When do you think Circumcisions should be done?

At what age do you think circumcisions should be done?

• Total voters

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK then it would be fair of me to ask you this question...

If I choose to surgically alter my daughter, have her labia removed and I tell you I will be doing it at birth, would YOU feel something..a little pain..anything? Afterall it doesnt' "affect you"..

Your daughter's labia is something I would not compare to a foreskin first of all. I am not at all interested in the discussion of comparing the apples to oranges argument that anti-circ individuals bring up.

Removing the labia above all else removes her will to even want to have sex in most cases and it has multiple detriments and side effects. There are many peer-reviewed studies on this. This is why Female Genital Mutilation is against the law in many places. There is a difference.

Circumcision however is 100% legal worldwide. Millions of men have had it and they live perfectly good sexual lives. I have though I was cut as an adult. My dad has cause he has like 10 kids. I'm not saying that everyone should be circumcised, heck I dont even think the majority should be circumcised. But if parents make a choice they make a choice and over thousands of years this choice has been made billions of times and it has yet to be proven to be overtly detrimental to any man. Like anything anomalies do arise.

To answer your question though...I would not feel pain. I would feel remorse that you have to make this comparison with your daughter in order attempt to prove a point to a stranger. I would also report you to the authorities cause you just broke a law.

S

SirConcis

The textbook definitions of the penis state that during erection, the foreksin becomes fully retracted to expose all of the glans. In practice, it is true that a % of males have long enough foreksin that the glans remains covered or partly covered unless manually retracted.

Real life also shows that a certain percentage of males outgrow their foreksins and during/after puberty have a bare glans almost all the time.

Circumcision therefore mimics something which happens naturally for a certain perfcentage of men.

There are no cases where females outgrow their clitoris, labia etc. So no form of female circumcision ends up mimicing a natural state.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK Dark well now you're just being a little ridiculous. Prove a point to a stranger? I'm sorry is everyone on the site your personal friends? Are you trying to prove a point?? This conversation is really just beating a dead horse. One side is not going to persuade the other side so nothing can be gained by rehashing it over and over. Good luck.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK Dark well now you're just being a little ridiculous. Prove a point to a stranger? I'm sorry is everyone on the site your personal friends? Are you trying to prove a point?? This conversation is really just beating a dead horse. One side is not going to persuade the other side so nothing can be gained by rehashing it over and over. Good luck.

Hey you went to an extreme to prove a point. You didnt like the response because I removed the emotional attachment from it. That's not ridiculous that's just the cold hard fact that I dont and never will agree with the stance that circumcision should be outlawed or illegal or marginalized.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The textbook definitions of the penis state that during erection, the foreksin becomes fully retracted to expose all of the glans. In practice, it is true that a % of males have long enough foreksin that the glans remains covered or partly covered unless manually retracted.

Real life also shows that a certain percentage of males outgrow their foreksins and during/after puberty have a bare glans almost all the time.

Circumcision therefore mimics something which happens naturally for a certain perfcentage of men.

There are no cases where females outgrow their clitoris, labia etc. So no form of female circumcision ends up mimicing a natural state.
You're reaching again. Adults cut for no reason rationalizing after the fact why they had it done.

Wasn't it more like this:

http://www.lpsg.org/176877-asked-about-foreskin.html#7

"It doesn't take much for a boy/teenager to strart to question whether his dick is normal or not. One innocuous comment in a locker room can strike a raw nerve and ruin a guy's self confidence. "

bav4

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Shouldnt be done unless an 18+ year old wants it done for cosmetic reasons, or at any age if keeping the foreskin would be a problem due to it being too tight.

I picked the second to last option though I disagree with the use of the word recommended instead of optional. I dont recommend people to get piercings or tattoos, but if they want them then its fine, same opinion with circumcision.

Last edited: