When was the last time you saw a honest to god fist fight?

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Physical violence truly frightens me. I physically shake when I see it.

I don't understand the thrill. To me it's just idiotic testosterone-laden crap.

I've been mugged twice (jumped from above - broke my foot - '92; and a murderer, fleeing a robbery broke my glasses, punched me in the face and threw me through a restaurant window - 97). Both, ironically were on the same street, 1/2 block from each other... very nice neighborhood: W 75th between Columbus and Amsterdam and W 75th & Broadway in Manhattan.

The last time I saw someone throw a punch was two weeks ago in Montreal... someone accused someone of stealing their beer at a gay bar... each got a clip in, before about 20 queens jumped them to stop the fight. I love gay men... we don't like messes to clean up... and breaking furniture is a NO NO!

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A couple of years ago (2004 maybe) I was at a club with my gf and some woman comes over shouting about someone sleeping with her husband. Turns out she worked behind the bar of another club we went to a few times and I'd left with her husband. I didn't know he was married let alone that his wife worked there (guess he liked taking risks)

Anyway, I didn't mind her being a mouthy bitch and could understand how she felt, but its not like it was my fault. My gf got involved and told her to back off and she slapped her, I drag the woman off her and the bitch bit me and starts pulling my hair.

Now I'm not typically violent, but I won't tolerate biting and hair pulling from anyone, if you're going to fight, do it fucking properly, we aren't in the play ground ffs so I punched her and started to walk away, she got up and came at me again so I kicked her in the mouth and sent her flying into the dance floor.

Sadly I was quite proud of myself, I'd not kicked that high since I gave up Tae-Kwon-Do several years before, and never in my life thought I'd manage it in that skirt lol
You go girl...............:smile: :wink:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes true. I was laying in the sun and fell asleep only to be awoken by about 50 Fire ants crawling on me. I never felt pain like that in my life. It felt like getting burned by tiny hot cigarettes. I jumped into the pool. Good thing i was naked it was easy to get them off of me.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw two young boys, a couple of girls, and a bunch of grown men punching, elbowing, kneeing and kicking the crap out of each other in a boxing ring in Thailand a couple nights ago. Does that count? I wish I could have gotten the Thai girl boxer's number. She was hot, and I love women who know how to take a punch.

I went to a boxing match in Thailand once - between fights they had a drag queen review.

Sadly I was quite proud of myself, I'd not kicked that high since I gave up Tae-Kwon-Do several years before, and never in my life thought I'd manage it in that skirt lol
I don't know you very well but I like you.

One of them must have thought he was fucking Bruce Lee or something cos he slipped his shoes off as they were squaring up. The other guy, seeing this, decided stamping would be a good course of action - steamed in hoofing at the other guy's socked feet and, when he got him and barefoot was hopping around, proceded to nail him to wall. Serves him right - what kind of asshole takes his shoes off for a pub brawl, for fuck's sake!!
LMAO.

1992; a buddy of mine & were ordering some take out from Micky D's and this bollox I knew from another job was still pissed after i told him off good after I left the job. he pushed me into one of the tables bolted to the floor, and tagged me. I responded by giving him a hard right elbow into his nuts, then decked him with a good solid left tht shattered his four front teeth & sent him flying & knocking over garbage cans. We were both in cuffs when the cops got there, and he tried to lie, saying I instigated the whole scenario, but after reviewing the security tape, they found out HE was the instigator & released ME & arrested HIM with assault, right after he got done with emergency.
Did you find that the cops seem pretty nonchalant about these kinds of brawls? I wonder if they just relate to all that pent up violence because they beat up people themselves- as work.

The last time I saw someone throw a punch was two weeks ago in Montreal... someone accused someone of stealing their beer at a gay bar... each got a clip in, before about 20 queens jumped them to stop the fight. I love gay men... we don't like messes to clean up... and breaking furniture is a NO NO!
I have never seen gay men in a fist fight. Ever. Not even bitch slapping or hair pulling. Man, the women who posted here have more balls than the queens.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
last night outside the gym...started as a fist fight and turned in to a brawl.........cops had to be called

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hmm... seems like there could be numerous tie-ins to the intelligence thread and the marijuana thread... well, that's me: always looking for how things are all interelated, connected, part of the whole...

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm... seems like there could be numerous tie-ins to the intelligence thread and the marijuana thread... well, that's me: always looking for how things are all interelated, connected, part of the whole...

