When sombody tells you they they have been raped, how do you think it happened?

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm glad I'm not a lawyer.

As one of the folks posting said (to paraphrase), it's seems an issue of semantics. She possibly didn't know what legal 'phrase' to use, but she obviously felt violated. And that would feel like a type of rape to me.

I am also sure that marley doesn't really mean that ALL men are monsters. Again, semantics.

Did I say I wouldn't wanna be a lawyer? I wouldn't know what the fuck to think if I couldn't be allowed to speak shit once and awhile!!!

Ash_Nagel

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Rape in australia that is, is any form of penetration by a mans penis or any other part of his body, or by an object he is holding, so therefore that is rape

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lying about rape is about as disgusting as rape itself.

my sister was drugged, kidnapped and raped and missing for two days.
i am happy she was able to return in physical person. i have never seen
such trauma in person. 10 years later she is still dealing with this.

for anyone to exaggerate such a claim is beyond reprehensible in my estimation.
if it happened then those responsible should be held fully accountable. if it is an
exaggeration and a person cries 'rape' - shame on them.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I never, ever discuss this, but when I was 19, I found myself in a situation where I was in a car and subsequently in a park some miles outside of Boston, a little bit drunk, with no money with a hot older acquaintance of mine who I'd thought was a really great guy. He knew I had a boyfriend but he made it pretty plain that I wasn't going to get home without having sex with him. It got very, very ugly very, very quickly and turned into a sexual assault. I wasn't 'penetrated' except orally and and even that I did just to get it over with but I felt incredibly violated and horribly dirty and guilty and I never told anyone.

It took a long time even to admit it to myself, but yeah, I feel raped by that guy.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It took a long time even to admit it to myself, but yeah, I feel raped by that guy.
That's because you were. :frown1: I'm sorry that happend to you.

Re: When sombody tells you they they have been raped, how do you think it happened?
Getting back to the title question, as a rape survivor I don't really think about what happend to that person. I tend to have disturbing flashbacks to my own experience. :redface: My only thought of the other person is usually to empathize with them and maybe say a quick prayer that they can heal emotionally, mentally, and physically.

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I must say I can see where Galaxus is coming from.

Rape is Terrible, and Very terrible act, and should happen to no one. Man, Woman, or Child. We can all agree on that.

Real question is: Was it right for his Friend to say "SHE WAS RAPED?"

I personally thing" I was Sexually Assaulted, or I was Molested, would have been more truthful. Both Sexual assault and molestation are both terrible things, but also NOT RAPE.
-----------------------------
Symantecs are a tricky thing, but for a serious subject like this, I think things need to be cut and dry.

Reason being:
If a female friend of mine said they were sexually assaulted. I would probably Beat the crap out of the guy and tell him to never come around her agian.

If a female friend said they were raped. I'd kill the guy.
-----------------------------

I guess what I'm trying to say is people have to choose thier words carefully.

Say a friend name Fred tells you he can drink 2 pitchers of beer in a row, and he stops at 1.5 pitchers of beer. Fred says he's having a bad day, but he can really really do it. You call him full of shit. And maybe he'll try to drink 2 pitchers in a row another day. IT's NO BIG DEAL

Say your a Lilly, and you tell a John that you were raped by Larry. So John goes and KILLS Larry because John believe Larry raped Lilly. Then Lilly tell the police, what Larry did to her. The Story Lilly tells police is BAD, but has no penetration. So the Police say it isn't Rape (just sexual assault). So a Larry is dead, and John going to jail for murder, and the police tell John it was bad what happen to Lilly but she wasn't raped. THAT'S SORTA A BIG DEAL.

So yeah I think Galaxus has a right to be mad. If she lied about something like Her Wieght or That she didn't like the shirt he is wearing. NO BIG DEAL. Lying about RAPE, don't know about everyone else, I think that is a BIG DEAL.

lgtrmusr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I never, ever discuss this, but when I was 19, I found myself in a situation where I ... felt incredibly violated and horribly dirty and guilty and I never told anyone.

Thank you sincerely for the post. I was once in a milder situation where a male friend with whom i'd enjoyed sex in the past wanted more, on that occasion, than i was willing to offer. Things unfolded in a way i had not anticipated. The sense of violation I felt that night persists.