When Kegels Don't Work . . .

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lately, I have been astounded and dumbstruck by the amount of men and women who seem to have no clue as to how a vagina works.

1. The vagina can over a quantity of years become loose.
2. A loose vagina may occur because of childbirth or due to sex with a large penis over a quantity of years.
3. Kegels don't work for some women
4. Just because we can squeeze out an 8 lb. baby, doesn't mean your 8+ inch cock will be able to slide in to our vagina without proper preparation. Our bodies have 9 months to prepare to give birth. Many of you don't even give us 10 minutes of foreplay. :mad:
5. The vagina is not just a hole!
6. In December 1998 I had uterine fibroids removed. My gynecologist decided to tighten me up while he was down there. He didn't tell me this until my follow up appointment 2 weeks later. Since I've never had a baby, I guess I seemed loose to him. In truth I had been in a 12 year relationship with a man who had a large cock.

What is vaginal rejuvenation?
http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatomyresponse/a/vaginoplasty.htm?p=1
Vaginal rejuvenation surgery, also sometimes advertised as laser vaginal rejuvenation, is a medically unnecessary procedure that claims to “rejuvenate” the vagina by tightening the vaginal canal. In this procedure the vaginal canal is essentially narrowed by removing layers of lining, the result can be an experience of tighter vaginal muscles. This surgery may be performed with a laser or a scalpel.

While this is described as “rejuvenation” the procedure (which results in scar tissue) does not return your body to a younger state. It may mimic what your vaginal canal felt like but there is no change to the nature of your vaginal canal other than the shape and size of it. Vaginal rejuvenation surgery is based on a long standing procedure, called vaginoplasty , that was used to assist women living with incontinence as a result of chronically weak muscles that they could not strengthen usually less invasive methods.

Why do people have vaginal rejuvenation?

While there are cases where vaginoplasty is medically indicated, and even necessary, the procedure marketed as vaginal rejuvenation is not. Like other forms of cosmetic surgery, the reasons people give for wanting it include looking/feeling younger, looking feeling “normal”, wanting to feel better about their bodies.

This procedure is marketed as a way to make yourself feel (or seem) younger and to enhance your sexual pleasure. There is absolutely no evidence that the procedure does either. However women may feel pressure to conform to unrealistic (and ultimately unattainable) norms of what their bodies “should” look and feel like, and when offered the opportunity for a “younger, tighter” vagina they may opt for a surgery that apparently carries few risks.

How common is vaginal rejuvenation?

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, which maintains statistics of plastic surgery procedures performed by their members has only recently started collecting data about cosmetic vaginal surgeries. They don’t break the figures down but in 2005 they reported 793 procedures listed as “vaginal rejuvenation” and in 2006 the number rose to 1030. Those numbers are relatively small (0.08% of all cosmetic procedures), but the surgery is the third fastest growing procedure from 2005 to 2006, showing a 30% increase in that time.

Will vaginal rejuvenation improve my sex life?

While there is no scientific data to answer this question, it is hard to see how this surgery could reasonably be thought to improve ones sex life. There are very few nerve endings in the vagina to begin with, and this surgery carries the potential to reduce what feeling there is (because of the potential for severing nerve endings and creating scar tissue that was not previously there).

The main effect that will be noticed is greater friction during penetration, but this extra friction would primarily be something a male partner would be aware of, and as such this surgery may have more impact on your partner’s experience of sex than your own. There are many reasons to avoid having this sort of unnecessary internal cosmetic surgery.

Are there dangers associated with vaginal rejuvenation?

The procedure itself doesn’t seem to carry many risks, although as with any surgery there is always the possibility of infection and post-operative complications. However there are no data about any potential long term effects of vaginal rejuvenation, and one might be concerned about the effect on the tissue and muscles years after vaginal rejuvenation.

How much does vaginal rejuvenation cost?

Quotes on line range from $5,500 to $8,500 for vaginal rejuvenation, and since this procedure is not medically necessary insurance companies usually will not cover the cost of the surgery.

Sources:
  1. American Society of Plastic Surgeons “2006 Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Trends” . Accessed April 16, 2007
  2. Goodman, M. P., Bachmann, G., Johnson, C., et. al. “Is Elective Vulvar Plastic Surgery Ever Warranted, and What Screening Should be Conducted Preoperatively? The Journal of Sexual Medicine . Vol. 4 No. 2 (2007):269-76.
  3. SIECUS. “Desire and Dollars Equals Designer Vaginas for More and More Women in the United States” Making Connections Vol. 4 Issue 3 (2006). Accessed April 16, 2007
This About.com page has been optimized for print. To view this page in it's original form, please visit: http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatomyresponse/a/vaginoplasty.htm
©2007 About, Inc., a part of The New York Times Company. All rights reserved

Weird that a Dr. would tighten you up without discussing it first!

How did you well hung partner react to your tighter pussy?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Weird that a Dr. would tighten you up without discussing it first!

Apparently this is a procedure which many gyn's do gratis; and without prior discussion if they are already down there for something else. I was a bit pissed until I realized it would work to my benefit.

How did your well hung partner react to your tighter pussy?
He was ecstatic, said I felt like I was 19 again. :tongue:

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So your Dr. did the laser thing on you? Is that what you mean? I know after I had my baby (8lbs 9oz) I suffered a 4th degree tear (worse one) and when my Dr. stichted me up she said that she went up a little further to "tighten me up"....but that is just the hole, not the vaginal canal. I often wonder how it feels for a dick inside there...wish I knew. Anyway, this was interesting. I do kegels all the time just because I hate the idea of being loose and know that after having a baby it can happen easily. Something to consider, I suppose?

Media
Two things (okay three)

1) It was totally unethical for that surgeon to take it upon himself to "tighten you" without seeking your informed consent first!

2) Not only should one be dumbstruck with how little people know about the vagina, it's amazing how little the "experts" seem to know or how little agreement. Shere Hite made a career denying the existence of the vagina orgasm, Perry et al. made one touting the existence of the "g spot," 10 years ago no one had heard about "squirting," now it's the rage.

With so much interest and so much research you'd really think we'd have more certainty on the matter.

3) before anyone writes off Kegels one should know that the exercise was meant to be done with a gauge inserted to measure pressure--the perineometer.

Read this before giving up on the Kegels.

The Bastardization of Dr. Kegel's Exercises (1988)