Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men do it as well rope.

Of course they do. It's just easier for women to, well, hit below the belt. If you've ever read High Fidelity, there's a passage in it that describes the way a man can handle an ex's new man being richer, smarter, or better looking, but if it comes out that he's better in bed, it's devastating. Having a smaller dick than the new guy falls into that category.

Women know this, so they know it's an insult guaranteed to wound. I'm not sure what the corollary for men insulting women would be -- maybe the new girlfriend being prettier or younger than the old one?

open501s said:
do you really want to be dating someone that has this much anger?

I don't know that we need to psychoanalyze the situation. It's not like Rope is going to be marrying this woman or anything. Let's just take it for what it is -- an amusing anecdote about the effects of a big dick.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know that we need to psychoanalyze the situation. It's not like Rope is going to be marrying this woman or anything. Let's just take it for what it is -- an amusing anecdote about the effects of a big dick.

I'll admit that I am surprised by the nerve I struck this. I actually file this in the same box as a story about a bully when I was a HS freshman. This older kid had picked on me for a few years. When I got to HS, I was on the freshman football team and he was already on the varsity. You could see it register on his face when I walked into the shower and stood near him, hanging about three times his size. It was funny. Call me a juvenile, but I still crack up about it.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The last girl I slept with had just gotten out of a six-year relationship and I could tell she liked my size, even more so than my previous girlfriends. I think this is because she was so used to the rut she had been in with her ex. I must admit it was pleasant to hear her gasp when she saw me, and to say that I was 'massive and messy' after the deed. It's a nice ego boost, but I try not to not to lead this kind of thing go to my head. As I said in another post, it's a plus but it probably doesn't make the be-all end-all difference to most women. I think they use it as a weapon more than anything, because they know that it's such a sensitive area. It is my belief that 90% of the size queen thing is brought about by the visual stimulus and media conditioning. The other 10 is just plain old friction.

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What confusion?

I think he's referring to the way the socially acceptable stance on penis size is that it doesn't matter -- read almost any sex advice column, for example, and you'll almost never see the columnist admitting that size might have its advantages -- when in reality there are some women who definitely prefer a bigger dick. I might be wrong, though.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course they do. It's just easier for women to, well, hit below the belt. If you've ever read High Fidelity, there's a passage in it that describes the way a man can handle an ex's new man being richer, smarter, or better looking, but if it comes out that he's better in bed, it's devastating. Having a smaller dick than the new guy falls into that category.

Women know this, so they know it's an insult guaranteed to wound. I'm not sure what the corollary for men insulting women would be -- maybe the new girlfriend being prettier or younger than the old one?

I don't think that's the corollary. I know I could handle finding out that my ex's new girlfriend was younger than me, no problem. Prettier? Well, yeah, I might have a twinge of jealousy there... I probably shouldn't say what would cause a real wound... I get too focused on that and drive people around me crazy...

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that's the corollary. I know I could handle finding out that my ex's new girlfriend was younger than me, no problem. Prettier? Well, yeah, I might have a twinge of jealousy there... I probably shouldn't say what would cause a real wound... I get too focused on that and drive people around me crazy...

There is a lot more going on here than I can go into with airing a little bit too much dirty laundry. She married this guy way too young and he exhibited an increasing amount of mental cruelty, a decreasing amount of support at critical times and an active hostility to her extended family.

In a lot of ways, she is exercising her own wings a little bit for the first time. She's finished her education, she's got a good career in front of her now. She and her kids are more physically and financially stable than ever. And she has expanded her sexual horizons, dating a few guys before stumbling on me and realizing she might be a bit of a size queen. And what do you know, old needle dick just won't be civil to her. She'll probably grow out of it, but she's got to buck off those last few bits of her old cocoon first.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eitherway, yeah, she sounds like a bitch. I'd be careful if I were you, OP--if she's that vicious to her ex-husband, she won't be afraid to be that vicious with you in one way or the other. The gesture of insulting a man like that, even if he's the biggest asshole ever, is pushing it too far. Think about it, she went out of her way to get a shirt that says "Trust me, size matters" so he could see it when she opened the door. How can you deal with this? She is a vile person...I would steer away from that quick.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eitherway, yeah, she sounds like a bitch. I'd be careful if I were you, OP--if she's that vicious to her ex-husband, she won't be afraid to be that vicious with you in one way or the other. The gesture of insulting a man like that, even if he's the biggest asshole ever, is pushing it too far. Think about it, she went out of her way to get a shirt that says "Trust me, size matters" so he could see it when she opened the door. How can you deal with this? She is a vile person...I would steer away from that quick.

I guess that I just don't see this as being the third rail of divorce etiquette. Why should that particular issue be off limits? And when she showed me some matching panties to the shirt (same quote), they made my dick hard and we did it for awhile. Is it the grey skies? What turned everyone into Dr. Phil on this?

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The gesture of insulting a man like that, even if he's the biggest asshole ever, is pushing it too far.

Hmm...I disagree. Sometimes what goes around comes around. If he has been abusing her whether physically or emotionally he has no righteous grounds to stand on. And a small penis sure is unworthy of having Righteous Holy Anger.