I can tell you marijuana's relationship with violence. It makes you not want to fight. When you're high the last thing you want to do is fight. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I only believe in fighting if it is pure friendly competition with rules or for defense.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1997. i broke a guys jaw and rib.
he blessed me with a chipped tooth and a broken finger.
i was on lsd and he grabbed my girlfriends butt.
i am normally not at all possesive...but the situation made me wierd.

#1 cause of fight in clubs.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Saw two old redneck guys fighting at a 7-11 a few months ago. Both of them drunk off their asses.

Use to see fights all the time. Worked in a club. 20's and no pussy=fights

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
third grade. and NO, fistfights are nothing to brag about. if you like them, you have problems.

people being violent with each other depresses me.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You have just been lucky to have never needed to fight before. I usually try to stay out of fights but if someone says something to me I will say something back. Then they will usually get in my face which I can't stand. So I let them know if they don't get out of my face I'm going to do something about it. Then they either get out of my face or they start swinging at me and the fighting begins. I rarely go after the other person first.

Hmmm - it looks like the other person hasn't been lucky - they're just smart enough to know when to walk away. It doesn't take luck to avoid returning a smart arse comment with a smart arse comment and escalating things. It takes someone smart enough to walk away. Any fight - ANY fight - can end up with someone dead. All it takes is one person to go down hard on concrete (all the more likely when they are drunk) and they're dead. Flat out simple dead. It isn't big. It isn't clever. It isn't worth it 'cos he said something about your mother or she spilled your drink down your new shirt. So I don't fight. Not 'can't' but don't. It is an absolute last means for me (I've stopped several fights without swinging and even ended a mugging by proving he wasn't going to be able to put me down and I wasn't interested in swinging back) and one that I'm glad that I've not had to use. Apologise. Buy them a drink. Walk away. I've a lot more respect for someone who is man or woman enough to do that.

Tlss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm a couple of weeks ago. It was bloody and the poor chap lost his front teeth.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmm - it looks like the other person hasn't been lucky - they're just smart enough to know when to walk away. It doesn't take luck to avoid returning a smart arse comment with a smart arse comment and escalating things. It takes someone smart enough to walk away. Any fight - ANY fight - can end up with someone dead. All it takes is one person to go down hard on concrete (all the more likely when they are drunk) and they're dead. Flat out simple dead. It isn't big. It isn't clever. It isn't worth it 'cos he said something about your mother or she spilled your drink down your new shirt. So I don't fight. Not 'can't' but don't. It is an absolute last means for me (I've stopped several fights without swinging and even ended a mugging by proving he wasn't going to be able to put me down and I wasn't interested in swinging back) and one that I'm glad that I've not had to use. Apologise. Buy them a drink. Walk away. I've a lot more respect for someone who is man or woman enough to do that.

I don't think it is smart to let people walk all over you and treat you however they want. IMO the best thing to do in a situation like this is to stand up for yourself unless the person has a weapon. I have been in plenty of fights and even lost a couple but never even came close to being killed or even ended up in the hospital. I couldn't back down like that even if I wanted to. Once someone pisses me off I have to do something about it. I have a slight temper problem. I'm not going to let some random person treat me like shit. If you want to let people bully you that's your business but it doesn't make you smarter than me for doing that either. Sometimes you can't walk away or apologise because that will make the person want to fight you more thinking you're scared. A lot of the time if you stand up to them and let them know you're not intimidated they won't even end up fighting you. Majority of the time when people have talked shit to me and I stood up to them they backed down because they knew I would fight them if I had to and they weren't expecting that. There are more people who talk tough but won't follow through but if you back down they might. When you stand up to them sometimes you intimidate them. I have seen people back down from fights and get their asses kicked for it. Overall I don't think standing up to someone is stupid.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My self esteem doesn't depend on whether or not someone else thinks I'm scared, or thinks I'm not 'man enough' to go toe-to-toe with them. Learning to value yourself by your own perceptions is a big part of growing up.

Did I say I let 'random people bully me? Trust me buddy, no-one has bullied me since the school playground. Do I feel I need to respond with fists, feet, knees and elbows every time some drunk idiot makes a nasty-wasty comment? No. I'm a little more evolved than that. Besides, standing up to someone doesn't depend of hitting them. I've a few ex-bosses who'll testify to the fact that I'm no walkover and believe it or not I've never raised a hand to them. I have a foul, evil temper that I have learned to keep under very, very tight wraps. Any time I lose it, I've lost.

