Where do you read first?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: Okey dokey - where do you normally head for when you log on?

I tend to go straight for Etc Etc then Women's Issues and just work my way up, although I'll go to Admin first if there is anything there. Used to just go down the groups but the Etc just stays fresher whereas the other boards can get stuck in their own respective 4 or 5 questions at times.

Also used to use the Last XX Post first, but I think that misses out posts that have been modified, so now I just follow the new topic stars.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I read my PM's first. Ha! You missed that one!

Then I read my moderated topics, followed by Etc. Etc. and Meet and Greet, then on down the line.

Pecker

(I believe in making the world safe for our children but not our children's children. I don't think children should be having sex.)

3. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: Not really, I thought about putting PMs on, but then that really isn't a freely accessable part of the site (i.e. we can't read each others, otherwise it wouldn't be very 'P').

So I decided against it.

4. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Usually M&G and work my way down.

Sometimes start at etc. and work my way up.

Although I think Gig is a great moderator, I rarely look at Young & Hung, because some of the posts in there used to be kind of creepy. I haven't looked in Making it Bigger in months, just because I have no experience with PE and don't really know what people are talking about in there.

Sometimes I look for people's names on the Home Page. If I see someone whose posts I like I'll go to see what he or she has written.

I usually check my PM's very first thing too.

5. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Etc, then Women's Issues, then Admin, them Meet and Greet.  Occassionally Relationships and Sex with a Large Penis, and if I see a name on the board in another section who was the last to post in another area, I might wander in to check that out.

6. Imported

Gold Member

hawl: Etc.Etc. seems to be where the action is these days, though I think it is viewed less by lurkers. I just noticed it is second in # of posts and almost second in # of topics. I almost never check out "Young and Hung", "Making It Bigger", "Personals", or "Administrative Topics". I use the "last 25-50-100 posts" feature a lot, and I highly recommend that newcomers use the "this person's last 5-10-50-all posts" feature to help sort out some of the quirks, preferences, reactions, feuds, etc. present here at any given time!

7. Imported

Gold Member

9cyclops9: I start on Making it Bigger (surprised?) and work my way up. After I'm done I see who is on and such, then I go to the chat room and see if anyone is there. Usually nobody.

John

8. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: A real mod reads his section first before heading off to the lounge to enjoy a cigarette.... :D

M&G for me.

7x6&C

9. Imported

Gold Member

da_blissmachine: I have several popular posts on M&G so I like to check out recent replies.... then I work my way down.

10. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: Meet and Greet, then Etc. Etc., then I start browsing around.

11. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: I have no order really. But I've noticed M&G is usually last.

12. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: I usually start at the Meet and Greet section and then work my way down.

13. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: What about sections we don't read? I never read Ficitional Stories.

14. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: I start with the Women's Section - because like Paul said, it's the one I mod....then M&G, Etc and on.

I don't read the Personals, and I rarely go to Y&H.

15. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: Well I don't tend to read Young and Hung, Personals, Fictitious Stories or Penis Enlargement for various reasons.

I may peek at Y&H every now and again if there hasn't been that much action in the rest of the board, but I don't religiously read each topic like the other parts I read - only if the headings look interesting.

I suppose if I've just posted something that I think maybe a bit controversial then I will go and check on that first - but it seems that is more likely to be in etc., anyway!

Draft saved Draft deleted