You get what you give. If he's been handing out emotional abuse (as the OP has implied) maybe this Ex would do well to actually feel it for himself how devastating that can be to one's esteem.

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I would be more impressed with a woman who would take the higher road and turn the other cheek. I think that doing so exhibits a level of maturity and self-confidence beyond the norm, and hence...worthy of a relationship.

Ignoring the direct or indirect desire for vengeance on some level is a very difficult thing to do, but it can be done.

The older I become, the more I realize that vengeance is not mine to take.

...OB

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Putting myself in the place of the original poster, I wouldn't want anything to do with it.

First, I am my own man, using me to get back at her ex disrespects me.

Second, it shows that her real reason for being with me (for the moment) is to get back at him.

Third, my penis is for our enjoyment, not a means to hurt others, deserved or not.

Fourth, what happens when I do something that really pisses her off? It will happen. I'm human too.

Fifth, I expect my partners to be reasonably emotionally mature people. She obviously is not. I know I could do better.

Sixth, I am currently with her, why is she focusing so much emotion on another man? I have found that women who still hate their exes this much actually still love them. If they didn't they wouldn't be behaving like that. If she is still in love with him, why is she with me? (See the second reason)

Of course it is shallow, the OP admits that. We are all human. Sometimes we laugh when someone falls down a set of stairs. It isn't a big deal, as long as we do our best to merely internalize it and avoid humiliating others, or allowing others to do it for us.

While I'll admit that this is all pretty shallow, a couple of recent incidents with my girlfriend and her ex husband have made this a pretty current topic.

The first part I wrote about in another thread, when she accidentally sent a picture message to her ex, instead of her best friend (Mark vs. Mary) and he flipped out. She'd told me that I was several inches longer than him and this was a very flattering picture. He was obviously pissed and went off on her. During the argument the size difference thing came up and she really just stuck it too him.

The second was last week. They are just finishing up on a settlement from their divorce and he hasn't been turning over everything he is supposed to. They had a hearing one morning where the judge gave him until 5:00 that day do deliver some signed documents to her. She told me that when he brought them to her house, she answered the door in a T-Shirt, that said "Trust Me, Size Matters."

I've had other girlfriends zing their ex with size references in the past and I''l admit I always get a chuckle out of it. If this actually turns into a thead, I have a couple of other funny ones.

Here's the problem Rope. You said what you wanted to say, and no one thought it was particularly interesting or commendable.

Then you want to know why everyone turned into Dr. Phil over this subject.

The answer is, because you keep asking them to. Why do you keep trying to coax everyone on the thread into saying "Yea, that's hot that the slut expressed her shallow craving for big cock over anything else in life." No one seems to agree with you, so drop it.

And to your last comment, this did turn into a thread, but no one wants to hear the other ones.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's the problem Rope. You said what you wanted to say, and no one thought it was particularly interesting or commendable.

The answer is, because you keep asking them to. Why do you keep trying to coax everyone on the thread into saying "Yea, that's hot that the slut expressed her shallow craving for big cock over anything else in life." No one seems to agree with you, so drop it.

And to your last comment, this did turn into a thread, but no one wants to hear the other ones.

I had to check a second. I thought I may have accidentally logged on to Measurection.com.

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Fair enough. But why are so many people moralizing about it? This thread, I think, shows the odd duality of this board: on the one hand, its purpose is to facilitate discussion around what it means to have a large penis and the advantages and disadvantages that come with it. Big dicks are the focus of the board, in other words. But on the other hand, whenever the discussion turns to topics that may be in an ethical gray area, suddenly everyone is taking the high road and making proclamations along the lines of "there's more to life than just having a big dick." Of course there is. But that's what this board is about. If people want to insist that size is such an insignificant part of life, why even be here?

Wait -- he's asking people to turn into Dr. Phil and yet simultaneously asking us to applaud him for the situation? That doesn't quite compute. And come on, man. Is this seriously your interpretation of the situation? You honestly believe she "[craves] big cock over everything else in life"? That's the definition of blowing something out of proportion. This woman has launched a couple of digs at her asshole -- according to Rope, who's established himself as an intelligent poster here -- ex, and suddenly the only thing she cares about in life is big dick? I doubt it.

I wouldn't mind, for one.

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait -- he's asking people to turn into Dr. Phil and yet simultaneously asking us to applaud him for the situation? That doesn't quite compute. And come on, man. Is this seriously your interpretation of the situation? You honestly believe she "[craves] big cock over everything else in life"? That's the definition of blowing something out of proportion. This woman has launched a couple of digs at her asshole -- according to Rope, who's established himself as an intelligent poster here -- ex, and suddenly the only thing she cares about in life is big dick? I doubt it.

Agreed. Which is why I commented about the Saintliness of the responses. As if no one ever does or says anything bad or morally or ethically questionable themselves.

Also

This is yet another example of the prejudice of some LPSG posters. Female preferences for big dicks (or professed Size Queens) are crucified but gay Size Queens no one protests about. I'm beginning to think NJQT is right. Guys who take this attitude most often (though not always) seem to be non-hung themselves.

espreggels said:
I wouldn't mind, for one.

Neither would I.