When you get angry do you ever throw something or punch the wall?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Or have you ever?

I haven't.

2. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah, I have a really bad temper. I am not good with anger. I am not insane though.

3. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    Only once - after I failed my driving test for the second time.

Apparently it worked - on my third attempt I got a completely clean sheet, the first my driving instructor had ever seen.

4. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

yeah sometimes, either that or i look really calm on the outside and im struggling to breathe and have enormous stress levels on the inside. i know what one id prefer to do.

5. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always had a terrible temper. I have thrown things but I've not hit anything that I can remember.
    I learned when I started to drive truck, that everything will make you mad so you really have to bite your tongue and let things go or it will tear you up into little pieces or, the other driver may be a little bit bigger and carry a little bigger club!

6. StrictlyAvg

StrictlyAvg Member

Not often, but when that frustration tipping point comes it's like a release valve that lets me re-focus and get on with the job. Sometimes I won't come back to it 'til hours later or the next day.

7. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

My anger manifests itself verbally. I've never punched or hit (as an adult) another human being or inanimate object.

8. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I pushed someone out of my house once, closed and locked the door and told him not to come back. About six hours later the cops showed up with assault charges. It was dismissed, but I spent four hours being booked and fingerprinted at our local jail. It took me three years to realize that despite the supposed presumption of innocence until proven guilty in the U.S. legal system, that I still had to go through a fairly involved process to expunge the arrest record. I could have done the expungement earlier, but I figured dismissed means dismissed. I knew I was arrested, but I didn't know there was an arrest record requiring expungement until a potential employer brought it to my attention.

The lesson was if you want someone out of your house, call the cops yourself.

9. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

10. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

In extremely rare cases, yes. It's definitely not a habit. And it takes a LOT to get me angry enough to hit someone/something or throw anything. But it's happened. :redface:

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I had a horrible temper when I was younger, I learned to go to the gym to let off steam. These days it takes quite a bit for me to become really angry. I always ask myself "Is this going to matter a year from now?" If the answer is no I have learned to deal with the situation more constructively. If the answer is yes...I go play racquet ball ot tennis.

12. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

would explain why players grunt so much....

13. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Another really bad temper here. Never have thrown things or punched a wall though. I giggle when I see other people do that -- either on TV/movies or in real life. It's so silly.

On the other hand when pushed to the limit I have been known to say some extremely hurtful things whether it's someone I've known for years or a total stranger. I'm sure that's much worse karma-wise. I doubt anyone will burn in hell for punching a wall.

14. ricki876

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a retarted temper. I only get mad over little things, like someone eating my sammich.

I scream, kick, punch the wall and everything in between. Idk it's when I get mad I get this uncomfortably horrible feeling in my stomach and I do anything to get rid of it

15. ricki876

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh god I double posted.
    Crap !

16. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I have hit the wall on a few occassions but when there is no wall around i hit myself (i would'nt hit anyone else or damage property so i thump my own leg or slap my face, this does not happen often tho as i have a bottle-up temper)

17. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have often flipped people off and yelled out the window while driving, since then I have learned somehow to just cope. I guess being out of work for sometime has mellowed me out a bit. Now I'm the one driving slow and holding people up while they blow the horn at me and yell. Oh well....

18. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do have a tendancy to throw things, yes. The night my marriage ended I remember throwing my dinner all over my husband, plate and all. Looking back, I regret the loss of the dinner more than the loss of the marriage! haha

I have a really annoying habit of crying with rage, which then makes me angrier because I don't want whoever I'm raging at to think I'm upset.

On reflection, I have anger issues!

19. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

That's crazy :eek: You can't physically remove someone from your own house? Once it is expressed that they are not welcome, isn't it then trespassing? I've never heard of someone being arrested for forcing someone out of their own house :rolleyes:...Unless there is a little bit more to this story :confused: Did you punch, hit, or any way assault them (other than physically moving them)?

#19 Countryguy63, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  20. invisibleman

Gold Member

I am happy that I am not alone with anger issues. I think that because of my anger-- I respect people's anger as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted