When you get "dressed up"...

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I rarely get dressed up. I think it comes from years of being in the horse business. For me, starched jeans and a pressed shirt were considered dressed up, lol. I've never been totally comfortable in a dress so I only wear them when the occasion calls for it. I never learned how to put on makeup so mascara and lip gloss are the extent of my cosmetic bag. I spend the most time on my hair if I'm going out but even that doesn't take long. I can be ready to go somewhere in 30-40 minutes depending on if my hair is cooperating. I wear the same jewelry all the time so that makes it easy as far as that goes. Do I enjoy the process...not so much. I think I was adopted because my mom and sister are the complete opposite, lol.

My current fwb did talk me into buying lingerie which was a huge step for me. 50 years old and buying my first sexy undergarments was a real fun experience, lol.

Last edited:

What are the motives?
Usually for myself, because I feel like it. I do take into account what is practical and what is "reasonable" if I'm going to an event/etc. On occasion I dress up with Rem in mind. Mostly it's for me.

How far do you go?
I have a fair few dresses and skirts, some of which look better with a petticoat, which I do own. Hair is always simple, because I never invested time I to learning how to do anything beyond basic shit. Earrings. Makeup. Make up is often done just for me. Sometimes because my skin is being an ass and especially angry. Eye shadow, eye liner, lipstick, BB cream, translucent powder, and brows is if I'm doing everything. Eye liner and lipstick or just lipstick otherwise. Makeup isn't a daily thing for me or even close to it. I have my nails painted 99% of the time, even if it's just a couple layers of clear coat. Other times I've done French tips or glittery stuff, or simple nail art.

Do you enjoy the process?
Yes :) I was a tomboy when I was younger, climbing trees, poking at ant hills, hated the color pink and all things girly, etc. Partially due to liking those things, but being especially resistant to feminine things because it made boys act stupid. Gross over generalization, but still. I also felt like people took my nerdy interests less seriously/didn't believe me if I was more femme. I also didn't have anyone to teach me hair or makeup when younger either, so I just didn't care much. As I got a bit older, I embraced my gender fluidity/gender queerness and presented as male sometimes. It pleased me when I was presenting as male and got addressed by male pronouns... As the years go by, I've become more and more comfortable with myself. I don't care if some idiot srranger thinks I'm shallow, or trying to catch a man, or that I'm not really into video games, whatever when I dress as I please and wear make up occasionally.

Now I enjoy femme clothing quite often, and I think doing my makeup is a fun and creative thing. Some days I need a little confidence boost since I deal with annoying adult acne. Sometimes I just feel like wearing some bright ass lipstick, or an especially fabulous dress. So I do.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
What are the motives?
To up my game attention-wise. It's to get my sweetie's attention, and if he gets some of those "lucky bastard" looks, all the better.
I do dress appropriately, in general.

How far do you go?
Depends on venue. Am I going to his place/he's coming here? i will break out the corset under some clothes that can hide it well.
Are we at a bar or club and he's performing? I dress to dance and enchant. But, it's Colorado, and we are casual people. I do wear dresses, but no heels. (Splat)

Do you enjoy the process?
Yes. But I don't do what I don't enjoy. No shaving everything, no dressing in highly uncomfortable clothing, etc.
I really enjoy the anticipation of his reactions.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love it because it makes me feel good about myself! I dress more formally that most ppl generally just because I look to nice and feel nice. It’s also nice to get positive attention from ppl.

I don’t really enjoy the process of getting ready tbh cos it takes awhile and I get anxious about how I’ll look after lol.

How far I go depends on what I’m doing and how much money I have lol. But since I can’t play sport now I always have my nails done, I make sure to get my eyebrows threaded every few weeks, I get my hair cut exactly every 6 weeks. My hair isn’t very long so I wouldn’t bother going to the hairdresser to get my hair done before an event. I don’t generally trust most makeup artists to not make me look like an overdone hooker either, but I’d consider getting my makeup done by a professional. I have a different makeup routine if I’m getting dressed up too

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dress formally for work every day and often enjoy evenings out. Rarely use make-up - usually just lipgloss. Have been blessed with fairly nice skin, so only uses some lotion after my morning swim.

