when the love aint the same

buddy7706

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What happens when you're in a relationship where u know you give alittle more and care A lttle more when evrything is fine , but as soon something goes wrong for them you are there still. Like the feeling for each other isn't on the same page . Anybody have similar situations and outcomes or advice with these type of relationships?

LittleDicky

LPSG Legend
Media
In most relationships, it seems that one person always loves the other one more. One person gives more. One person gives-in more. The reason is to keep peace and to preserve the relationship.

I'm not saying this is right, or that's how it should be. But, in reality, that seems to be the way it is.

Life is a trade off. You give certain things in order to have other things. You do without certain things -- if the "price" for gaining them is too much for you. It's an individual choice. You choose what you will "put up with" and what you are willing to sacrifice.

No one can have it all.....

Look at the relationships were all people do is bitch about their partners to their friends. Yet, they stay, as if they have a ball and chain on their leg. Many times, it's just too emotionally or financially draining (for whatever reasons) to end the relationship. So, people just wind up tolerating each other.

Some people feel that a bad relationship (or a less than perfect one) is preferable to no relationship at all. They simply don't want to be alone.

They say the divorce rate in this country is 50%. I'd be willing to bet that of the other 50%, HALF of those people just stay together because they are "stuck." They don't know what else to do or how to do it.

I guess we each have to pick our own poison.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do think that people outgrow each other and then move on. I don't think it's anyone's fault even though it may feel that way. What I've noticed in my own relationships is that sometimes one partner or the other needs more out of the situation and isn't getting it. The person you may marry is not the same 10 or 20 years later. I think as humans beings we have the tendency to blame each other rather than just accept what's happening. It must be pretty painful to be with someone for 30 years and then have it all fall apart. I think it takes a lot of adjusting to deal with it.