When outing a fake

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, but that doesn't change who he is, only your perception of him - that's all I meant.

I understand what you're saying but from my perspective (at LPSG) I couldn't care less who is or isn't a fake for the simple reason that I assume everyone here is (to a greater or lesser extent) a fake, and I assume everyone here assumes that about me. Lots of assumptions there.

This doesn't alter my interactions with people here, in a way it's easier because I have no 'expectations' of them that they can fail to meet, they cannot disappoint me, I'm already pre-disappointed, if you will.:rolleyes::biggrin1:

True! It's all in fun, and this is just an idiotic big dick website. I mean, who really gives a rat's tail?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm kind of ambivalent about these outings.

Dannerain made a good find but all tht's been proven is that the picture exists in more than one place on the net. It's not outside the realm of possibility that someone comfortable with putting themselves on the net in one place might feel comfortable putting it elsewhere on the net as well.

Yes, he's awfully pretty to be "just one of us", yes it's odd that it's a humour site if I read that right. But, you know, m'eh.

*Shrugs*
I'm a little disappointed, too.
But it's amazing that no one noticed before, if the pic is really of Travis Fimmel. A bit dumb to choose him.

http://travisfimmel.tripod.com/ckc2.jpg

Try this link for more confirmation...

Oh, sure guys. Make me look foolish why dontcha.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a little disappointed, too.
But it's amazing that no one noticed before, if the pic is really of Travis Fimmel. A bit dumb to choose him.

And yet yngjock20 pointed it out over two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Damien in his jeans (like his avitar)...way hot.

You mean, Travis Fimmel in his jeans (like the avatar)

LOL!!! He was totally gonna let you get away with that, too. Sorry Damien, I had to put you on blast.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've noticed a few others here with pics of commercial models. I never said anything. I figured why bother, unless they were being malicious, trollish members? They didn't have any "this isn't me" labels either...

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Despite my cynicism I take people at face value unless I see something that stirs my suspicions - everyone is only what we perceive them to be.

Indeed and I'm a cynic too, but IRL the price for mistakes and misjudgments can be higher so for me the rules are different. Here one can delete>re-invent>move on. I would never seek to upset or hurt someone, here or in the 'real' world, the difference is that being upset here isn't an option, for me at least.

But it's evident that it is for some, so that's why (in part) I think outing fakes is a fools errand unless they are being actively malicious. I think that if people tell tall stories it's to be expected but in such a forum as this those who feel they need to create a transparently false persona, to go to the lengths of creating phoney evidence to back it up and loudly protest their innocence when rumbled - I'd suspect they have issues that I'd rather not know about.

I take people here at face value too, in a sense - because I feel I have nothing to lose should they subsequently be proven liars or fakes, I can, if you like suspend belief and I tune out the obvious embellishments. After all with some of the utter crap that's spewed here how could one not.:rolleyes:

I usually stay out of these sorts of threads but once in a while I'll dabble. :biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a friend who was very badly hurt by a faker, it was in the early days of the net when faking wasn't so easily sussed out, I've seen the harm it did to him so I have quite a low tolerance for it.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a friend who was very badly hurt by a faker, it was in the early days of the net when faking wasn't so easily sussed out, I've seen the harm it did to him so I have quite a low tolerance for it.

I understand and of course you're right to hold whatever view you wish in that regard if that's what works for you. We each approach such things differently. Different fora, different expectations, different rules.

mvansd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think "fakers" must have a terrible "real" life and get some sort of satisfaction from the attention they get here. It's sad really.