When Meeting

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by 8060, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So, what do you do? What do you do when you meet somebody? Do you look them in the eye when you speak to them or they speak to you? Do you stand close to them as to catch or draw a vibe from them that made you feel something in your body either positive or negative or back away from them a little bit so that you can get a good view? How their physical presence is at first existing in the moment right along with you, then in your mind when resting, being worked, etc. Does your body language invite them into your body language? Is that what you want? Is that what they want? Do you tell them your real name or a random alias to preserve spontaneity? Is making them smile and laugh an objective of yours? Do you make your introductions quick and get out fast? What do you do when you meet someone?

Do you tell them anything or just respond to the things that they say? Do you trade bullshit with each other to break the ice? Are you one of those people that go into shy mode or one of those that will never shut up after the initial hello? Do you naturally develop body language that ultimately renders words useless? What do you do? Are you attentive? Are you dismissive? Do you feel like you should have said more or perhaps less than you did after you’ve met someone? Do you try to make the task of meeting a new person fun or just take it as it comes at you? At what point do you think to yourself that they were pleasant and how you wouldn’t mind seeing them again or how distasteful you found them to be and anxiously await their exit?

Are you yourself or are you your representative when you meet people? To distinguish my example, you yourself are a hot mess. You have a million flaws about you. You’re light years from perfect. You’ve got a hot body now depending on what you’re wearing. That hot ass of yours will not be like it once was forever. Then one day you leave your house for some random reason and meet a hot person--with crust in your eye. That’s you yourself and then there is your representative. Your representative holds no bars, has all the tickets, keys & passwords that you can imagine every one of them making your life that much greater. Your representative is so hot even on their ugly day so I understand you wanting to be them when you meet somebody new. Is that what you do? Do you break out the rep?

Better yet, did you become your representative--with all the rep perks? How did you do that?

#1 8060, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. dangly

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When I'm meeting people, I'm just myself -- it's way easier to just be honest. I engage in conversation, but I try to balance talking, listening, talking about my topics, and talking about their topics. My body language is open and friendly, as is my attitude. It's all in good fun.

Seems to work pretty well for me.

3. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

being yourself is the best gift that you can give to your life and the people you come in contact with. Chemistry is everything. Either two people have it or they don't. Small talk is just that. Live your life and fill it words and experiences that mean something to you. My opinion anyways.

Draft saved Draft deleted