When was the last time you saw a honest to god fist fight?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good times. :rolleyes::biggrin1:
LMAO

I had been drinking, and promptly flipped my beer bottle, pulled one girl down by her hair and hit her in the head. ( I do NOT recommend this! )

I can see why you need a bodyguard now. To keep you from beating up other chicks.:eek:

I guess I just really don't see much need for violence unless I find myself under physical attack.

I'm not a very violent guy or a fight monger by any stretch of the imagination but I can't stress enough the importance of being able to defend yourself.

the reason we have a voice is so we don't have to resort to punching someone

Mouthy comments often turn into punches flying. At least on the internet we are sheilded from physical pain. We have psychological pain instead -oh joy.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ganja,

Who is Kimbo? What have I been missing?

Look up Kimbo on youtube and watch one of his videos. He does underground fighting for money. Pretty much anybody who wants to put up enough money against him he will go and fight them. But it isn't a no rules street fight. More like a boxing match without gloves. He still beats the shit out of people though.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've never been in a fist fight and I've only seen a few in my time. The last probably being when I was in high school. Now, that's not to say I won't defend myself, but I've never had to. I think it's because I know how to keep my mouth shut and not act the fool in public. And because I don't drink and go to bars where there is nothing but drunk morons just looking to start shit with someone over anything.:rolleyes:

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow! It's always an eye-opener to read what other people experience. I've seen children fighting, but I've never seen adults doing it... Oops! I have to take that back. I got into a fight when I was 21 with a friend in another friend's front yard. A neighbor walking by intervened and we were embarrassed that we'd let it go that far. Still, I've just never been around people that resort to fists to solve their disagreements. I have to agree with Princess here: that's what our voices (and our minds) are for.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never been in a fist fight and I've only seen a few in my time. The last probably being when I was in high school. Now, that's not to say I won't defend myself, but I've never had to. I think it's because I know how to keep my mouth shut and not act the fool in public. And because I don't drink and go to bars where there is nothing but drunk morons just looking to start shit with someone over anything.:rolleyes:

You have just been lucky to have never needed to fight before. I usually try to stay out of fights but if someone says something to me I will say something back. Then they will usually get in my face which I can't stand. So I let them know if they don't get out of my face I'm going to do something about it. Then they either get out of my face or they start swinging at me and the fighting begins. I rarely go after the other person first.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I tend to keep my philosophies simple and have a non-intervention act. It's frustrating the number of people who want a piece of me though. Which is why a psychotic roaring voice and a sewer-mouth gets you everywere. :)

I cannae remember the last fight I saw!

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

You have just been lucky to have never needed to fight before. I usually try to stay out of fights but if someone says something to me I will say something back. Then they will usually get in my face which I can't stand. So I let them know if they don't get out of my face I'm going to do something about it. Then they either get out of my face or they start swinging at me and the fighting begins. I rarely go after the other person first.
Well, that's certainly a reasonable approach, and one which I'd probably take as well. I should say that I've always had my big brother and my older sisters to defend me, which is probably why I never was in a fist fight myself when I was younger.:biggrin: Now that I'm older though I guess I've just never been in situations where fist fights might arise. I can have a big mouth when someone provokes me though, but for some reason my verbal altercations have never turned physical.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, that's certainly a reasonable approach, and one which I'd probably take as well. I should say that I've always had my big brother and my older sisters to defend me, which is probably why I never was in a fist fight myself when I was younger.:biggrin: Now that I'm older though I guess I've just never been in situations where fist fights might arise. I can have a big mouth when someone provokes me though, but for some reason my verbal altercations have never turned physical.

I think the reason a lot of my verbal altercations turn into physical ones is because a lot of people look at me and think I can't defend myself. I used to get in a lot of fights with my brother when I was younger so that's how I learned how to fight. There must be something about the way I look that makes people think I am a "chump". Once they take things to a physical level they usually regret it, not always though.:redface:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

I think the reason a lot of my verbal altercations turn into physical ones is because a lot of people look at me and think I can't defend myself. I used to get in a lot of fights with my brother when I was younger so that's how I learned how to fight. There must be something about the way I look that makes people think I am a "chump". Once they take things to a physical level they usually regret it, not always though.:redface:
Yeah, my brother was the same way with me when I was little. He always thought he could toughen me up by beating the crap out of me. He taught me how to fight in the process, but I wished he would've went about it in a different way.:mad::biggrin: Luckily, he also defended me like a pit bull!

Also, FWIW, I don't think you look like a chump at all!:tongue::smile:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

My sentiments exactly. I don't drink and I don't go to bars, dance halls or social clubs. I keep my mouth shut even when berated in public and I don't retaliate when flipped the bird and such.

Fighting is for self defense. I am too hot headed to fight and not kill somebody or be killed myself. I can't control myself when I really loose my temper. I realized this years ago, so I try to avoid that kind of situation if at all possible. Don't think I am not tempted when somebody does something stupid and dangerous. Man, am I ever tempted, that's why I don't carry a gun. I'd be in prison in a heartbeat.

