When Women Turn Out To Be Guys Online

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah. It's kinda hard to tease out all the "DL" statistics when none of the men will talk openly about it (even anonymously). I'm sure some of those men are bi and others are simply gay. The power of the Internet seems to have given these guys more access and outlet for feelings and urges that are very dangerous to express openly in the African American community. I, for one, don't go to any gay bars etc in the Baltimore area because of ther social conservatism of people who look like me and the rampant zenophobia.

Now ehen I'm in Rehoboth, its another story entirely... :evilgrin:

nickj3328:
Originally posted by madame_zora@Mar 27 2005, 01:43 AM
Well I have found chatrooms to be lurking places for trolls of all kinds, so I usually avoid them like the plague. I much prefer the message board format, like here, because it is very hard for a man to pass himself off as a woman when you can read and dissect his words at your leisure. We seem to catch trolls pretty quickly here for that reason. That being said, it really depends on why I'm talking to that person anyway. If I'm trying to meet people and making myself vulnerable, I really hate being lied to.

@jonb- someone sent me that article a little while back and I laughed until I had tears streaking down my face. You know what they say, suck one cock and the rest of your life...
[post=294349]Quoted post[/post]​
I ahd some guy swear for moths he was a women but just the way he talked and his agressive nature you knew he wasn't

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Mar 28 2005, 06:04 PM
Well, it's not just black men; you can blame Oprah for that idea.
[post=294681]Quoted post[/post]​

True. Our City Paper actually had the most fascinating article on the "DL Brothas" before Oprah even aired. Actually had some anonymou sinterviews, etc. The overwhelming idea among most AfAms is that the "Flaming queen" is the only type of gay man that exists, hence, the idea of "DL Borthas," Muscle/Bears, and/or Masculine gay men just seems incomprehensible to them. Sad, really.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Myself personally, I despise it when I think I'm talking with a lady online, and it turns out to be a dude. Between you and me, i'm glad only progressed online, and not in person, you know?

I don't think you were weirded out by this, rather more so than confused because of the deception. Homophobic? Well, that really depends on your reaction.

tightfit

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mmmm?
Yes it has happened to me. I thought it was a man responding to me but it turned out to be a woman.
I was suprised and a little annoyed.
Does that make me heterophobic? ;-)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Lex@Mar 29 2005, 03:46 AM
True. Our City Paper actually had the most fascinating article on the "DL Brothas" before Oprah even aired. Actually had some anonymou sinterviews, etc. The overwhelming idea among most AfAms is that the "Flaming queen" is the only type of gay man that exists, hence, the idea of "DL Borthas," Muscle/Bears, and/or Masculine gay men just seems incomprehensible to them. Sad, really.
[post=294880]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, I think part of it is that the "flaming queen" is like a third gender. Feelings about third genders vary; a Lakota winkte might be sacred, but a Mexican puto is treated in pretty much the same way los nortes treat all gay guys.

Really, though when you get right down to it, when we're talking about sex we're really talking about alliances.