When Gay men put HATE on anything Bisexual

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Another thing I don't seem to recall being discussed is that maybe the gay person in question that has been hurt/slighted (whether perceived or actual) by a bisexual hasn't stopped to consider that maybe after the interaction with said bisexual, that that bisexual viewed them as unsuited to be in a healthy relationship with anybody. I've known several gay guys with so much baggage, that it required a FEDEX jet in tow at all times. And I'm not talking about their clothes, shoes, pink feather boas...............:tongue:

...and be careful of EagleCowboy: He may charm the clothes off from you :biggrin1::eek::biggrin1:

That's it!! Just RUIN the hunt for me!! Give away all my secrets!! You know how us Cherokees love a good hunt. .................*grumbles/stomps off*...............now i gotta go find some other unsuspecting prey......................AND THESE ARROWS AIN'T CHEAP NEITHER!! :biggrin1:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
fortiesfun: you wrote VOLUMES in those two paragraphs - I happen to agree with all that (but I'm sure many wont LOL)
Nice thread. Good to see Biguy writing extensively. He is interesting not least because he sees this from a more worldly perspective. Not so North American in his assumptions.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Your pics look pretty hot bigguy, so if you can find me, sure, you can kidnap me and keep me in your study chamber!
Redboy, you're very kind. Thank you....even more reason to kidnap and keep you in my studly chamber :wink:

so...ummm, it's more difficult when woman leaves a woman to be with a man? or more difficult when a man leaves another man to be with a woman? (short- or long-term; ya never kno IF it's "long term" til it IS lol) sorry, i just dont get that....but that may be where a lot of the HATE lies. maybe.
I don't know if this is going to help you, but this is pretty much the kind of outlook that I've had for about two years. It enabled me to lay my cards on the table with my wife (when I offered her divorce) and at the same time, it's helped me to maintain a healthy balance when it comes to my being polyamorous. I don't expect anyone else to embrace it, but it's sure been helpful to me:

Regardless of whether I am monogamous in my marriage or not, the brutal truth is that I will never be able to give all of me to my wife...and it's not out of choice. There are parts of me that I can only give to a man (and that can be touched by a man) and there are parts of me that I can only give to my wife (and no man can ever take it from her) and in the same way, there are things that only a man can give me (and my wife will never be able to give me those things) and there are things that only my wife can give me (and a man will never be able to give them to me). That's the brutal truth.

In the other "bi thread" that's running concurrently to this one, a couple of peeps said that if the bi guy is unable to be faithful to his wife, then he ought to divorce her. If only it were that simple. Now, if he was gay....but he isn't....and that's why he's bisexual. It's not that simple because a monosexual solution has been put before him, so where is it a solution?

This is going to be a crappy analogy...but anywhoo :eek:

There are three types of people. Some people are vegetarian and they don't only enjoy their diet but they obtain all of the nutrients that they need from it. Other people only eat meat, and like vegetarians, there's no need for them to supplement their diets in any way. Finally, there are people who need to consume meat and vegetables in order for them to walk away from the dinner table feeling satisfied...and for them to get all of the nutrients that they need. However, they are faced by the vegetarians and "carnivores" telling them to decide. Yes, they may be able to opt for one or the other, but will they be as satisfied and nourished as the other two sides? Sometimes it's not about whether the glass is half empty or half full, sometimes the bigger question is, "What can you do in order to get the maximum benefit from what lies inside of the glass?"

I don't want to hijack your discussion Tulsa and I admit that the whole cheating issue ought to be discussed in the other thread since that's what the discussion is about...however, this thread is more constructive and I'd much rather explore that topic in an environment where people are willing to discuss and exchange ideas, than one that revolves around judgment and an imposition of beliefs upon others. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I do not condone bi men opting to cheat on their wives with other men, but I also do not judge it. I have no right to do either. Ultimately, he has only two people to answer to, himself and his wife. Period. I am nobody's parent or teacher or preacher. His life and choices are his responsibilities and not mine. I can explore where it comes from and what dilemmas lay before him, but it's up to each person to draw his/her conclusion.

That's it!! Just RUIN the hunt for me!! Give away all my secrets!! You know how us Cherokees love a good hunt. .................*grumbles/stomps off*...............now i gotta go find some other unsuspecting prey......................AND THESE ARROWS AIN'T CHEAP NEITHER!! :biggrin1:
LMAO
Well so sorry for spoiling your fun. Punish me behbeh!!! LOL
I dunno why you see a need to use arrows, though. I would of thunk that with you being who you are, you'd be the prey. :rolleyes:

Nice thread. Good to see Biguy writing extensively. He is interesting not least because he sees this from a more worldly perspective. Not so North American in his assumptions.
Thanks for your words, Doc. I have the greatest of respect for you and I know that when you talk about bisexuality, your words have weight, so coming from you, it really means a lot.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to see that you're still around, special man.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, in this context, life-style gay men are their own worst enemies. Rather than face the scorned wrath of this coterie I now just avaoid any interaction with such people other than at a polite personal and business level.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is really not anything I can truly add since fortiesfun and biguy have chimed in so eloquently (and authoritatively). As I discovered I was not straight, I experienced what can be termed as "transitional bisexuality." Until my male attraction was fully triggered, I experienced varying levels of attraction to both sexes. I found it annoying in the sense that being potentially attracted to everyone with whom you come into contact can be overwhelming for both a person and his/her spouse.