I generally have just let other people walk all over me. It's the safest thing for me to do. The few times I couldn't take it anymore and I did loose it, disaster nearly resulted. I can't fight without blowing up and really trying to hurt someone.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My sentiments exactly. I don't drink and I don't go to bars, dance halls or social clubs. I keep my mouth shut even when berated in public and I don't retaliate when flipped the bird and such.

Fighting is for self defense. I am too hot headed to fight and not kill somebody or be killed myself. I can't control myself when I really loose my temper. I realized this years ago, so I try to avoid that kind of situation if at all possible. Don't think I am not tempted when somebody does something stupid and dangerous. Man, am I ever tempted, that's why I don't carry a gun. I'd be in prison in a heartbeat.

I generally have just let other people walk all over me. It's the safest thing for me to do. The few times I couldn't take it anymore and I did loose it, disaster nearly resulted. I can't fight without blowing up and really trying to hurt someone.

I have a friend that is like that. He is a really nice guy but once he loses his cool and his temper takes over he is a maniac. He even hit his girlfriend once because he got so pissed off, which landed him in jail for a little while. Luckily he can calm down fast but I think part of the reason he can calm down so fast is nobody has ever hit him. When he gets into a fight the other person might push him or something. Then he hits them and knocks them out in the first punch everytime. I don't know how he does it but I have never seen anybody take a punch from him without being knocked unconscious and neither has anybody else who knows him. One time somebody pissed him off and ran from him. So he went over to their car and punched out every one of their side windows.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was in a bar in Pheonix(early 90's) and saw a man grab a guy by the neck and slap his face for at least 10 minutes. The man cried like a little boy. As men we can take a punch. To be slapped over and over is beyound pain. It was the Three Stooges on acid. Everyone was laughing so hard they couldnt stop the man from slapping him. The man had a giant red hand print on his face. :biggrin1:

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was in a bar in Pheonix(early 90's) and saw a man grab a guy by the neck and slap his face for at least 10 minutes. The man cried like a little boy. As men we can take a punch. To be slapped over and over is beyound pain. It was the Three Stooges on acid. Everyone was laughing so hard they couldnt stop the man from slapping him. The man had a giant red hand print on his face. :biggrin1:

That must have been humiliating more than anything.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That must have been humiliating more than anything.​
I was on the phone today with my friend who was there with me. He reminded me of this. I had forgotten about this. It was beyond funny. My friend also said i drank about 20 beers and 5 shots of southern Comfort and did three lines. I had forgotten about this also.:rolleyes: He was in Yuma one time with a Mexican girl and got bit in the balls by a Black Widow spider. Very serious. He was ok thank god. That happens you dont have much time. A Fist fight isnt funny at all. A Three stooges slapping is beyond funny. The slapping took place at a place called Nifty 50's. I dont know if the place is still there. I love arizona. The people out there are great. What a beautifull part of the country.:smile:

xiongmao

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Last time I saw a fist fight was about a month ago when some guy dashed a box of fags at me and shouted 'fag' across the bar (he was american so I don't think he saw the irony). As much as I wanted to smack him upside the head I didn't get a chance, one of my straight friends went flying across the dance floor and hit him with a flying sumo body press o_O Of course with my friend weighing about 16stone and moving surprisingly quickly for a man with double d's nobody else moved for a little while then just pissed themselves laughing :)
At the time my friend was very, very drunk :)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do Europeans get into fist fights? Or do they think it is beneath them? Seems like mostly Texans and people out in the "frontier" have responded here.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I saw two young boys, a couple of girls, and a bunch of grown men punching, elbowing, kneeing and kicking the crap out of each other in a boxing ring in Thailand a couple nights ago. Does that count? I wish I could have gotten the Thai girl boxer's number. She was hot, and I love women who know how to take a punch.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I don't get in to fist fights - I would be loath to actually hurt anyone.

I have been mugged - or rather some fucker tired to mug me - he ended up on the pavement with a fractured skull - but I didn't use my fists, so I guess it doesn't count. I did help him get to hospital tho'.

An ex of mine got a little feisty one night - he didn't like the fact I was at the same party as him so thought he'd throw me out. He grabbed my hair, I grabbed his throat - he slapped me in the face, I fractured his ribs with two swift punches. He stopped.

Having worked in bars and various night spots I've seen more fist fights than I care to remember. The last time I saw a fist fight the two protagonists were very very drunk. One of them must have thought he was fucking Bruce Lee or something cos he slipped his shoes off as they were squaring up. The other guy, seeing this, decided stamping would be a good course of action - steamed in hoofing at the other guy's socked feet and, when he got him and barefoot was hopping around, proceded to nail him to wall. Serves him right - what kind of asshole takes his shoes off for a pub brawl, for fuck's sake!!

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1992; a buddy of mine & were ordering some take out from Micky D's and this bollox I knew from another job was still pissed after i told him off good after I left the job. he pushed me into one of the tables bolted to the floor, and tagged me. I responded by giving him a hard right elbow into his nuts, then decked him with a good solid left tht shattered his four front teeth & sent him flying & knocking over garbage cans. We were both in cuffs when the cops got there, and he tried to lie, saying I instigated the whole scenario, but after reviewing the security tape, they found out HE was the instigator & released ME & arrested HIM with assault, right after he got done with emergency.