When Maitreya will appear on earth ?

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to buddhists the next Buddha or enlighted being will appear on earth in a distant future Any Buddhists on the site got the info of when that will supposely happen ?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you have a few years.....Maitreya is one of the Iconic "buddhas" of Tibetan Buddhism.......there are hundreds. A Buddhist teacher would answer your question very simply....."It is not important whether Maitreya apeears or doesn't appear......It does not matter if maitreya is real or not, in fact if maitreya were here and you were to ask him if he was real he would say,"I'm not real"......then he would ask,"Why is this important to you"......Years of sitting at the feet of Buddhist Lamas and asking questions has taught me alot, especially that you rarely get the answer you were thinking you might get...

If you are interested in Tobetan buddhism this is a good book, written by a "western" Lama in terms westerners can understand.

Amazon.com: Awakening the Buddha Within : Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World: Lama Surya Das: Books

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you have a few years.....Maitreya is one of the Iconic "buddhas" of Tibetan Buddhism.......there are hundreds. A Buddhist teacher would answer your question very simply....."It is not important whether Maitreya apeears or doesn't appear......It does not matter if maitreya is real or not, in fact if maitreya were here and you were to ask him if he was real he would say,"I'm not real"......then he would ask,"Why is this important to you"......Years of sitting at the feet of Buddhist Lamas and asking questions has taught me alot, especially that you rarely get the answer you were thinking you might get...

If you are interested in Tobetan buddhism this is a good book, written by a "western" Lama in terms westerners can understand.

Amazon.com: Awakening the Buddha Within : Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World: Lama Surya Das: Books
thanks for the reply.
I know that's odd to ask this question in this site .But I believe few members here are buddhists .

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
no idea ... have often pondered the answer, but that's one event I'm not holding my breath for ...

According to buddhists the next Buddha or enlighted being will appear on earth in a distant future Any Buddhists on the site got the info of when that will supposely happen ?