Regarding the hatred: Like their straight counterparts, gay men can feel threatened by anything that they feel undermines their self-professed sense of self and identity. The existence of bisexuality can (to both straight and gay people) bring weight to the belief that no one is really gay (or straight) and that we are all just waffling and vacillating.

At the end of the day, it is always immature and ignorant to hate that which you can/do not understand or comprehend. Comprehension should not be a prerequisite for acceptance and tolerance.

Tulsa

Experimental Member
Media
NE OKlahoma - get 2 NWArk, SWMo, SWKs n OKC regula
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Unfortunately, in this context, life-style gay men are their own worst enemies

gosh, i've known this since i first heard "gurrrrrrl!" screeched across a bar many moons ago. and i know many of the (usual) reasons for it. what confuses me [ok lots of things confuse me...] is having a gay dude be the 'enemy' of someone who is Bi without there being a personal reason for it. I didnt steal his man or lady, or I laugh when a guy duz a truly scorchin flame-on cuz it's the true definition of the phrase, 'freedon of expression.' And still I overhear (loud enuf to make sure I did?), 'he likes to get with women sometimes' (as if it's one of them yur goin str8toHell sins...and it's never spoken by gay men in a kind way)

biguy Eagle bek Lex forties and some others - you have effectively popped my bubble with yur threads: here i was thinkin i was somewhat intelligent and i find myself scramblin over to m-w.com to look up 'dichotomy.' Not only is that humbling, it's altogether too, too cool.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Thanks for your words, Doc. I have the greatest of respect for you and I know that when you talk about bisexuality, your words have weight, so coming from you, it really means a lot.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to see that you're still around, special man.
I can check in a lot less often than I would like, but I never go away completely. This place is just too interesting and you know that threads like this one capture my attention!

There is really not anything I can truly add since fortiesfun and biguy have chimed in so eloquently (and authoritatively). The existence of bisexuality can (to both straight and gay people) bring weight to the belief that no one is really gay (or straight) and that we are all just waffling and vacillating.
Of course, you add to all discussions exceptionally well, since you have a way of making concrete what is theoretical for me. (Just one of the reasons I am totally jealous of Bubba...) Your point about vacillation is interesting, however, because it is not the only available interpretation even if we are all bisexual, it is just the easiest default to grab. I much prefer the idea that experience and age might shape both our openness to new experience and our sense of adventure.:cool:

biguy Eagle bek Lex forties and some others - you have effectively popped my bubble with yur threads: here i was thinkin i was somewhat intelligent and i find myself scramblin over to m-w.com to look up 'dichotomy.' Not only is that humbling, it's altogether too, too cool.
Today's vocabulary words: hirsute, swarthy and woof. Glad you started this thread, not least so I could see your gallery.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is really not anything I can truly add since fortiesfun and biguy have chimed in so eloquently (and authoritatively).
And you, kind sir, can take a lot of credit for it. Your journey and your willingness to share about it with me helped me in more ways than you may realise. I think that to a large degree, your choices and approach inspired me to follow suit and led to my decision to stop and understand as opposed to following blindly. So please look at this as nothing more than the fruit of your generosity and kindness.

here i was thinkin i was somewhat intelligent and i find myself scramblin over to m-w.com to look up 'dichotomy.' Not only is that humbling, it's altogether too, too cool.
I disagree. You've been asking exceptional questions, not only when you started this discussion, but throughout and guided things in an enlightening and constructive manner. That, for me, is a sign of much intelligence....so sorry for you... :tongue:

I can check in a lot less often than I would like, but I never go away completely. This place is just too interesting and you know that threads like this one capture my attention!
I'm just so very happy that you're still around. And I always value your input in discussions like this one. You're a very knowledgeable person and I appreciate your willingness to share it with us. You're another person who contributed greatly towards my understanding of bisexuality and subsequent ability to make good and informed choices on how to move forward from there. I will always be thankful. You're very special to me.

Does anyone find this an unreasonable position? (I don't)
Neither do I. We're all entitled to decide on what kind of people would best suit us when it comes to being in meaningful relationships with them. Bisexuality is a complex sexual orientation and with it comes issues. A lot of bi men opt to operate from this orientation without fully understanding it or themselves, which means that their partner/s have to deal with these issues too. I'm being brutally honest here, but I'm talking from firsthand experience.

We all have our limitations and we all have our lists of things that we're able to deal with and things that we cannot; what kind of people we can draw deeply into our lives and what kind of people we cannot. I don't like to hold onto stereotypes, so I take each person as he comes and draw my conclusions from there...but if he displays things that just don't do it for me, then that will determine the nature of our relationship. Gay, straight and bi, we all have this kind of approach when we meet new people, most especially when it comes to potential lovers.