When do YOU think the economy will turn around?

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Fixing it is going to involve people living conservatively like their ancestors did. Ooooo no more shop till you drop. No more keeping up with the Joneses. No more I'm entitled to it because I work hard.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
And no more "spend it now because the money's burning a hole in my pocket."

But the problem with that is that transactions won't be taking place, which in the end hurts the economy.

NCbear (who can't decide which shuts the economy down quicker--spending dollars you don't have or not spending dollars you have)

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mind you, America is STILL the number one manufacturer in the world...

...not to mention when you have the strongest currency in the world, people are going to import like crazy...

Last edited:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Mind you, America is STILL the number one manufacturer in the world...

...not to mention when you have the strongest currency in the world, people are going to import like crazy...

It is suicidal to act in that manner. In the past, people tended to buy what was made in their country. It was very healthy for the economy, and the nation prospered. When people started buying imports like made, an enormous amount of wealth was transferred out of the nation. That wealth is not coming back.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It will take some time, and turn around in some places more quickly than others.

On a personal note, I just applied for a great job in my field that is actually junior level (which is my skill level - most jobs in my field I see posted online and elsewhere are very senior-level or require areas of expertise that I don't have). So I have some hope for myself in the coming week or two! :smile:

Last edited:
Media
It will take some time, and turn around in some places more quickly than others.

On a personal note, I just applied for a great job in my field that is actually junior level (which is my skill level - most jobs in my field I see posted online and elsewhere are very senior-level or require areas of expertise that I don't have). So I have some hope for myself in the coming week or two! :smile:
GOOD LCUK!! :smile: