Where did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've posted this before but it's such a nice story I'll do it again. We met in a department store in LA and sadly passed like two ships in the night and a year later we got set up on a blind date by a mutual friend.

That's an amazing coincidence! Was the blind date in LA?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Awww... I will confine myself to the ones I am with now. Met one via Internet and he introduced me to a friend. But hey, I could have said 'in a previous life' too...

This life though, was in the present century

peradocsus

Just Browsing
Media
Well. Back in "84 I bought my first motorcycle. I went to pick up a friend after work on a friday. When I pulled into the driveway he was working in the yard. Then his sister walked out the front door. She had been living in Florida for 2 yrs. The first thing I noticed was a HUGE set of tits on a 4 ft 11 frame. I looked at her and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. Now remember that was friday. I took her home monday morning on the way to work. 2 weeks later she moved in. In '85 we had our daughter. And it has been heaven and hell. After 25 yrs it can't all be heaven.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My boyfriend and I lived on the same street for a year, using the same shops, neighborhood pub, and everything. About 6 months after I moved, we encountered each other here and have been together since. :08: Over two years and counting, still <3 him.

Last edited:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We met on a bbs board (remember those? so long ago...) that was run by some mutual friends and just chatted about this and that with a bunch of other local people. One day we decided to meet. Seven years later we got married and are still together.

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
She came to give a talk to a pagan group I used to be a member of; thought she was nice but obviously lesbian and not worth pursuing as she came with a gf and they were paying a lot of attention to each other. A few months later I was at a pagan camp, we got talking around he fire and ended up fucking in her tent, and we've been together since. I was wrong about her - she was bi rather than completely lesbian.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my wife and I met in a bar. I was dating/fucking her friend at the time. we broke up and about 4 months later we started dating/fucking. that was 34 yrs ago.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
we met at measurection, actually, in the chat room. Little by little, we became good friends, which was really all I wanted from him. Over time, we developed crushes which were just never going to go anywhere. We were thousands of miles apart. He was a virgin, I was fucking my way through Brooklyn. We cammed, and started having what felt very much like dates. We'd watch TV together while camming on Skype, do our homework together, talk about everything under the sun. He'd draw while I watched. I edited his short stories. We were physically attracted to each other, and our little crushes grew in intensity, and eventually there was love. I tried to visit him, but something went wrong. I sent him a potted plant to apologize. He moved 1800 miles closer. He had to leave behind the plant, and I found out later, he cried. Awww. That plant is still there, though. He was out there about a year ago, and it was thriving. That made him smile. Awww. Anyway, he came to visit me, we went to a parade. He was moved to tears by a patriotic thought-stream, and I knew he would always be the one for me. So I told him so. He went back to his place 200 miles away, but not before we cried in each other's arms at the reality of separation after that wonderful, long weekend. We no longer cry about it, but we do tear up something fierce when one of us travels far without the other. I can't stand to be without him, nor he without me.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love this thread, especially the long posts. "How we met" stories are some of my favorite ones! I love asking couples to tell their "meeting" story when they're together. It's always fun to hear a couple tell it, correcting each other, finishing each other's thoughts, providing different little details, talking about their first impressions about each other and whether they turned out to be correct, all the sweet little romantic details. I love it. :smile:

It's because I'm such a sap. :redface:

33 years ago I saw my current husband across the dance floor of the local gay disco. I asked him to dance. We've been together ever since. The song we danced to, WHAT'S YOUR NAME WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER by Andrea True is now "Our Song."

I love it when you talk about your husband. It's so sweet!

we met at measurection, actually, in the chat room. Little by little, we became good friends, which was really all I wanted from him. Over time, we developed crushes which were just never going to go anywhere. We were thousands of miles apart. He was a virgin, I was fucking my way through Brooklyn. We cammed, and started having what felt very much like dates. We'd watch TV together while camming on Skype, do our homework together, talk about everything under the sun. He'd draw while I watched. I edited his short stories. We were physically attracted to each other, and our little crushes grew in intensity, and eventually there was love. I tried to visit him, but something went wrong. I sent him a potted plant to apologize. He moved 1800 miles closer. He had to leave behind the plant, and I found out later, he cried. Awww. That plant is still there, though. He was out there about a year ago, and it was thriving. That made him smile. Awww. Anyway, he came to visit me, we went to a parade. He was moved to tears by a patriotic thought-stream, and I knew he would always be the one for me. So I told him so. He went back to his place 200 miles away, but not before we cried in each other's arms at the reality of separation after that wonderful, long weekend. We no longer cry about it, but we do tear up something fierce when one of us travels far without the other. I can't stand to be without him, nor he without me.

I awwwed my way through this story! That was beautiful!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Oh, Please. Don't even pretend you might have said no." = Most hilarious line in this entire thread. I love How We Met stories that involve terrible timing that is eventually overcome.

I wish my husband and I had met on a different site. Then I could say out loud where we met. Our official story is we met in the chat room of "...some website or other about men's health issues. Who can ever remember the names of these things?" I think his sister suspects we met here. She used my computer once and when Firefox opened, it restored the last session, and dumped her here.

bigboy190

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We met on holiday 20+ years ago in Australia, strange thing was,she lived in the same area in the UK as i did, and still together,and best friends.