When was the last time you cried, and why?

bychance

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A few days ago while watching a documentary on HBO about a 7 year old boy who learns his mother is dead during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

When I saw the last ten minutes of Six Feet Under's finale for the second time the first week in August of this year.

A few movies will always get me going. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Theoden's recitation of Where Is the Horse and Rider in LOTR: The Two Towers, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Sunrise, etc.

Oh the irony...

A few days ago while watching a documentary on HBO about a 7 year old boy who learns his mother is dead during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Can you shorten that image of the pedophile in your signature? It's obnoxiously huge. Thanks.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A couple minutes ago when United 93 was playing on HBO again.

Yeah I just saw it today on HBO on demand. It didn't really get me teary, almost but not quite.

The last time I cried was last summer at the funeral of a person in their 30's that committed suicide. I wasn't very close to him, but hearing people wailing with grief really got to me.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I cry almost every day! The last time was yesterday when I watched the movie The Way We Were. I like to imagine myself in other people's place and part of that is letting myself feel their emotions. I've always cried more than most people since I was a kid.

But I let myself cry a lot in private. It could be seeing something about the war and people dying or just reading about a battle in history and thinking about all the people that suffered and died. Basically thinking about someone else's pain and suffering, real or just good acting. But it's not always sad things. It could also be something inspiring like anytime people work together to do something great. Examples are thinking about how it must have felt to be an astronaut going to the moon, or seeing a symphony or sports team perform perfectly together (thinking about all the work they must have put into it).

Honestly, I think people that only cry once a year are not very passionate. The emotions are just like your muscles or brain, if you use them they get stronger. So I consider letting myself feel things and cry as an exercise for my emotions.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Today, while watching "Extreme Makeover." This woman had been teased about her teeth since elementary school, and in turn, she never smiled and she always hated the way she looked simply because of her teeth. She went in to see the dentist, and they gave her a whole new mouth, and she balled so hard, it made me cry!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My friend's friend was diagonosed with lung cancer, she has no relatives and is more or less alone in the world. Because of various other health problems she had they missed it till it was very advanced, my friend got a phone call asking her to go to the hospital because her friend wasn't expected to live through the night, she phoned me from the hospital and we both cried. I expect we'll both be doing it tomorrow too.