when/how should i ask girl about smoking.

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by bigdog83, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bigdog83

bigdog83 Member

i hooked up with a smoker for the first time in years. and, it was fucking nasty. this was the first time and we both agreed this was not going to be the last time.

she is telling me she likes me, blah blah blah..........the thing is i kinda like her too. we are not going out, yet.

i dont care if she smokes, i really dont.........but its just too nasty kissing her. i even gave her a tounge patch mint........and it was still nasty.

when should i bring this up? if we just stay hookup buddies then i guess i can deal with it but if i ask her out then i dont want her smelling like smoke 24/7.

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Its pretty rude of you to even consider asking her to stop.

3. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

her giving you a constant, continual BJ should stop that smoking habit.

4. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I disagree. Kissing smokers can be pretty disgusting so I guess I know what he's talking about.
    I don't even consider to go out with smokers. In case he really likes her and she likes him, why shouldn't he bring up this topic at the right time? It won't kill her to stop smoking, will it?

5. Cant_Stop

Cant_Stop Member

Albums:

It probably will not kill her, but why would she want to give up anything at all for someone she just met and went out with once or twice. I think he is trying to get in deep enough to where she will consider it but he is trying to walk a fine line by putting up with something he doesn't like until then.

So...

How much does it bother you?
    How much do you like her?
    How hot is she?

#5 Cant_Stop, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I don't think it is rude either, Lee. The taste and smell of a smoker is a deal breaker for some people. If he really likes her but can't stomach the smoker taste and smell (and it isn't just a kissing issue, folks) then I think telling her that straight up as soon as possible is a really good idea. It's a delicate thing - using words like 'gross' or 'disgusting' would be a mistake. But saying he really likes her, that it is the only thing he has a problem with, that he'd be supportive if she were to give up - that'd be good.

If he doesn't like her that much and would like a smoke free booty call - well, time to get a new booty to call :cool:

7. D_Sylvester Poleclimber

D_Sylvester Poleclimber Account Disabled

it wouldn't be rude of you to talk to her about it

it's no fun to kiss a girl who smokes, and i can't find myself able to go very far with one who does. i make it clear before i date a girl who smokes that smoking is a huge turn off for me

so just talk to her about it, she might get mad at first and call you rude, but if she likes you and respects you enough, she'll think about how her habit effects others

8. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie New Member

Talk her into switching to herb.

9. lucky8

Gold Member

Asking her to quit smoking is rude, especially since you aren't dating. Telling her you can't date her because she's a smoker is one thing, but asking her to quit is not a good idea yet. A lot of us smokers know it's disgusting, but we're addicted, or else we would just stop. If you can deal with it, get to know her better and then start suggesting she cuts back. Until then, offer her gum every time you see her, she'll catch on

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I would just pass her up, smoking is a deal beaker for me, there is nothing worse than kissing someone who tastes like cigarettes.

11. Kassokilleri2ff

Thats wierd. I was talking to a girl who smokes about a month and a half ago. We hung out a few times and made out alot lol. I could never taste the ciggarettes on her breath or anything. I don't know if she brushed them alot or used some good mints lol. I know that she smoked in her car on the way to my place but I still didnt taste anything. I would ask her what her secret is but I don't like to talk to her anymore (shes a little nutty).

Maybe you should go out and buy a ton of different kinds of mints. Then have her smoke some ciggaret, eat a mint, and kiss. Whichever mint gets rid of the smoke taste is the winner! lolz.

12. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    If she is your only option at this point, then stick with her, but when you meet a nonsmoker, dump the smoker and move on.

I don't understand it being rude to say you don't like it and asking her to stop. I would want someone to tell me what they don't like about me, then I can either try to change or not. At least I know why I got dumped or whatever.

13. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

It is not rude to ask someone not to smoke around you. But it's ridiculous to assume they're willing or able to stop for you.

Personally, it's a dealbreaker for me. On a scale of one to ten, it's about a -5. Smoking turns a drop-dead gorgeous woman into an average one in my eyes.

14. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

I am totally floored you'd even think let alone say this.

Smoking is terrible for you, it eventually gives you emphasima, no matter who you are... And it's fucking nasty as shit...

Her health and her higene are his concern. Period.

15. D_Ottwell Multitudinous Boobage III

who the hell are you! deal with it people smoke god damn there are people in here who drink cum and get fucked up the ass THATS nasty! IM

16. D_Ottwell Multitudinous Boobage III

and if your not a smoker dont put your lil 2 cents in coz you know shit

17. bigdog83

bigdog83 Member

well the reason i asked is.......cuz i think shes kinda cool, and i guess i like her, i dont really know her all that well but we have been talking alot.

i can deal with it if we are just going to hook up, but im pretty sure she wants more. and so do i, but she is a chain smoker and that just kills the deal for anything more. i would be able to deal with it up to a point, but i will get tired of putting my arm around someone who is a chain smoker.

just a fyi, in N.J smoking was banned in all bars and resturants. and it really pissed me off because i believe people should beable to do what they want, if you dont like smoke then stay the fuck home. i think i was even more pissed them my friends who smoke lol. i never gave a smoker a hard time or left because a bar was too smokey.

but this to me is a whole diff issue. i just dont want to be cuddleing with someone who is pretty but smells like smoke........

18. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yeah and after they got fucked in the ass they suck the same dick and kiss the owner of this dick. that's nasty :rolleyes:
    I think you totally missed the point.
    I bet you're a die-hard smoker.

19. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    you're dismissed
    you seem to know shit about kissing a smoker. so maybe you should stop writing in this wannabe gangster style attacking a guy who just asked a simple question. :rolleyes:

20. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Actually at no point has he mentioned her health

And if you don't like smokers then don't kiss them

Draft saved Draft deleted