Where are all the baseball purists now?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Roger Clemens claiming he was injected with VITAMIN b-12??? That is like injecting yourself with a multivitamin. It is borderline hilarious and he is making an ass out of himself. I know there were a lot of Bonds haters on here claiming he disrespected the game and yadda yadda so what about your boy roger now?
I have highlighted the important part above. Roger has indicated that he was injected. He at no point claims to have taken steroids or other drugs himself. This leaves him in the clear! He can continue along saying that he was injected with vitamins because he can then say that's what Brian McNamee told him it was. How does one really prove this if there is no videotape of McNamee plunging the needle into Clemens's ass? Clemens can claim that he thought it was just vitamins and that McNamee never told him the terrible truth (while Rogers testicles became smaller and smaller and his neck became bigger and bigger-Roger may be based down towards Houston and all; but, he clearly ain't no rocket scientist-or is he?).

So, at the end of the day, even though former teammate Andy Pettite admits that they were drugs that went against baseball rules of today, Clemens can say that he knew nothing about the true nature of the injections. Of course Clemens has never been known for honesty- I take all of you back a few years to his first retirement. The one that he had after a sorry season with the Yankees. He did not go into contract negotiations with the Yankees because he was retiring from playing baseball. Soon after he signed with Houston. He played the retirement game a few more times after that and eventually became successful at not having to play a full season, even though he was paid 5 to 10 times more than the full season players. So Roger is a lazy man on the field and a liar off the field- let's all act surprised. It's fairly obvious that he was shot up several times with steroids and anything else that would make him more powerful; but, at the end of the day, without doccumented proof there is no actual proof which can be used against him.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The whole thing is a joke. It is reminding me of the McCarthy Hearings of the 50s. I like the game, but detest the games behind the game. If they did it, punish them. Charlie Hustle needs to be in the Hall of Fame, end of. I don't hear the steroid users being stripped of their titles and accolades.

C'mon Selig! You gonna grow a pair and level punishment equivalent to the crime or you gonna keep being a pussy and persecute Pete Rose when what he did was no more or less "offensive" to the sport than what these guys did.

This will all get washed over in the interests of lining the pockets of the owners. They don't want another scandal.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is their personal life. Their bodies, their choice to do with them as they see fit. Imo, parents should be their kids role models. Or at the very least inform the children that no perfect person exists in this world and the children should make choices to their benefit. This extends to not doing 'roids because Big Mac looked cool hitting homers, nor do acid because psychedelic music touts it as being mind expanding, nor go to a club and feel a need to try E, nor smoke because someone blew a cool smoke ring.

Baseball is just one more thing everyone will have to demystify and bring the humans who play it back into the realm of fallible creatures... where we all reside.

Unfortunately alot of parents don't parent their children and the children look other places for role models, baseball players are some of those role models, the players should be fired and banned from the game for juicing, its cheating, these kids who do look for role models in the players hear that players juice and thats what they are going to do, causing them extreme health problems in the long run. Just my opinion, Im not the commissioner, lol

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Fuck the nanny state.

As much as it costs to go to a pro sports event and as much money as the athletes make, I want them to enhance. I want to see the biggest, baddest, strongest, fastest sonofabitches possible. They should be free to choose.

There's no law against commercial Alaskan crab fishing.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck the nanny state.

As much as it costs to go to a pro sports event and as much money as the athletes make, I want them to enhance. I want to see the biggest, baddest, strongest, fastest sonofabitches possible. They should be free to choose.

There's no law against commercial Alaskan crab fishing.

When crabs cause your children to get cancer you can make that comparison :biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What if every single baseball player took steroids or was free to take them? Wouldn't that level the playing field? Isn't that what is happening anyways? Wouldn't it be a lot easier than policing this unenforceable policy?

It would be just like bodybuilding where it is just expected that you take steroids to be a contender.

What would be wrong with fucking up your body to gain glory if everyone is allowed to do it in the league?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have the same opinion of all the cheaters. I don't have anymore against Bonds than I do the others. I also don't think it's fair to single Bonds out for Federal charges either. All involved should be charged, or none. They are all cheaters, and that's that.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
clemens looked like he was lying through his skin tonight on 60 minutes. Blinking a lot, blushing, looking down towards the ground and away from the interviewer, all signs of someone not telling the truth. He's beat.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe someone will remember the details of this, but I don't recall baseball instituting drug testing until fairly recently. As I recall, the Players Union repeatedly opposed drug testing during their labor negotiations with management. I'm willing to wager that Clemens (and many, many others, many of whom are still unknown to us) took steroids during the time when they could do so without fear of being tested and exposed for doing so. Given baseball's lack of backbone for many years over this issue, how can anyone look back and blame the players for looking for a competitive edge when it almost seemed management tacitly approved of it?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Maybe someone will remember the details of this, but I don't recall baseball instituting drug testing until fairly recently. As I recall, the Players Union repeatedly opposed drug testing during their labor negotiations with management. I'm willing to wager that Clemens (and many, many others, many of whom are still unknown to us) took steroids during the time when they could do so without fear of being tested and exposed for doing so. Given baseball's lack of backbone for many years over this issue, how can anyone look back and blame the players for looking for a competitive edge when it almost seemed management tacitly approved of it?

