Where did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other?

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We met during Pledge Week our Freshman year......wasn't until four years later we knew that it was meant to be. Been together ever since.

lgej

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spring 1963, freshman year of high school. A family moved in two doors down with an oldest daughter also a freshman. I was at a seminary HS and she was in public school. It took about two years (I did leave the seminary HS), but we started dating between junior and senior year of HS. Dated all through college. No other serious relationship for either of us. Got married in 1970, had four great kids, have five perfect grandkids and she's still the love of my life. The sex is still astronomical and she's still (and always will be) my best friend. I consider myself the luckiest guy on the face of the earth.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Coffeeshop.

I arrived at the coffeeshop with my friend and we both sat down at a big table that had 12-15 friends sitting around it. I was sitting next to my boyfriend, but he was deeply involved in a conversation on the right side of the table and I was talking about books with my friend who was sitting on my left. TheBF was the only one at the table I didn't know and he was sitting across from me. One of my other friends brought him along, and boy was he cute! Those gorgeous eyes! He made an intelligent remark about one of the authors we were talking about and my friend immediately engaged him in a conversation about it. She was single and no fool! She recognized an opportunity when it presented itself. Since I was not single and I was actually sitting next to my boyfriend, I sat back and began reading my book and watched what I assumed was a hookup between my friend and this hot guy, while my boyfriend appeared to be totally oblivious to everything on the left side of the table. Whatever they were talking about, he was deeply involved in that conversation. I noticed that TheBF kept trying to engage me in the conversation, too, but he was so charming and friendly that I assumed that he was just trying to be polite and include me since now I was wedged in between a conversation on my left and another one on the right, but I stubbornly but politely ignored his efforts to include me since my friend seemed to be doing a fine job of sustaining an engrossing conversation on her own with him and she was so obviously interested in him.

Eventually my friend had to leave and my boyfriend left with the people he was engaged in a conversation with on the right side of the table, leaving about 7 about us behind. Since TheBF had been trying for a few hours to include me in conversation and since my friend who had been talking to him that entire time was now gone, I put down my book, sat up in my chair and began talking to him. I was so attracted to him. Every single time he looked into my eyes I wanted to kiss him. We talked for hours, with the other people at the table, of course.

At the end of the night he asked me for my phone number so he could take me out to dinner. I told him that I would love to give him my phone number, but I couldn't because I had a boyfriend. He looked surprised and I knew that he didn't know that I wasn't available. I was trying not to flirt with him, but whenever he looked into my eyes, I held his gaze for just a little bit too long. I was drawn to him. (TheBF says that it drove him crazy because he could tell that I was attracted to him but I held him at arms length.)

Things were a little bit awkward between us for a few weeks after that. He was always around. That coffeeshop was my main hangout, he had made friends with all my friends that night. He made friends with my boyfriend and they got along fantastically. He got invited to all the same parties that I did. I swear it seemed like we ran into each other at least once every 3 days after that, and we still shared those long looks while we tried to make casual conversation, or I'd catch him looking at me from across the room, or vice versa. All my friends noticed the tension between us.

He also had joined the gym a few blocks down the street so that I saw him on his post-workout runs, which were just breathe-taking to watch. I've never seen a man look more beautiful when he runs, and he really knew how to dress for it, in shorts that showed off his bubble butt, his thin t-shirt sticking to his sweaty chest and gorgeous muscular back, cutting right across his biceps. He had the most gorgeous hamstrings I've ever seen. Those post-workout runs were responsible for a few extremely naughty dreams I had about him. Whew! I still vividly remember them.

Things stayed like that for months. When I broke up with my boyfriend, I knew who I wanted. Unfortunately, I had waited just a little too late. TheBF was moving back home! When I told him that I had broken up with my boyfriend over IM after he had already left, he typed back, "I'm going to have to take you out to dinner then." So we started our long distance romance. :smile:

(Talking to him about it just now, I brought up how he didn't ask me. He stated it as a fact and he seemed so confident that I would go out to dinner with him. He just looked at me like, "Oh please. Don't even pretend you might have said no." That cocky bastard. He's right, of course.)

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spring 1963, freshman year of high school. A family moved in two doors down with an oldest daughter also a freshman. I was at a seminary HS and she was in public school. It took about two years (I did leave the seminary HS), but we started dating between junior and senior year of HS. Dated all through college. No other serious relationship for either of us. Got married in 1970, had four great kids, have five perfect grandkids and she's still the love of my life. The sex is still astronomical and she's still (and always will be) my best friend. I consider myself the luckiest guy on the face of the earth.

Aw! How romantic! That's wonderful!

lgej

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aw! How romantic! That's wonderful!

And the best part is that EVERY WORD is true. BTW, she loves me a lot too. It really is great fun to find your soul mate as a teen and then (like a swan) mate for life. I don't feel like I've missed a thing. As a matter of fact, I've had more than almost anyone I know.

oztiks103

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My cellmate told me about his cousin and how her recent ex boyfriend just fucked her over. Well we eventually wrote. And since I was locked up she could open up with a male, if it got too serious she could shut it down whenever. Butafter a year, we were in love, I came home and its been 2 and a half Yeats, we love each other Moe than ever. I don't hide things from her, vice versus.

D_Tallie_Wacker

Account Disabled
Media

If this were Facebook, I'd hit the like button.

My wife and I met our Freshman year of college, when my Fraternity and her Sorority had a social together.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
At work. We kept it a secret, because we didn't want people gossiping about us. Part of the fun was keeping the secret and sneaking around. People gossiped anyway, because we got caught a few times out and about in the city. And the receptionists picked up on how when one of us left for lunch, the other almost always followed a few minutes later, and they spread the gossip around. Once we were out in the open (after about a year and half, I took her as my date to a black tie gala my company was having), there was nothing to gossip about and no one cared.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've posted this before but it's such a nice story I'll do it again. We met in a department store in LA and sadly passed like two ships in the night and a year later we got set up on a blind date by a mutual friend.

chefgreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My current GF is my high school best friend's little sister. I started fucking her when she was 16 and I was 18. We lost contact over the years. She found me on FB close to a year ago. We started talking everyday. She ended up leaving her husband of ten years and moving back to MD. We have been living together since March and we are really happy together. I feel like she is my soulmate.