I've always done it - as far back as I remember. Knowing that I look my best just makes looks unimportant - makes me feel at ease. I might get positive attention sometimes but rather that than the opposite.

Don't find the process hard or time-consuming - it's just drying my hair, put on lotion, do the lips, jump in the clothes and I'm off.

sweetlucky12

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have a love-hate relationship with dressing up. I love it or hate it depending on the event I’m doing it for. If it is a work function or something that isn’t fun to me I find it annoying but if it is a fun event I’m excited about I love it!

I don’t go all out as much anymore, but I will still from time to time really do it up. We recently went to a wedding and it was a ton of fun to do my hair really nice and go a little heavier in the make up than usual.

I’m with Fade on the stockings/garters thing too. I feel like that can really add to it. I kind of like the retro stuff anyway and I hate pantyhose so if I need something like that it is always thigh highs for me. Hubby doesn’t object to that either.

If I’m in the right frame of mind I totally enjoy the process. I can take a hell of a long time getting it done, but I enjoy that. I just have to remember to start earlier than I think is necessary so we aren’t late.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I love it because it makes me feel good about myself! I dress more formally that most ppl generally just because I look to nice and feel nice. It’s also nice to get positive attention from ppl.

I don’t really enjoy the process of getting ready tbh cos it takes awhile and I get anxious about how I’ll look after lol.

How far I go depends on what I’m doing and how much money I have lol. But since I can’t play sport now I always have my nails done, I make sure to get my eyebrows threaded every few weeks, I get my hair cut exactly every 6 weeks. My hair isn’t very long so I wouldn’t bother going to the hairdresser to get my hair done before an event. I don’t generally trust most makeup artists to not make me look like an overdone hooker either, but I’d consider getting my makeup done by a professional. I have a different makeup routine if I’m getting dressed up too

If you went to a pro makeup artist, they might tell the church!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Nice, lengthy replies so far. Sweet :D

When I get fancy it's usually just for shits n giggles. I don't socialize much and at work I have to wear a boring ass inform. It's a really busy, high paced place too so having a full-glam face on is less than convenient. It gets hot!

If I had the kind of job I could wear a full face every day, I would. Full on, instaglam rainbow face. Funny tho, because I don't give two shits about clothes/outfits.:confused: I just sport a T and jeans most days. I only wear formal stuff when my loved ones would be embarrassed if I didn't. Basically, funerals. That's sad :(

I enjoy putting my face on, makeup makes me happy for whatever reason... But doing my hair is the worst part of my morning. I just can't do cute stuff with it. I have no idea how some ladies I see get their locks to go all up in all those pretty, intricate ways. I've tried so hard to learn but I just can't do it. I usually just leave it down. Boring.

All in all, I have to say. I don't do my face for ANYONE but me. It's literally 100% for my own satisfaction. Sometimes my man doesn't even like my color scheme and I just tell him "too bad, I fuckin live for this look!"

I gotta throw him a bone once in awhile and do it how he likes tho. Just to show him I want to be beautiful for him.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well... What for what am I dressing?

Am I going out with my friends, or my fella? Who is going to be there? Strangers? His mother? My elderly cousins? Occupational contacts of mine, or of someone in my group?

Hair is easy. I wear wigs. Whatever isn't shedding, won't tangle, is clean, and already styled. Basically, whichever is in the absolute best condition is the winner, and I will build my outfit and makeup around that.

Shoes are easy too. Whatever doesn't clash with my hair, doesn't need to be polished or mended, and has the most appropriate heel for how tired I am, how much dancing and walking are involved, etc.

I wear beautiful underpinnings daily, but I'm probably going to add a coordinating garter belt or garters, and stockings. I might wear tights. I won't wear pantyhose.

