When Your Dog Discovers the Mirrori

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL your dog is so cute! I love it's ears :) It reminds me of a deer. My dog doesn't pay attention to the mirror but if I put on music with bagpipes in it she groans this high pitched noise that sounds almost like the bagpipes!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOL your dog is so cute! I love it's ears :) It reminds me of a deer. My dog doesn't pay attention to the mirror but if I put on music with bagpipes in it she groans this high pitched noise that sounds almost like the bagpipes!

Funny you mentioned his ears because I missed the first part where he was sitting looking in the mirror calmly raising and lowering his ears from left to right and staring at himself. THAT actually was the funniest part. My friend caqlls my dog the Art Deco Fawn. I got @ 400 hits on YouTube so far and tons of emails telling me to send this to America's Funniet Home Videos tv show. I wen ton their site and uploaded it but damn there are 17 pages ...yes 17 pages of releases and conditions you have to sign and send in after submitting a video. Cuh-razy baby. I did however get tons of nice emails and messages from people around the world that either do or don't have IG's telling me they thot the video was funny which I had hoped it was. I love my baby!.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When my dog was a few months old, he definitely noticed himself in the mirror and he was curious until he looked behind it. As soon as he realized there was no dog behind the mirror, he has never looked into that mirror again. He just walked away from it and whenever he passes it now, which is about 60 times a day, he doesn't even turn his head in that direction. That's the part I think is weird, not that he recognized the image of a dog, but that he never looked into the mirror again after realizing that it was just an image.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think animals take any interest in their physical appearance.

They'll go through the freak out the first time they see themselves in one, likely thinking it's another animal on their turf to play with or fight, but once they understand it's just a reflection of themselves they lose interest.

My last cat, Asia, never bothered looking at herself in the mirror but if I held her in front of one she would make eye contact with me in the reflection. She would also do this when I'd be using a hall mirror to watch her if I was hiding around a corner waiting to spook her. Rarely worked. More often than not I'd just get a look from her that said, "Give it a rest".