, knowing they are also happy, and simply enjoying the pleasure of our mutual company, that I feel immensely grateful to be alive and to know that those I love feel the same way.

August evenings just as the sky turns to a peach pink haze, the heat of the day begins to fade. Fresh corn and cold steak, good beer and homemade salsa. On the verandah with friends, watching the sun slowly fade and then hang, as if the gloaming will never end. Time stops for just a little while as conversations held in shorts and t-shirts wander happily far into the lantern-lit night.
That's so scary...you are in my mind!:smile:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the mountains, especially in the High Sierra wilderness, polished granite, small springs with tiny wildflowers and lower down pocket meadows and mountain heather, trees bent by the wind and twisted, gnarled, desd trunks of ligtning killed pines weathering at altitude. The smell of wildness.
I seek that connection too. Sometimes it becomes so unbearable that I ditch work and head to the mountains or the beach. I particularly like sunny warm days in early Spring when everything is exploding in growth. I can almost feel I am growing under the sun with everything. Connection.

This is gonna sound pathetic, but it's true.

There's a club down here that plays vintage disco and hi-NRG (1975-85) on Sunday evenings. I started going to clubs when I was 18 in 1978, and chased the scene almost every night until I was 30.

When I'm on that dance floor, music booming (it sounds so different at "radio" volume) and lights going, I feel for just a moment like I'm still in my 20s. I don't feel the arthritis in my neck or the Peripheral Neuropathy in my ankles. It's a really incredible sensation.

Wow. Yes. I haven't been dancing in a while but I sure enjoyed that hedonistic animalistic tribal release of sweating and grinding with 100 other half naked guys - like we were in one testosterone frenzy glued together by the beating music. Altered state. Escape.

I feel the most alive.. when I have achieved something very important for me!... you get the feeling that it was worth the hard work
:D

When I work hard I loose track of time. When I look back on a job well done (in my eyes) it is always satisfying.

I feel alive:

-when I accomplish something of importance to me
-when my creative juices are flowing
-when I make a client happy with their new space
-when I spend time with friends and family
-when I have the opportunity to see beauty in any form
-whenever I witness an act of kindness or find an opportunity to perform one.

but most of all, when i'm in love.

Nice. The next question would be- how do you know when you are in love?

About the only time that happens for me is when I'm working on something that really takes all my attention. Then I don't realize the passing of time.
It's a very rare thing for me that this will happen.

This happens to me too. It is the passion that swells inside of you when doing something you love to do. Bliss. All worries and time stops.

I agree that completing challenges and accomplishing things makes me feel alive, but all of those throughout my professional career, led to one thing.... me being here....
here

And this is where I feel most alive ever!
And in fact I now wonder whether for all that I used to thrive on all those challenges and accomplishments, were they not, in other ways, just killing me?!!? :cool:

That is one beautiful place. Wales? You are very fortunate. There is something about water that does that to me. You too?

When my boys win their wrestling matches
After a good workout
When I see something in nature and pause to observe the beauty of it
When I am about to fill someone with my cum, at that moment I am so fucking alive every nerve is feeling such pleasure
-Jake

Nice.

After a few rum and coke.

Funny, I feel the most dead when I am drunk.

That's so scary...you are in my mind!:smile:

Yes, Jason_els has mentioned things that resonate with me too. Poetic stuff.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Standing in the sea foam on the beach contemplating and praying
Dancing and singing in synagogue with my congregation during prayer
Spending time with friends and family
Playing or cuddling with my cat
Flying in a jet
Doing my job, which I love

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
but most of all, when i'm in love.

That one's good too, though I've almost killed myself in my car far more times than I've been in love. :tongue:

Being creative works for me, too, but I don't really do this anymore. It worked for me in high school, though.

Any event which elicits an intense emotional response from me... whether joy, anguish, love, remorse... whatever. Most of the time I'm on a very even keel and typically feel pretty numb so those moments stand out.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In the mountains, especially in the High Sierra wilderness, polished granite, small springs with tiny wildflowers and lower down pocket meadows and mountain heather, trees bent by the wind and twisted, gnarled, desd trunks of ligtning killed pines weathering at altitude. The smell of wildness.

Exactly the same here. I'm most alive in the outdoors on a sunny summer afternoon.

My memorable alive feeling came after a vigorous and slightly risky climb up Mt. Lyell in Yosemite National Park (13,000+ ft). It wasn't a technically difficult climb but there were a few spots that had significant exposure (i.e. risk of death from a fall). My heart was pounding and my palms were sweaty from the thrill and the exertion of the climb. It took stamina and complete concentration to reach the summit. The temptation to turn back was considerable. However, resting on top with the view of the world below me sparked the most satisfying feel of accomplishment I can ever remember.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wondered about this after my uneventful anxiety filled day today.
I figured I feel most alive when I am least aware of the passing of time. How about you?

I feel most alive when:
Down hill skiing
I'm down the shore
After a good swim
My creative juices are flowing
When I get a really good bargain
I take the time to see the beauty in nature
When I'm in love
Whenever I have a near-death experience driving carelessly in my car (Glad I'm not the only one to whom this happens)
When I went to Italy and visited Pompeii
When I make a child laugh

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the creative thought process that makes me feel expansive-- usually when writing alone, late at night, or when i'm making art of one sort or another. music can do it too. it's an amazing experience of feeling every part of me being completely connected with the world but not being in the world at the same time. i feel the fibers of existence as they weave themselves tightly together and how the connect to me and to each other. it's when melancholy is replaced by a feeling of beautiful order, and happiness is just the same. it's when the edges are taken off my consciousness.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly the same here. I'm most alive in the outdoors on a sunny summer afternoon.

My memorable alive feeling came after a vigorous and slightly risky climb up Mt. Lyell in Yosemite National Park (13,000+ ft). It wasn't a technically difficult climb but there were a few spots that had significant exposure (i.e. risk of death from a fall). My heart was pounding and my palms were sweaty from the thrill and the exertion of the climb. It took stamina and complete concentration to reach the summit. The temptation to turn back was considerable. However, resting on top with the view of the world below me sparked the most satisfying feel of accomplishment I can ever remember.

Ahhhh, yes. Mono Rock and a chute on Seven Gables, South of Yosemite, were like that for me.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yes, alone, high in the Olympic Mountains, with the wind howling, and the small pine trees singing, the mountains standing against a bright blue sky, and the streams gently rushing by... alone, that is where I feel most alive.

Every day seems so long, when you are alone, every adversity a challnge to be relished, every moment to be captured.

Sprinkle in some marijuana, and I feel in complete communion with the wilderness.

avantgarde

Experimental Member
Media
Any time i do something that deviates from my normal day to day humdrum. Using my mind and extending my knowledge farther.

I love to write poetry/lyrics and create music
I have been drawing up a Manga for the last few years
Tweaking and modifying my cars
generally socializing with friends
Breathing fresh air...
Driving twisty side streets just for the fun of it.
going out and walking/running or meeting new people (sometimes, i'm shy LOL)

Bettering myself, pretty much, gets me to feel alive.