Oh and the 'I've never seen it happen so it doesn't' argument doesn't work outside of kindergarden. One punch and a bad landing is all it takes to kill someone. It happens. I'm not willing to live with that on my conscience because someone called me names! If I felt my life (or, far more likely the life of someone else) was threatened then I'd fight. Other than that is *simply isn't worth it*.

I don't think it is smart to let people walk all over you and treat you however they want. IMO the best thing to do in a situation like this is to stand up for yourself unless the person has a weapon. I have been in plenty of fights and even lost a couple but never even came close to being killed or even ended up in the hospital. I couldn't back down like that even if I wanted to. Once someone pisses me off I have to do something about it. I have a slight temper problem. I'm not going to let some random person treat me like shit. If you want to let people bully you that's your business but it doesn't make you smarter than me for doing that either. Sometimes you can't walk away or apologise because that will make the person want to fight you more thinking you're scared. A lot of the time if you stand up to them and let them know you're not intimidated they won't even end up fighting you. Majority of the time when people have talked shit to me and I stood up to them they backed down because they knew I would fight them if I had to and they weren't expecting that. There are more people who talk tough but won't follow through but if you back down they might. When you stand up to them sometimes you intimidate them. I have seen people back down from fights and get their asses kicked for it. Overall I don't think standing up to someone is stupid.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My self esteem doesn't depend on whether or not someone else thinks I'm scared, or thinks I'm not 'man enough' to go toe-to-toe with them. Learning to value yourself by your own perceptions is a big part of growing up.

Did I say I let 'random people bully me? Trust me buddy, no-one has bullied me since the school playground. Do I feel I need to respond with fists, feet, knees and elbows every time some drunk idiot makes a nasty-wasty comment? No. I'm a little more evolved than that. Besides, standing up to someone doesn't depend of hitting them. I've a few ex-bosses who'll testify to the fact that I'm no walkover and believe it or not I've never raised a hand to them. I have a foul, evil temper that I have learned to keep under very, very tight wraps. Any time I lose it, I've lost.

Oh and the 'I've never seen it happen so it doesn't' argument doesn't work outside of kindergarden. One punch and a bad landing is all it takes to kill someone. It happens. I'm not willing to live with that on my conscience because someone called me names! If I felt my life (or, far more likely the life of someone else) was threatened then I'd fight. Other than that is *simply isn't worth it*.

This has nothing to do with self esteem you must have missed some of my previous posts. I said I don't agree with violence unless it is friendly competition or it is out of defense. If someone says something to me I will say something back not go and fight them for saying something. If they choose to take it to a physical level then I am prepared for that too but I'm not the one that starts the fight. I know a fight can cause a death you must have missed another one of my posts. I know a person who is in jail for killing someone in a fight. But it rarely happens. You are acting like I said that I will attack someone for calling me a name. I don't do that but I will say something back to them. Letting people treat you however they want and not doing anything about it doesn't show self value. From my experience in most cases when you stand up to someone the fight never even happens.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You say you won't start a fight but you will say something back, knowing that it might lead the other person to escalate the situation. That is as good as starting the fight in my book. That is your ego talking and you spoiling for a fight (you know that they are when they make their comment, how is yours any different?). No more, no less. Ignore the comment. Walk away. That isn't letting someone 'treat you however they want' - it's ignoring some idiot mouthing off. You mouth off back and you are no better than them. It is childish.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You say you won't start a fight but you will say something back, knowing that it might lead the other person to escalate the situation. That is as good as starting the fight in my book. That is your ego talking and you spoiling for a fight (you know that they are when they make their comment, how is yours any different?). No more, no less. Ignore the comment. Walk away. That isn't letting someone 'treat you however they want' - it's ignoring some idiot mouthing off. You mouth off back and you are no better than them. It is childish.

It isn't always that simple. What if the person lives in your neighborhood and everytime they see you after you backed down from them they decide to fuck with you. I know I'm not going to hide out in my house from them. I'll say it again, a lot of people who mouth off to you aren't willing to fight you they just don't think you have the balls to say something back. Then when you say something back and let them know you are not going to back down, they end up backing down. It has happened to me in most of my arguments. Only about 10% of the arguments I have been in have turned into actual fist fights. One thing I have learned is when someone is getting in your face never turn your back and walk away. I have done that once and the person grabbed me and slammed me on the back of my head back when I was about 12 or 13. I walked away because he was a lot bigger and I thought I would get my ass kicked if I fought him. I tried to walk away and got my ass kicked anyway. Walking away doesn't always work. Being passive is not going to stop the person from what they are doing. That's how people end up getting beat up or bullied.