When will the madness stop?!?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A female, 25 yr old, 6th grade, math teacher ran off with one of her 13 year old male students to Mexico. WTF!?!? This is insane. This is happenning with alarming frequency in the United States I have no idea why so many alleged educators are lacking a moral and ethical compass but it needs to stop.

Does this kind of nonsense happen around the world as much as it does in the United States?

Teacher Student Love Turns Deadly
Teacher-Student Lesbian Affair? Police Bust Teacher

Teacher Arrested in Mexico, Boy Released
By OSKAR GARCIA
Associated Press Writer

LEXINGTON, Neb. — A teacher accused of running away with a 13-year-old student planned a romantic life with him in his native Mexico, but she was near broke when they were captured there, authorities said Saturday.

Their border crossing during a week on the lam may mean the teen, an illegal immigrant, will not be able to come back to the rural Nebraska town where he was an eighth-grader.

This undated photo provided by his family shows 13-year-old Fernando Rodriguez, an eighth-grader at the Lexington, Neb., Middle School. An investigation of a middle school teacher's relationship with her former student erupted into an international hunt Friday, Nov. 2, 2007, with the FBI and Mexican police searching for the pair and Nebraska authorities building evidence for a sexual assault case. AP Photo/Family Photo)

The boy's relatives told police he had called home asking for money, leading investigators to a shopping mall in the border city of Mexicali on Friday. Kelsey Peterson, 25, and Fernando Rodriguez, 13, were taken into custody without incident in the parking lot.

Peterson, a sixth-grade math teacher and basketball coach at Lexington Middle School, fled with the boy after police began investigating whether the pair had an intimate relationship, authorities said. Court documents said the boy was last seen Oct. 26.

An international hunt was under way after Peterson's car was spotted crossing into Mexico on Tuesday.

"They didn't have a very well-defined plan, it was basically to continue driving into Mexico to hide," said Alfredo Arenas, the Baja California state police official who detained Peterson. "This was a mutual agreement to flee after the story came out that they were having sex."
The Associated Press generally does not identify people who may be victims of sex crimes, but the boy's name had been widely publicized as police searched for him.

Peterson was turned over to the FBI early Saturday. The boy was turned over to relatives in Mexicali because he was an illegal immigrant in the United States and was not allowed to return, Arenas said.

Fernando's uncle, Pedro Raya, said he spoke to the boy Saturday and they agreed he would go to the family's rural hometown in the southern state of Guanajuato, mainly because of his immigration status.

"He's OK," said Raya, 47, of Yuma, Ariz. "I just told him to stay over there in Mexico and the FBI is going to take care of everything."

Dawson County Attorney Elizabeth Waterman said Saturday she knew about Fernando's immigration status but did not know how it was going to affect her case against Peterson.

"That's one of the things we need to evaluate so I really don't have an answer at this time," Waterman said. "I don't know if that information is completely accurate or if that's subject to change, but we're dealing with that."

Peterson is charged with kidnapping, child abuse and contributing to the delinquency of a minor in Nebraska. She's also faces federal charges of transporting a minor across state lines or a foreign border for sexual activity, U.S. Attorney Joe Stecher said.

Stecher said he didn't intend to double-prosecute Peterson, and would work with Waterman to decide in which jurisdiction she would face charges.

Court documents showed authorities had recovered several e-mails and letters in which Peterson and the boy professed their affection for one another.

In letters, the boy called Peterson his "Baby Gurl" and said their relationship was "just not about the sex but that it was pretty good," according to the court documents.

Fernando was an eighth-grader at Lexington Middle School, but district Superintendent Todd Chessmore said Rodriguez had been in Peterson's 6th-grade math class. He said he placed Peterson on paid administrative leave on Oct. 25.

Peterson's school-issued laptop contained letters to the student, including one from April saying she loved him, thought he loved her, was "100 percent faithful" to him and would always be faithful, the court documents state.

Laura Rodriguez also said the family believed Peterson gave the boy a cell phone without his family's knowledge so she could reach him more easily. There was no response to messages left for a cell phone listed to a Kelsey Peterson of Lexington.
___
Associated Press writer Anna Jo Bratton in Omaha contributed to this report.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then there was the sixth grade teacher who got pregnant by one of her students, was in jail for a while, got out, got pregnant again by the same boy, went to jail again, got out again, and this time he was of age and they got married! :eek: I forget what her name was, but I actually think that was a very rare occurence of them simply being soulmates who had too much of an age difference at first. Most teacher/student incidents like this are NOT like that, and are abusive...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That would be the infamous and legendary Mary Kay LeTourneau.
You forgot that she was already married with 4 children and left her first family behind after getting out of prison to marry the kid she'd been schtupping since he was in the 6th grade. She asmits she first noticed hime when he was in the 2nd grade! :eek:
It made Time Magazines list of 75 top Crimes of the Century!

Then there was the sixth grade teacher who got pregnant by one of her students, was in jail for a while, got out, got pregnant again by the same boy, went to jail again, got out again, and this time he was of age and they got married! :eek: I forget what her name was, but I actually think that was a very rare occurence of them simply being soulmates who had too much of an age difference at first. Most teacher/student incidents like this are NOT like that, and are abusive...[/quote]

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It happens in the UK.

