When you catch a guy checking you out...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by LemacST, Oct 17, 2007.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

how do you react if you too find him attractive?

I ask because it seems every girl has their own style. Do you ever approach him or do you always expect him to be the one approaching you?

Also, how do you react to an overly agressive guy? If a guy was hollering/whistling at you but you thought he was physically attractive, how would you react?

What would you say is the "ideal" way for a guy to check you out? Like, how agressive (or not) would you like it? A simple stare? A hard, lustful stare? etc.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Excellent Question and probably one more men should ask!

It depends on the location and situation. I know that's not a great answer but it's true. :smile:

3. D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Also depends on the guy in question. I can be shy, sometimes, and like an agressive girl to make the first move. Confidence is hot. If you're just gonna sit back and wait for me then screw it. Simply having eye sex doesn't count. Conversation! Talk to me. Ask me about me day. Buy me a drink. More or less, do what guys have traditionally been expected to do. Even if I'm not initially attracted to the girl I'll still take interest if she's got the balls (figuratively) to approach me and take a chance.

4. LemacST

Gold Member

Good answers, NJ. Can you give me a scenario or two for that last answer? I understand it's all contextual, as you probably would want a guy to approach you differently if you were are at starbucks as opposed to say, a club.

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Whistles and hollering is for nothing but pigs, not respectable woman after a descent man will respond to that

I dont get approached by many men and when i do i usually feel very intimidated, so the more subtle he is the more relaxed i am and less inclined to think her is just a jerk after a fuck. How attractive i find him has no bearing on how i treat him, just what path i choose to take in accepting his attention or not.

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I don't like overly aggressive guys, I don't care how hot they are. Smile, wave, wink... that's about it. Don't holler or whistle, please. You just look like a dumbass. I prefer to be approached by a guy.

7. B_Veronica_Divine

B_Veronica_Divine New Member

Well the online me wants to say I check out the package and make my decision from there.

But in all honesty, I'm a shy, coy little thing in person, I usually might shoot a furtive glance his way or smile if I'm feeling really brave... but even then I'm kind of a wuss about these things.

There's a reason I talk so much out here in cyberspace...

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I prefer to do the approaching. Approaching me just makes me feel as if i have no control over a situation, and makes me likely to bolt at the first opportunity. A little encouragement from eye contact and smiles is all I need. If I'm interested enough, I'll come by eventually on my own.

However, if a man plans to approach me, I like him to just be a person. You know? Just say 'Hello' and be polite. Don't treat me like a sex object or flirt too agressively, or I'll get scared off, and look for an out.

9. volvo

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    New York City / Brooklyn NY & Washington DC
    Verified:
    Photo
    Awww. That's so precious. ;)

10. Patchos

Gold Member

There's nothing I love more than meeting new people -- women and men -- and I tend to have the same approach with both. Of course, with guys that I'm interested in, they very quickly understand that there's more than just a friendship budding.

Generally I will see or meet a guy I find attractive, and start interacting with them immediately. I treat people as though I've known them forever and that trust has already been built. That means I'll step into their personal space, hold their gaze when they are talking, smile, laugh and use small gestures of affection ie. gently touching their forearm or back of their shoulder, as the situation dictates. The conversation might be totally G-rated (usually is when you first meet someone) but my actions will tell the guy that I feel physically comfortable being close to him. I won't necessarily spend alot of time with him initially, but will always come back periodically with a broad smile and put myself in his personal space so he becomes used to it.

I think touch is one of the most important, most effective ways of expressing interest in someone. It needs to be very brief, and without any implications towards sex (initially). Women don't like being leered at and groped, but they might like a man placing his hand at the small of their back to steer them through a crowd, or, as they lean in during a conversation.

I don't get intimidated by overly aggressive men. I know it's just a front and I just match their confidence and call their bluff by going up to them. (Some get immediately embarrassed and turn shy and coy in front of their friends, lol)

The best thing a guy can do to catch my eye is smile... I love seeing people smile. :smile:

11. LemacST

Gold Member

Great answer Patchos

12. JennyS

JennyS New Member

I have a boyfriend, so I don't react. It's flattering though.

Sometimes I initiate a conversation with another guy, sometimes I let them. It just depends on the circumstances.

I hate aggressive / persistent guys. Self confident is one thing. Won't leave me the hell alone is something else altogether. I get increasingly pissed off / annoyed if they won't leave me be after I've asked them to.

I'd think he had the maturity of a 12 year old. It would make them less attractive to me.

A friendly nod and smile. I don't want any staring.

13. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I always find it flattering, I mean who doesn't like to know someone thinks they are attractive? If I find him attractive as well, I'll flirt a little with eye contact or gestures and definitely give him a smile...I expect him to approach me.

14. brendabos

brendabos New Member

I always like to respond with a wee smile and some good eye contact. I suppose its a little bit of flirting but hey what's the harm?

15. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I don't seem to get checked out all that often, but it occasionally happens. I about have to be knocked on the head with it before it even registers that he's checking me out! :eek: On the other hand, the whistling and hollering would probably turn me off, although I'd even find that flattering! (low self-esteem issues here - ANY attention is seen as flattering!)

Unfortunately, being shy, I'm sometimes seen as unapproachable. I'm really not - I'm just not good at starting conversations and am pretty bad at small talk unless you get me on a topic I'm particularly interested in (music is always a good one, also right now the job search is too, although I don't want to come across as an unemployed loser!) Best way to approach me is to smile, and just come up to me and start talking to me! And be respectful!

16. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    hard to believe women that look like you can be shy
    kinda refreshing
    if you don't mind me saying

17. tjjk

tjjk New Member

Albums:
    Well, That really depends. I have an enormous chest so people stare at me all the time. I'm not being conceited, its a fact. So most of the time I don't even notice a look or a stare. I only notice if he comes and talks to me, which is rare. A polite hello form him and an easy comment about the place we're in is the best approach. But a look is just a look, it means very little, to me.

18. alysen6

alysen6 Member

I usually just smile casually, and wait to see if he's going to do anything. I always like the guy to make the first move- shows that he's serious and he knows what he's doing. Helps too if he's got a bulge. :smile:

Aly

19. SereneBlue

SereneBlue New Member

I would try to get up the nerve to smile back. Mostly I just look at the ground or a wall. For some reason I have a hard time looking people in the eye. I've been trying to overcome that by looking at the bridge of their nose instead but I still find it hard.

20. Hugh G. Rection

When you catch a guy checking you out..

You should go SUCK that dick bitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted