When you get angry do you ever throw something or punch the wall?

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used to have a very bad temper (inherited from my Dad). I guess I still do, just control it better. Like mitch, I've hit inanimate objects, walls, doors, etc, when I was younger, but have since realized that damaged property (holes in walls, cracked doors, and broken fingers/knuckles when I hit a stud in the wall) just wasn't worth it.

**mitch, if you ever hurt when you hit yourself, can I come kiss the booboo??**:biggrin1:

QuiteOne

Sexy Member
Media
I don't get angry...period. I've never raised my voice at another human being and have never ever been in a fight.

I don't have time for anger... it's an awful emotion. I express my emotions in other productive ways.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't get angry...period. I've never raised my voice at another human being and have never ever been in a fight.

I don't have time for anger... it's an awful emotion. I express my emotions in other productive ways.

You are very lucky! Anger is an emotion that can come swiftly and cause actions, verbally or physical, that are not the best option. Can I come over and have you teach me how??:smile:

No??:mad::mad: Go#$%^&, Sonofa^&*(,...Don't you ever...#$%^.....

Ooops, see? :redface::redface::biggrin1:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
That's crazy :eek: You can't physically remove someone from your own house? Once it is expressed that they are not welcome, isn't it then trespassing? I've never heard of someone being arrested for forcing someone out of their own house :rolleyes:...Unless there is a little bit more to this story :confused: Did you punch, hit, or any way assault them (other than physically moving them)?
No. I didn't punch him or hit him--only used enough force to get him out the door [as he resisted]. Apparently there were some marks on his arm--what the cop said while we were writing out our statements. It was a housemate/roommate situation, so maybe that was the clinch that it was not [technically] my home?

The guy I removed was never a roommate, but a friend of a roommate. The guy who owns the house lives in the house and witnessed what I did. The solution was to get rid of the roommate, as he would not impose any manners on his friend. This went on for more than two years. I got used to it and the guy gradually began to feel more entitled. The guy would call the home phone several times a day and hang up, even though they both had cell phones. Or come over, even late at night when the roommate was asleep and want to wake him or use the computer or hang out. The guy never even ordered us a pizza or anything to thank us for letting him hang out.

After this happened, we got rid of the roommate. That got rid of the "friend." Problem solved. [There were three of us, now just two.] It was nice to split the home payment three ways, but just not worth the hassle of having this persistent ill mannered friend of a friend around.

He wanted to get back at me, and he did.

Last edited:

D_BobN_Weave

Experimental Member
Media
I have been known to blow a fuse every once in a while......and there has been some troubles of me breaking things.....I have broken my phone, car window, light switch, a nice gash in my closet wall.....just to name a few.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, I threw a pan on the floor once, and kicked a hole (accidentally) in the wall when arguing with my mother. And I threw my own cup against the wall when an unwelcomed houseguest returned after someone else threw him out. He was very drunk and irritating so I just lost it. I am still ashamed for this behaviour, but it is better than hitting someone.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
AS much as I hate to admit it, from time to time I loose it and punch something (usually a door frame, as the walls in my house are plaster and have been up for around 80 years). Unfortunately, my living arrangements suck. I have been living and taking care of one of my grandparents for the last 6 or 7 years. At first it was to be there for them in a physical manner (housework, yardwork, repairs, cooking, and first aid), but over the last year and a half alzheimer's has set in and their cognative abilities have drastically been reduced.

Unfortunately, their ablity to reason and understand has declined to an extent, its like dealing with a 3 year old. I can't reason with her any more, and she's so fucking stubborn its not even funny. THe house could be on fire, but until she sees it on fire...well I'm just lying.

So I have no way of communicating with her, and even raising my voice disturbs her to the point of tears, so I just have to suck it up and internalize my frustration. From time to time, the frustration climbs to the surface, and I have to have some sort of physical release, and I end up punching something. I'm not a violent person and have never violently or intentionally caused any type of physical pain on anyone, but sometimes I just have to have that physical release.

Sad thing is...If I'm really stressed out b/c of work or home life, when I sleep, I have dreams where I am releasing all of my anger on someone, and next thing I know I wake up to a sharp pain in my fist, then quickly fall right back to sleep. The next morning, I wake up and my hand is black and blue and for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell it happened.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I very rarely get angry, but when I do it's the whole shebang-- yelling hurtful things, throwing stuff (nothing ever valuable, usually picture frames and/or food) and tears of frustration (which as previously mentioned, just makes everything worse). I never punch things though, animate or inanimate.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you get angry do you ever throw something or punch the wall? Or have you ever? I haven't.
Not in recent memory.:confused: However, from the time I was quite young, I have been a door slammer. I have an NPD & OCD mother who really didn't allow angry or sad visages in her presence. Thus, I learned to internalize things like that. That's probably why I have anxiety issues today. :redface: :irked:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
During potentially serious situations I have the ability to stay cool, focused, and rational. Road raging driver? Doesn't affect me. Emotional, unprofessional co-worker causing a scene? Can handle it without exploding. Angry thug in my face? Can usually calm the situation without confrontation.

No, its the smaller stuff that occasionally causes me to go over the top and, rarely, hurl objects:

Petty politics, snide relatives, coy manipulation, ingratitude, double standards, subtle disrespect, passive-aggressive behavior, selective adherence to commonly accepted rules, etc.

hoosier05

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i punched a wall once when i was pissed cuz i was goin on 48 hours without sleep and my mom was drunk and wouldnt let me sleep

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
However, from the time I was quite young, I have been a door slammer.

Oh, boy. One time I slammed a door really hard but it was soooo ineffective because the door I tried to slam was one that was swollen due to humidity. Boy. It sounded so pathetic in sound and looked in effort. Some of my relatives laughed at me. Which made me angrier, so I threw a flip-flop sandal at one of my relatives which landed in my sheet cake on the table. They all laughed at me then.

God has a sense of humor.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always go to my room and fall asleep. LOL. I get mad and tired all at once so most of the time I sleep it off.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I get madder at hoses and cords [getting caught and wrapping themselves around things and knocking them over] than I ever do people. The vacuum cleaner is not my favorite beast.