Where did you meet your significant other?

AdaramC

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey guys and gals and everyone in between!

How did many of you involved out there meet your significant others?

I'm having trouble with this whole "finding someone", much like many other singles out there. I don't think the dating scene is for me, it's just so tiring and I tend to make quick judgements on whom I could consider being in a relationship with. It's terrible, I know, but if you know that you're not interested, then why bother? I've done the online thing (which is not as bountiful as I had hoped), had friends set me up, and I still got nothing. Probably because I am way too picky... plus I'm still dealing with some post-break up emotional issues that have been a kick in the butt. (been single for 1+ years now and I'm still dealing, sucks!)

I'm not looking for pity or anything of that nature, just looking to read some stories about how happy couples met, gives me some hope for my future! And I know... when the time is right, I'm meet him, but until then I'm perfectly content with being single. Not happy, but content haha :tongue:

dtlol

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Perth City (Western Australia, Australia)
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i met my crazy and amazing (also hott) gorlfriend through a party.
key to meeting new people is being super outgoing, go to everything you can and never say no! and dont worry what people think of you, thats how you find the genuine people

good luck mate!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never get tired of telling this story. We met in a department store and chatted each other up and were like ships that passed in the night. I could not get him out of my mind and was kicking myself for not getting his full name and phone number. A year later a mutual friend set us up on a blind date.

D_Count_VonDickskin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I met my wife when I was picking up my best friends date (their first date) on the way to a Rancid and Distillers concert in Seattle. Needless to say me and the guy are friends anymore. Totally worth it been together almost 11 years and married for 9.

EDIT: By the way, her first date with my friend was paid for by me; dinner, gas, concert tickets, after concert meal, everything because my "friend" didn't bring his money. Might as well have been considered my first date with her.

Last edited:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was depressed. A friend invited me to this exclusive event to see a band. I wasn't in the mood, but she told me I would love them. I went with her to this bar in Atlanta. The band was great, but the bass player looked like he was looking at me. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. During the intermission my friend and I were talking when the bass player just walks right up to me. I was at once nervous, lots of butterflies and that "strange" feeling, but then very suspicious as in "he does this all the time, I bet." I was wrong. He was just as nervous as I was!
The rest, ahem, is history. And you know, I don't even think I ever thanked my friend.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Met him at the bar in San Francisco, lust at first sight, dated for almost a year and that was 25 years ago and still going strong.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I met my life-partner over the internet. We communicated for a while and met in person when he was in California to meet someone else because I was not all that far from where he was. It was love at first sight and we have been together ever since.

XanaJew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We met on AOL in an old personals forum that ceased to exist right after I responded to his ad. We became friends first and a couple of months later, I left my girlfriend to be with him. That was 15 years ago.

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I met my first partner in a bookstore. I'm into big band and jazz music, and we both reached for the one copy of Duke Ellington's autobiography "Music Is My Mistress" that was on the shelf, at the same time. It was an instant attraction, that grew with having coffee at the bookstore coffeeshop. He was tall, dark haired and complected, second generation Italian. We started dating and were together for 2 1/2 years. Tragically, I lost him in a car accident. My last ex and I met with the help of an old Cadillac. We chatted online about Cadillacs through another BBS, because we had the same year and model car. ( I restored a 71 Coupe deVille to keep me occupied after I lost my first partner..) He lived in a different county about 40 miles away... sometimes we'd talk daily, sometimes it would be months. Well, I moved to his county and hadn't talked to him in months, and lo and behold, I got an IM from him on evening and discovered that we only lived a mile apart ! Sadly, after 2 yrs, we decided to split up, and I moved to TN.... now Im hoping I'll find someone again !

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Met my partner at a bar in Detroit called Backstreet. That was 19 yrs ago! I was only 18 at the time and he thought I was 21 at the time. He later found out that I was still in High School and he was in University.