Where do you get your news?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I hate local news and almost never watch it. I get news generally from two sources:

1. online via my homepage msnbc.com
2. NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams (the only evening news show I look forward to).

If I need elaboration on something big I'll seek out the continuous news feeds like CNN, and the Weatherchannel (if weather related). And if I want a bit of comedy I'll check out a few minutes of FOX.

Cellphone news apps. include Time, MSNBC, and USA Today.

For details, viewpoints, investigative, and other elaborations I'll usually look up Slate Magazine (slate.com) and Time (time.com)

Last edited:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just wondering where most people get their news since the decline in newspaper readership today.

I think I get mine mostly through news/talk radio stations while driving in my car. Google news comes a distant second.
Mostly online.

Sometimes from off my neighbors porch or lawn or if at the apartment then from in front of their door......I just take a look at the headlines and sports scores, take any crossword and sudoku puzzles and toss the paper back. On Saturdays the New York Times often delivers their Sunday magazine section which I simply must have, it gets returned as well although sometimes it has coffee stains on it.:redface:

ABC Australian Broadcasting Corporation/Commission ...although personally I think there has been a decline in true investigative journalism over the last couple of years. It seems the hard questions are just becoming, well, to hard to ask. Sensationalist media seems to be the go with all the competition and big money players.

erindera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of the advantages of writing part-time for a news site is that I have a password to the Associated Press, and can get the raw feed.

That's where I get most of my news.