An earring in every piercing. Long necklace if my chest is covered, choker if I'm showing some skin.

Unless it is a formal occasion, I like to wear something short. My small, round booty and pretty legs are dope. If I'm showing a lot of leg, I'll cover my chest and arms.

I'm capable of going out with moisturizer, a little concealer, some blush and bronzer, and some eyeliner and mascara. Super shiny, clear lip gloss. Or, I can use ALL THE PRODUCTS!!!! Moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, blush, highlighter bronzer, eyebrow liner, up to five shades of eye shadow, fiber mascara, contour, pressed powder, lip liner, three shades of lipstick, and setting spray. I can also do some kind of compromise in between. Typically, if it's just a dude and I, I'll do really bold eyes and a natural lip. You know. For smooching.

Also, if it's a date, I'll choose fabrics that are nice to touch.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some days I have to wear a business suit. And other days I'm in a t-shirt and work boots.

So, when I dress up it's to go all out! I do it for me, but I especially do it for him. I have a little black dress with a severe plunging neckline. The first time he saw it he said "Wow, that's a lot of cleavage!" I asked him if it was too much, and he said no, he loves it. He said it was kind of like a sign to other guys that "I put my nose right in there." He's awful.

I work out a lot to keep my shape. So I don't mind showing it off. It makes me feel good when I look good. Plus, it's who I am.

I'm not sure what you mean by "How far do I go?"

Let's just say my LBD does not leave a lot to the imagination. This is one of the first times in my life I can go braless and not feel so completely self conscious. I mean, I still get a little antsy about it, but I'm much better than before. And of course, I can't have panty lines, so I guess that's pretty far!

I love the process. Actually, it's more of a ritual. I wear so little makeup during the day, so I spend a little extra effort if we're making an evening of it. And no, I do not contour! LOL! I don't use that much makeup!

The weird thing though, is that I do get self conscious if he's in the bathroom while I'm putting on makeup because he watches. So I usually grab a towel or something. Silly, right, because everything will probably come off later.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@EllieP.. when I ask how far you go I just mean how many steps do you take? Do you go full glam, plastic face and fully dressed to impress? Or just a little something special that isn't too far from the norm... Not a lot of makeup etc..

Reactions: AlteredEgo

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@EllieP.. when I ask how far you go I just mean how many steps do you take? Do you go full glam, plastic face and fully dressed to impress? Or just a little something special that isn't too far from the norm... Not a lot of makeup etc..

No plastic face! I spend most of my time on my eyes, and of course, lips. Sometimes a foundation, but that's only if I've been working outside that day.

But I do dress up quite a bit! I love doing that. I have a few different dresses that I wear, depending on where we're going.

As for shoes, well, I have a spreadsheet to figure that out. Too many variables to consider to do it in my head. ;)

D

deleted924715

I only get really dressed up on special occasions now. BUT I am always made up. Always. So I think that adds a little polish even if I'm not dressed up. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

That's probably the difference - I love make up and I love applying it but I'm not that arsed about fashion anymore I just want to be comfy. Leggings and uggs... sorry not sorry. I now have 'dressy' uggs. I know, I know basic as fuck. But I don't care.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I only get really dressed up on special occasions now. BUT I am always made up. Always. So I think that adds a little polish even if I'm not dressed up. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

That's probably the difference - I love make up and I love applying it but I'm not that arsed about fashion anymore I just want to be comfy. Leggings and uggs... sorry not sorry. I now have 'dressy' uggs. I know, I know basic as fuck. But I don't care.

In the least creepy way possible... I'm so curious as to what you look like. It adds a dash of extra sexy that I really have no idea tho :oops::D

#internetcrush ;)

D

deleted924715

In the least creepy way possible... I'm so curious as to what you look like. It adds a dash of extra sexy that I really have no idea tho :oops::D

#internetcrush ;)

Bwahahaha - Jeffrey Star in uggs!

Just kidding. Sorta. Girl next door nowadays - will give someone a lift in my pjs... but not without my face on :p