When will this Primary drama END???!?!?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm finding it harder and harder to talk to anyone rationally on this subject.

So many people are acting as if the Democratic Primary is actually the main event, forgetting that the hardest task is yet to come. A lot of the comments being made on both sides of extreme lunatics are just laughable beyond means. They bumrush any political thread with the same venom and poison, repeating themselves over and over again about playground-style arguments with no sign of anyone listening. A few voices dribble out of the crowd with some level of common sense, but they're drowned out by the idiots on both sides. It's at a point where I really want to grab all the extreme Obama & extreme Clinton supporters, shake them back to consciousness and tell them all to WAKE THE FUCK UP.

All of their hate for one another is based on ignorance and stupidity. They're obsessed with every single trivial factoid about their opponents, constantly posting every single biased editorial or news article as if they found the one magical key that will lead to the complete destruction of their evil adversary. And yet, with all of the negative spinning & typical politicis that's being played by EVERYONE, nobody can't see the real picture ahead and come to their senses.

I already know that certain individuals are ready to jump on this thread right now with their bullshit and insults. They're going to ignore my real intentions when I actively played a role in these debates, mistaking that I was communicating with rationally thinking adults. Some will try to highlight out one incident, distort it and then try to use it against me as a means to support their conspiracy theories... the same way they do it with Clinton and Obama. And I'm certain that by the end of this, my ignore list is going to skyrocket. But at this point, I simply don't care. WAKE THE FUCK UP, you guys!!! Get off those soapboxes and stop getting all worked up about the bullshit.

There, I said it... now let me dig my trench and get ready for the barricade of insults. :mad: :biggrin1:

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Soon I hope, I gave up on it a few weeks ago here besides, this isnt where I get my news political or otherwise.

Lets get back to counting to 25,000, pfft

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's LPSG for you.....or maybe Human nature. People love drama, drama is sought out, and contributed to, to make...more drama. It's a self-feeding monster eh!

I understand and emphathise with your frustrations, but this place won't change in that respect.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
your from england Dodger, we wouldn't expect you to care, its our election:smile: although what happens here affects the world and england

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
your from england Dodger, we wouldn't expect you to care, its our election:smile: although what happens here affects the world and england

Yeah but its so bloody confusing no-one can keep up with it. You have a ridiculous system, you should just vote and then the one with the most votes wins. But you have to do all this fannying around with points and shit!
And tbh it doesn't really affect us that much because the "special relationship" (bumfun) between Bush and Blair is over.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
To answer the question in the title, it will end when people learn to do the two important things during an election campaign:

1. Vote for who you want to vote for.
2. Shut the fuck up.

To be honest no-one over our side of the Atlantic gives a shit.

I care who the next president of the USA is.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What we should do is change the way we handle the primaries.

When we have the general election, everyone votes on the same day. We usually know who the president is that same day...or a few days or weeks later. We should do the same thing with the primaries.

Have a day, maybe in Jan or Feb, when we all vote in the primaries on the same day. That way we can focus on the Republican and the Democratic candidates until November. The process we are using now is not working.

People who live in states which vote early in the primary election decided and narrowed down the candidates. It's not fair for the rest of the people who live in other states who voted later or haven't even voted yet. They never got to vote for Guiliani, Edwards, Huckabee, Romney, or any of the other candidates.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
The problem with that plan is that it doesn't give the candidates the opportunity to campaign in each state on the day of its primary. Granted, they could just have a 50-day schedule leading up to it.
But really, that last sentence is one of the reasons we do it like we do. We're trying to whittle it down to just two candidates. The primaries are a test of survival, see how long you can keep your campaign running strong.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The problem with that plan is that it doesn't give the candidates the opportunity to campaign in each state on the day of its primary. Granted, they could just have a 50-day schedule leading up to it.
But really, that last sentence is one of the reasons we do it like we do. We're trying to whittle it down to just two candidates. The primaries are a test of survival, see how long you can keep your campaign running strong.

It doesn't seem fair to the other people who never got the chance to pick a candidate that they wanted. Their votes don't count, and they had to go to the polls and possibly vote for someone they weren't interested in. All votes are supposed to count! There may be people in other states who would have voted for Romney over McCain or Edwards over Obama and Hillary.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What we should do is change the way we handle the primaries.

When we have the general election, everyone votes on the same day. We usually know who the president is that same day...or a few days or weeks later. We should do the same thing with the primaries.

Have a day, maybe in Jan or Feb, when we all vote in the primaries on the same day. That way we can focus on the Republican and the Democratic candidates until November. The process we are using now is not working.

People who live in states which vote early in the primary election decided and narrowed down the candidates. It's not fair for the rest of the people who live in other states who voted later or haven't even voted yet. They never got to vote for Guiliani, Edwards, Huckabee, Romney, or any of the other candidates.

That's a good idea. It would speed up the process dramatically and prevent these drawn out dramafests.

inman69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh you know that it is going to be a drawn out dramafest. I don't think that we've seen anything yet. I've given up on it. Let's go back to talking about BIG cocks. That could also apply to politicians.

sizexxx

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know if I'd use the word "extreme", but I am definitely a strong Obama supporter. I don't hate Hillary supporters, or Hillary herself. I think she has done some wonderful work for the people of this country, especially on women's and children's issues. But I do think that her tactics in this election have been underhanded, unfair, and negative in a way that is helping the Republican attack machine. I think that her supporters are just so passionate about her that they fail to see this, or any of her other flaws, while exaggerating Obama's flaws and writing off the experience and qualifications he brings as irrelevant, if they are correctly informed about them at all.

I can be a bit snarky and even harsh in my tone at times when I get frustrated, but at the end of the day, Democrats need to unite behind our candidate, whichever of them wins. Without some deus-ex-machina, it is not going to be Hillary. I just hope her supporters can reconcile with this reality in time to reunify the party and defeat More of the Same John McInsane.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a good idea. It would speed up the process dramatically and prevent these drawn out dramafests.

And we should get rid of delegates, super delegates, and the entire electoral college process. Let's have a popular vote election; the candidate with the most votes wins--kind of like the Academy Awards!:smile: