When do you think Circumcisions should be done?

At what age do you think circumcisions should be done?

• Total voters

ardus

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am not a fan of circumcision, if I ever have sons they will NOT be circumcised unless they want it when they are adults and can make a clear choice for themselves. I wish my parents had not circumcised me.
Richard

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think the results of the survey so far speak for themselves. I like both cut and uncut cocks, but I think circumcision is basically an unneccessary mutilation of the human body. I do not mean to be inflammatory with that statement -- I know the cut vs. uncut issue has been debated here many times. But my view is that there are not good enough logical reasons to support this type of body modification, especially if other people are choosing it for you and you don't get to choose for yourself.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the bottom of the poll does not go far enough.
Doctors in America push circumcision like it is the first course of treatment, for any problem with the penis, no matter how curable.
Stretching with the fingers, gently, daily, should be the first course.
Then, daily stretching with betamethasone.
Then, using a self-moulded device to aid in stretching.
Next, a dorsal slit. Or steroids for BXO, like they do for women. No one has their vulva removed.
After all these have failed, then it is time to consider circumcision.
Circumcision before 18 violates a person's basic right to have their whole body.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stretching with the fingers, gently, daily, should be the first course.
Then, daily stretching with betamethasone.
Then, using a self-moulded device to aid in stretching.
Next, a dorsal slit. Or steroids for BXO, like they do for women. No one has their vulva removed.
After all these have failed, then it is time to consider circumcision..

I would skip a dorsal slit. It's unsightly.
Additionally I would not compare a woman's body to a man's body.

Tevye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Right when I thought we wouldnt have another mindless thread on this...

I decided to go extreme and vote as retarded as I could...I like being different...
What is mindless of this subject? As a baby being Jewish I was circumcised. Now true this does not end my life or meaning for my life but at times I wonder would I have made this choice for myself? With these thoughts my wife and myself chose to leave our sons as they were born. My younger has expressed a want to do this by what he sees as important as a Jewish male he wants to have it done before his Bar Mitzvah next year. The answer to the question posed is it should be done when the man himself decides unless there is sound medical reason before then.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is mindless of this subject? As a baby being Jewish I was circumcised. Now true this does not end my life or meaning for my life but at times I wonder would I have made this choice for myself? With these thoughts my wife and myself chose to leave our sons as they were born. My younger has expressed a want to do this by what he sees as important as a Jewish male he wants to have it done before his Bar Mitzvah next year. The answer to the question posed is it should be done when the man himself decides unless there is sound medical reason before then.

Its mindless because it has absolutely no impact on the issue. If a man wants to get circumcised he will. If parents wont to circumcise their kids...they will. If a circumcised man wants to leave his son intact...he will. If a uncut man wants to circumcise his son....he will.

Every entity should be allowed to make the decision. However I answered the question based on what I know about being BOTH uncut and cut. ULTIMATELY, the best time for me to do a circumcision would be when the child is young, not necessarily at birth.

Additionally, I think there are more important things to determine for a child that truly impact their lives than a circumcision.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I admire your courage, and your trust in nature.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Its mindless because it has absolutely no impact on the issue. If a man wants to get circumcised he will. If parents wont to circumcise their kids...they will. If a circumcised man wants to leave his son intact...he will. If a uncut man wants to circumcise his son....he will.

Every entity should be allowed to make the decision. However I answered the question based on what I know about being BOTH uncut and cut. ULTIMATELY, the best time for me to do a circumcision would be when the child is young, not necessarily at birth.

Additionally, .

Here, your logic contradicts itself.
These two things are mutually exclusive.
"Every entity should be allowed to make the decision"
"ULTIMATELY, the best time for me to do a circumcision would be when the child is young"

For you, this is true.
"I think there are more important things to determine for a child that truly impact their lives than a circumcision"

For Matthew Hess, head of MGM.org, and djxnorto, it doesn't ring true.

RKNG

Just Browsing
Media
I think that the poll is biased.

why is there not a "parents should be informed of BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE as soon as it being a boy is definitively known, so they can make an informed decision" (well, worded better...)

obviously all "compulsive" options, besides that which the religion of the parents enforces (it is not an option for jewish or muslims, for example.) and IMO people like Tevye are doing their children harm by not getting it done as their religion prescribes, in that it is depriving them from that deep connection to their ancestors. (not to mention the harm it does against the religion, but thats another matter)
I make an exception for religion-enforced compulsion because that is an option for the adults to either be part of that religion, or not.

when a baby is born, the parents should be informed of both sides. if the child is not circumcised, they should be given some degree of information when they are 10-15, and everything that can be given to know, when they are 18-21. theres simply no need to encourage it or discourage it.

I think the PROBLEM with the circumcision issue is that there is SUCH an ENORMOUS range of experience. some people have it done as an infant, and absolutely never have any problems of any sort. others have huge problems, even without there being complications.
some people have it done as an adult, and regret it severely and have huge issues(sometimes even without actual complications occuring) and others have it done as an adult and LOVE it, and find it to be wonderful.
and (from what I've read) there seems to be little to no consistency as to what makes one person have one result, and others have another result.

I personally speculate that theres difference between the method used, and how far along the shaft the scar is.... but some portion of it may just be entirely uncontrollable regarding how that person's body reacts to the situation.

personally, I was circumcised as an infant, and I am *GLAD* that I was. the scar for me is about halfway down the shaft, very indistinct(I didn't even know it was a scar for the longest time) and I certainly have no performance issues from it.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here, your logic contradicts itself.
These two things are mutually exclusive.
"Every entity should be allowed to make the decision"
"ULTIMATELY, the best time for me to do a circumcision would be when the child is young"

There is no contradiction. From a global point of what should be the stance on circumcision yes you should be allowed to make the decision. HOWEVER, my stance remains that the best time for a circumcision is while the child is young. They can grow into it and the scar left over from an aesthetic point of view in my eyes is better.

For you, this is true.
"I think there are more important things to determine for a child that truly impact their lives than a circumcision"

For me and millions of people. Cut or Uncut...

For Matthew Hess, head of MGM.org, and djxnorto, it doesn't ring true.

It's an obsession they have like many others have over many other things. Some people wear fur...some people eat cows...some people have circumcised penises...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The answer to this one is easy for me. "When the person potentially being circumcised can make an informed decision for themselves as to whether or not it is right for them"

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I admire your trust in nature too. That's why I think you should postpone your son's decision until he is of the age of sexual maturity or the age of majority. That would be the age of 18 if you are in the United States.

The reason is because no child would ever consider cutting off part of his penis if the idea hadn't been implanted there and nurtured by his culture. And no parent, caregiver or medical person would do such a thing to a healthy 13 year old male if the compulsion had not been implanted and inculcated by culture.

That's why I think genital cutting (without the rare medical purpose) should be illegal before the age of majority both to seek and perform. Your son is not a man yet, although perhaps that is what bar mitzvah signifies to you. He has not yet had much if any opportunity to experience the natural purpose of his adult organ.

I believe even 18 is too young. In another thread a doctor regrets the decision he made at age 17 for essentially the same reason(s) as your son -- peer pressure:

http://www.lpsg.org/189090-do-you-think-your-foreskin-3.html#103

In the culture I was raised, peer pressure is on the bottom of the list of good reasons to do something. My parents would have said, "So if the neighbor kid runs and jumps off a cliff, are you going to run and jump off a cliff?" Yet they ignored their own parable and essentially succumbed to peer pressure in having me RICed.

S

SirConcis

First full moon after the boy has had his first ejaculation. :)