When will we STOP pointing the finger at each other and Step up?

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I ask this because the TOPIC of Bullies and NOW this HUGE thing in Kansas City, mo...

Everyone is in such a hurry to point the fingers at the parents..
Then when I asked why don't you as a parent of a kid (somewhere) or a future parent step the hell up and tell the KIDS to behave!!!
But, when I say that. Folks fight back at ME!! To claim that they don't want to get beat or KILLED!! I even had one LOSER tell me that I have no say so because I said stop to a four year old!!
HA HA!!
I wrote four damn post and YET the LOSER still did not get the message...

Here is the story I am talking about..
Plaza Brawls Caught On Camera - Video - KMBC Kansas City

This is the face book page...
Links on "KMBC News" | Facebook

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been to The Country Club Plaza in Kansas City; it would seem unthinkable that something like that would happen there. That area is upscale retail and restaurants (or used to be) with as I remember a very strong security and police presence. Times sure have changed. To a degree it's the parents responsibility to teach their children right form wrong from an early age. It would seem the people in that video never learned those lessons. Subsequently they are going to have to take responsibility for their own actions and pay the consequences. There really comes a point where you just can't blame the parents anymore.
There is a member here who lives in KC; I would be interested to hear what she has to say.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hm. I'm not really sure how I feel about this. From what I've heard on the situation, the teens that were causing issues on The Plaza were not from that immediate area, which is incredibly affluent, wealthy, etcetera, just like nudeyorker said. Spanish architecture, expensive restaurants and stores, valet parking, horse-drawn carriages, fancy dress, what have you. The teens are from a little bit further down the metro bus line from "the ghetto", if you want to call it that. Not to make excuses for those kids, but the parents in that general vicinity aren't exactly known for being upstanding citizens themselves. Also, there's virtually nowhere for teenagers to hang out if they're from that part of town. The only real "shopping district" near them is Westport, which at night is basically just a string of bars and wandering drunk people. The next closest place would be The Plaza, which has more stores and restaurants that they can get into, plus a movie theater.

Not really sure what's possessing -that- many kids to congregate in one place at once. Police seem to think that they're using Facebook and/or Twitter to plan these gatherings. I guess I can understand the allure. Being a bored teenager with little-to-no money and nothing better to do. Why not get as many teenagers together as humanly possible in one of the fanciest areas of the city and have ourselves some fun? There's not enough cops to arrest 500 kids, so the odds of you getting caught doing something wrong are slim to none. I highly doubt that the kids intended on getting into fights or anything while there, but you get 500-ish teenagers in one spot, a large portion of which are missing a proper upbringing, then I guess fights are bound to happen. Lots more peer pressure.

Are the parents to blame for the way their kids behaved? Possibly. I think it's a 50/50 to be honest, with the ages of most of those kids. They're old enough to take responsibility for their own actions, and to have an awareness of the consequences of what they do. They may be more likely to make poor decisions due to the way they were raised, but at the same time, they're old enough now to choose differently. Let the kids take responsibility for their actions. In a situation like this, I don't feel the parents should be in trouble for anything. Their "punishment" is the hell their kids are going to be bringing to them throughout life, a direct result of their upbringing. :tongue:

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What has happened to KC?
We have the Black mall still? RIGHT?
Or Crown center?
I go to the Black mall and Crown Center every time I visit Mo..
What is happening to the CITY?
The kids used to have partys at each others homes!!
I am NOT that damn old..
Was is going on??
I also see that it is still Black areas and White areas also..
Because, last few times I was in KC, I asked a corner store for some directions and the White guy gave me MAD attitude!! I was like wow... but I was GLAD that I was gonna LEAVE the city after my visit..
I can't deal with that kind of CRAP every day...
My point was WHY don't GROWN UP'S correct the KIDS no matter WHAT color they are..
Not every kid carrys a GUN!!

Last edited:

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks Luka...but...NOT really back..
Off and on..kind off....
The Black mall is mainly area to get hair care items and other stuff for the kids and family.