Not without seeming hypocritical. Which seldom stops people from looking back and blaming people for doing things that were accepted then, but not accepted now. Everybody loved the home run race between McGwire and Sosa, back then.

I don't envy the players who are now trying to pretend they didn't break a rule that didn't exist back when they broke it. :cool:

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Its not in their personal lives its on the field where kids can see it.

Newsflash: steriods and HGH in pro sports is nothing new. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the NFL. You can take all the crap in the world but with out the hard work they will be of no value.

As for cheating how is it fair for someone who has natural genetics to be stronger, biger and faster than someone else and call that a level playing field? All men are not created equal.

These are professional atheletes. This is how they make a living and have dedicated their entire existance to being the best they can be. If the general public can legaly be prescribed testosterone or HGH to bring levels back to a normal range then why should professional athletes be excluded? You work your entire life to achive a certain level of size strength athleticism etc and just as you hit your peak you body stops producing the natural hormones that made it possible for you to atain that. I see nothing wrong with wanting to keep what you've busted your ass to get.

If your concerned about the kids than you should be more concerned about the police officers that are constantly being caught using.

Finally, fans are facinated by superstar performance that is inconceivable. They want to see the best and expect to be wowed. Professional athletes provide that entertainment. That's all it is. Remeber... it's just a game.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Newsflash: steriods and HGH in pro sports is nothing new. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the NFL. You can take all the crap in the world but with out the hard work they will be of no value.

As for cheating how is it fair for someone who has natural genetics to be stronger, biger and faster than someone else and call that a level playing field? All men are not created equal.

These are professional atheletes. This is how they make a living and have dedicated their entire existance to being the best they can be. If the general public can legaly be prescribed testosterone or HGH to bring levels back to a normal range then why should professional athletes be excluded? You work your entire life to achive a certain level of size strength athleticism etc and just as you hit your peak you body stops producing the natural hormones that made it possible for you to atain that. I see nothing wrong with wanting to keep what you've busted your ass to get.

If your concerned about the kids than you should be more concerned about the police officers that are constantly being caught using.

Finally, fans are facinated by superstar performance that is inconceivable. They want to see the best and expect to be wowed. Professional athletes provide that entertainment. That's all it is. Remeber... it's just a game.

Most certainly, in the greedy pursuit of power and money, all things should be allowed. All children should be taught this...

Experimental Member
Media
Most certainly, in the greedy pursuit of power and money, all things should be allowed. All children should be taught this...

It has nothing to do with power and money. It has to do with sacrificing to be the best. Yeah we need more people to learn that. Too many lazy lard asses in this world. Big Mac's kill more people than steroids.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It has nothing to do with power and money. It has to do with sacrificing to be the best. Yeah we need more people to learn that. Too many lazy lard asses in this world. Big Mac's kill more people than steroids.

Bull shit too! All professional sports are is an assembly of greedy people.
Like most every other money making venture in our modern society.
The players are greedy, and so are the owners. Rich spoiled brats all...

Are you a physiologist? If not, how do you know the effects of steroids vs Big
Mac's?

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So, since a person is "prescribed" testosterone for a medical condition its okay for an athelete to get it illegally?

Experimental Member
Media
So, since a person is "prescribed" testosterone for a medical condition its okay for an athelete to get it illegally?

Everyone's testosterone levels decline with age. generally around age 35. Anyone whose levels have been tested and are low can get a prescription. Same goes for HGH. According to MLB even with a prescription it would still be illegal. Is that fair?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would think big macs have killed more people than steroids, at least indirectly. People that choose to use steroids are pretty health conscience and diet well and workout etc, whereas people who tend to eat big macs are probably obese or unhealthy to some degree. Its not the big mac itself, but the overall health quality and eating habits of the big mac user. If used in moderation steroids provide many beneficial effects, whereas big macs do the complete opposite.

I also believe HGH is the fountain of youth, and that it replaces vital hormones lost with age and in turn can prevent the aging process. It gets a bad rep but as time goes on you will see more doctors prescribing it at "anti-aging clinics" to males in their 30s. Look at jose canseco, he still looks like he did at 29.

Experimental Member
Media
Bull shit too! All professional sports are is an assembly of greedy people.
Like most every other money making venture in our modern society.
The players are greedy, and so are the owners. Rich spoiled brats all...

Are you a physiologist? If not, how do you know the effects of steroids vs Big
Mac's?

I don't know, I guess I read. it's amazing what you can learn. I don't see any news articles talking about steroid use jeapordizing health to epidemic proportions. Obesity yes.
In fact if used properly testosterone and HGH are quite safe.