Where are all the baseball purists now?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Watch Clemens squirm the more the spotlight focuses on him.

Actually, I was wrong about Clemens squirming. Or, at least outwardly.

Instead, following the advice of his media handlers, Clemens is coming out swinging in the media (like all the best liars do) with denials, deflections, counter-accusations, and even assuming a bit of a victim posture.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know, I guess I read. it's amazing what you can learn. I don't see any news articles talking about steroid use jeapordizing health to epidemic proportions. Obesity yes.
In fact if used properly testosterone and HGH are quite safe.

If epidemic proportions of people were using steroids you might.
Why do doctors say they aren't safe? They could makes millions selling them to the general public.

Tell the college guy who was in the newspaper here a couple years ago. He nearly killed himself with steroids. Why? He was lazy. He could use that stuff and not have to work at being in shape nearly as hard. He could party and breeze through on his sports scholarship. He did admit that he was doing just that. Ask the parents of one of my uncle's music students. He decided he didn't want to be 125lb weakling anymore. He did succeed in not being that...for a while. I'm not a doctor, but doctors at the University of Virginia Medical Center say that steroids caused his death.

So, just keep on using the steroids, and HGH. When you live forever be sure and send me word that you have...

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unfortunately alot of parents don't parent their children and the children look other places for role models, baseball players are some of those role models, the players should be fired and banned from the game for juicing, its cheating, these kids who do look for role models in the players hear that players juice and thats what they are going to do, causing them extreme health problems in the long run. Just my opinion, Im not the commissioner, lol
If there is an inability for someone to parent their child, steroids will be the least of their issues.

I think it is important to acknowledge personal choice and allow people to use their bodies as they see fit and be accountable for the results of their actions. If some are concerned about children, teach them to stay away from these potentially harmful drugs as you would any other. If a parent can teach their kid to stay away from heroin, why are steroids and hgh any different?

Most of these players who have been named for using steroids, hgh, or other enhancement drugs did so before there was policy in place. Why should they be banned for prior behavior? Should all players in the hall be removed for prior bad acts?

Because I am sure a gang of them from the 50s forward would be out for cocaine, weed, and speed alone.

Bull shit too! All professional sports are is an assembly of greedy people.
Like most every other money making venture in our modern society.
The players are greedy, and so are the owners. Rich spoiled brats all...

Are you a physiologist? If not, how do you know the effects of steroids vs Big
Mac's?
Whatever the reason someone uses steroids, it must be noted that drugs do not and never will create natural or learned athletic talent and abilities. The reasons for using them vary, power or profit may be the reason for some, but many average people have used steroids for decades to achieve a lean, cut look they could not produce without an extra boost.

If all of these guys who were reported to do so took steroids or hgh, and assuming that they offer greatly enhanced abilities, how is it not one came close to matching Ted Williams, Nolan Ryan, or Warren Spahn? The answer is because steroids and hgh are innocuous. They can enhance someone's training, their recovery, or even provide a medical benefit to those who truly need them, but they will not lead those who otherwise lack significant talent to a cy young or gold glove.

It is time to end the witch hunts and allow the policies and testing do their work. If someone tests positive, they will be subject to the rules and regulations now in place. Otherwise, it is useless hearsay, conjecture, and circle-jerking that rules the finger pointing. Particularly when done so to retired players, especially those we all refused to aggressively question about steroids when they clearly looked to be on them, like mark mcgwire, or they had a typical steroid injury.