When your best isn't good enough...

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Getting there, always a bit of a bitter pill but slowly, as one gets older, our limitations become apparent. Accepting them is never nice but often necessary.

I think it's just part of growing up.

Yeh, what can you do?

Also, I've realised that sometimes our worst will suffice. ;) hehehe

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you come to terms with your limitations in life?

I was raised to see possibilities instead of limitations however sometimes that can become a liability if you refuse to accept reality. The first time in my life I was forced to deal with my best not being good enough was when I was training for the US Olympic Ski Team and did not make it. I knew I was good enough and had to make a painful decision to continue to train and compete for the next olympics or move on with my life. I've never had any regret with my decision and have always faced all of life's challenges with the philosophy of "Do the best that you possibly can... no on can expect any more and you can't accept anything less."
Earl I don't know exactly what your point was for this thread or the details (if any) of your own experiences because this is a very broad topic; but with all of my abilities and limitations I have not been hurt or lived a happy life because of them or in spite of them so I have no regrets.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find this an odd thread from Earl when before JasonEls died he wanted to meet you and you couldn't even bother. Was there a weird limitation in yr life given tour relationship w/Jason? Humpffff.