There was a case quite recently, but she may have been found not guilty. That is often the problem with media coverage, you get more on the accusations rather than the truth. We also have a major problem with malicious accusations.

Given the number of teachers and students, it is, though obviously unacceptable, still quite rare.

The woman in this case, clearly has serious issues. The only saving grace in these incidents is that the perpetrators don't wish any physical ill to their victims. What is going on psychologically is beyond me.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It happens in the UK.

There was a case quite recently, but she may have been found not guilty. That is often the problem with media coverage, you get more on the accusations rather than the truth. We also have a major problem with malicious accusations.

If you mean the tennis coach, she's now in jail for a couple of years.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I never ran into these kinds of teachers when I was growing up. God knows many kids have crushes on their teachers. I guess its part of the job of being a teacher...they must know how to listen and speak back nicely. For some kids that's pure heaven, considering the verbal abuse some parents can give. No wonder kids "fall" for the teacher.

On the other hand, falling in love with a ten year old is a bit strange: a lot of the teachers who make the news seem to be pretty attractive. You'd think they wouldn't need a CHILD to make them feel good.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
My female french teacher tried to hint at me all the time, innuendo and 'those' looks, etc. It was no secret to anybody in our class, she even admitted to fawning over a minor UK celebrity that I look very similar too. She even made some attmpets at phsycial advances once or twice, but her nerves got the btter of her.
I was 13/14 at the time. She was married and mid-thirties upwards.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*SNIP* On the other hand, falling in love with a ten year old is a bit strange: a lot of the teachers who make the news seem to be pretty attractive. You'd think they wouldn't need a CHILD to make them feel good.
That's what I often wonder too.

to be honest NS who could blame her :)
I was thinking the same thing. :wink:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never ran into these kinds of teachers when I was growing up. God knows many kids have crushes on their teachers. I guess its part of the job of being a teacher...they must know how to listen and speak back nicely. For some kids that's pure heaven, considering the verbal abuse some parents can give. No wonder kids "fall" for the teacher.

Some of MY teachers must've missed that training! :eek: I was treated badly by some of my teachers (not sexually or anything, but verbally...). Fortunately, my parents were not abusive.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mary Kay LeTourneau insists she and her student/now-husband are soulmates. When I first read the story when it hit the media, I wondered if she had some sort of psychological hold on the young man. He was described as older than his chronological age although I don't know if that meant he was more wise, intelligent, or street savvy than his peers. His mother didn't think she was a predator and thought the media was too harsh on her. Weird.

It's difficult for some people to see women in positions of authority as predators. I remember the teacher in Florida who was accused of raping one of her students and her lawyer suggested she was "too pretty" to go to jail. Portraying the female aggressor as beyond reproach only exacerbates the problem. The student's friends are probably high fiving each other when they find out. Doubtful that happens when the student is female although I could be wrong.

Does no one remember the song "Don't stand so close to me"?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
to be honest NS who could blame her :)

Quite so. :cool:
To be honest, if I'd have found her attractive(and wasn't scared to death by the notion of sexual intercourse at the time), I probably would have acted upon it, with no regrets most likely.

I wondered if she had some sort of psychological hold on the young man. He was described as older than his chronological age although I don't know if that meant he was more wise, intelligent, or street savvy than his peers.

Let me go, damn it. :hypnotized::crying:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Mary Kay LeTourneau insists she and her student/now-husband are soulmates.

Maybe they are soulmates. Who knows?

Why, in the greater scheme things of things, are women more villified than men for having sex with minors. Why are women expected to adhere to a higher moral standard than men with regards to sexuality and parental responsibility?

Misogyny is still alive and well.:mad:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
mercurialbliss said:
It's difficult for some people to see women in positions of authority as predators.

Why, in the greater scheme things of things, are women more villified than men for having sex with minors. :mad:

You have that backwards bull. Adult men having sex with minors, especially minor males, are villified more than adult women are. The double standard present in our society expects youths to make sexual conquests whereas young girls are supposed to stay virgins until they marry.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I admit to having doubts but maybe they are.
Why, in the greater scheme things of things, are women more villified than men for having sex with minors. Why are women expected to adhere to a higher moral standard than men with regards to sexuality and parental responsibility?
I gotta disagree with you on this. I think they're usually seen as sad, misguided, oversexed, confused, but certainly not villians. That was the main point of my post.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I admit to having doubts but maybe they are.

I gotta disagree with you on this. I think they're usually seen as sad, misguided, oversexed, confused, but certainly not villians. That was the main point of my post.

I wasn't very clear. I was referring more to parental responsibilty.

A woman who abandons her children is more harshly criticized/villified than a man who abandons his.

At any rate, I believe that women are generallly held to a much higher moral standard than men.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
You have that backwards bull. Adult men having sex with minors, especially minor males, are villified more than adult women are. The double standard present in our society expects youths to make sexual conquests whereas young girls are supposed to stay virgins until they marry.

Yes, I did have this backward. I wasn't thinking clearly when I typed this last night. See my post above. That's why I was really trying to say.