When your new date drives up in a beat-up Hyundai...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Assume this is a blind date or you just briefly met a guy who's asked you out.

How quick are you to start passing judgement before he gets out of his car and greets you? How quick do you start formulating scenarios of what kind of person he is by what kind of car he drives?

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
It's never happened to me, I'd like to think I wouldn't judge a man by his ride, but I've only ever dated men who either had no car/did not drive or who drove nice cars.

B_blueonblue1964

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never judge a man by his material possessions {or lack there of}. I prefer personality and morals. If he doesn't cheat, lie or steal {or use drugs}, I'm willing to give him a chance. As far as I'm concerned, a car is just something that gets you from point A to point B...Having said that, I do own a new Altima and a new 4x4 pickup. AND, I'M FUCKING SINGLE!:frown1:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
as long as he's cleaned the inside.
asking me, in my pretty dress, to sit on dirty seats?
well that's just rude!

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never judge a man by his material possessions {or lack there of}. I prefer personality and morals. If he doesn't cheat, lie or steal {or use drugs}, I'm willing to give him a chance. As far as I'm concerned, a car is just something that gets you from point A to point B...Having said that, I do own a new Altima and a new 4x4 pickup. AND, I'M FUCKING SINGLE!:frown1:

Thank you ! I knew I couldnt be the only one who had this point of view. I drive an older Lincoln ( in very very nice shape, but older, nonetheless ) and am terribly single. Material posessions that a potential date may or may not have mean nothing to me. Its the person INSIDE that raggedy car that is most important. I had a date with one guy whom I met at a party once.. he drove a new Mercedes, and at first meeting, seemed like a really nice, attractive guy. We met at a restaurant, and he turned into a TOTAL dick. Treated the waiter badly, sent his dinner back twice, etc.. I asked the waiter for the bill, because I'd had enough. My date said, in front of the waiter, " give me the bill, I make more money than he does" as he looked at me... I looked at the waiter and said " give ME the bill, I will tip you !"... the waiter handed me the bill and said " and we have a winner !" So, I dont care if someone relies on riding a bus... if I'm attracted to them, thats ll that matters.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeah, I wouldn't judge someone for that. It's just a car, and it's only meant to get you from point A to point B. Now if he came up to me, and his breath smelled like ass on a hot summer's a day, then he'd get an altoid and the front door in his face. That you just can't excuse.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get the feeling that we all like to think we're unbiased and never judge a person by his material showings but the reality is the ugly rich guys always seem to have the pretty girls and boys hanging off their arm. Donald Trump for one. Giannani Versace for two.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
for true? i can understand driving a beater. i'd be harsher on a dude pulling up in a status-ride.

would back out of the date if he showed up in some monstrous gas-eater.

eta: just a different flavor of hang-up, being judgmental.

Last edited:

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I get the feeling that we all like to think we're unbiased and never judge a person by his material showings but the reality is the ugly rich guys always seem to have the pretty girls and boys hanging off their arm. Donald Trump for one. Giannani Versace for two.

That is true. But everyone has a price. Those are the cases when it's not about the true love of people, but the true love of money. Anna Nicole Smith for example. I didn't necessarily agree with that relationship, BUT I UNDERSTAND!

B_blueonblue1964

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I mean, as long as he works and makes an honest living, we're good. Doesn't matter if he's a CEO or a waiter. All jobs are equally important. At least work. BUT, personality is important....OH, A SENSE OF HUMOR IS EXTREMELY SEXY! As is confidence.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To be honest it does not matter what kind of car someone drives as like others have said it is just to get you from point A to point B. Some people prefer to drive used or older cars because they don't want to pay outrageous amounts of money for a "status" symbol to simply drive around in. I have known many people who do exactly that but have more money then they know what to do with it.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey I drive a beat-up Hyundai!! Hyundais are solid cars. And mine has the leather seats and all the trimmings, even if it's got dents. In this neighborhood, if it doesn't have dents it gets stolen, and that would be worse.

My car gets used for my projects. It has a well-worn bike rack, emergency supplies, and a dream-catcher to keep my focus on the driving. The scuffs are from hauling furniture and recycling. And if the bomb goes off it will sleep two plus all the pets.

Go ahead and judge me on my ride, get it over with.

Reactions: GranadaGhia

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you remember the movie 'roadhouse', every time Patrick Swayze came to a town, he would store his Mercedes and buy a beat up clunker. The women did not seem to complain.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey I drive a beat-up Hyundai!! and a dream-catcher to keep my focus on the driving.

Did you know that driving while sleepy causes more accidents and is more debilitating than alcohol? I'd trade that dream catcher for a radar detector.

I learned that at the comedy free pizza traffic school last year from the part time woman/comedian parole officer who was the instructor while eating cheap Dominos pepperoni pizza.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Did you know that driving while sleepy causes more accidents and is more debilitating than alcohol? I'd trade that dream catcher for a radar detector.

I learned that at the comedy free pizza traffic school last year from the part time woman/comedian parole officer who was the instructor while eating cheap Dominos pepperoni pizza.
:wink: That reminds me of a billboard from the 80s--

'Get your Schaak-buster at Fuzz's Electronics'

It is a little known fact that dream-catchers also work on day-dreams.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well assuming he had a great personality and we had a ton in common and it was at least clean on the inside...I would try my best not to judge. I will admit if it was a beat up VW i'd be a little happier... Yes, I'm a car snob...sigh, can't help it. My biggest character flaw I guess. Though ironically materialistic I am not. It's just that for me nothing beats being behind the wheel of a perfect handling car and being born in Germany...I think it's in my blood. Audi baby!!! :notworthy:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well assuming he had a great personality and we had a ton in common and it was at least clean on the inside...I would try my best not to judge. I will admit if it was a beat up VW i'd be a little happier... Yes, I'm a car snob...sigh, can't help it. My biggest character flaw I guess. Though ironically materialistic I am not. It's just that for me nothing beats being behind the wheel of a perfect handling car and being born in Germany...I think it's in my blood. Audi baby!!! :notworthy:

Fahrvergnügen baby! Fahrvergnügen. Like riding the stick shift.