Where do you usually go to do some soul searching?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am someone who for a various reasons really detest flying, but I do take advantage of long flights for the simple luxury that I am out of contact with the rest of the world and can be alone with my thoughts.
If I'm in NY and I need a quiet moment to myself I go to The Metropolitan Museum Of Art and sit in
The Temple Of Dendur
If I'm in Honolulu I go to the Honolulu Academy of Arts

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Somewhere that I'm least likely to run into a person who wants to chatter. Right now I would choose to go for a ride, though if I could I would choose to go hiking in the mountains. Unfortunately that's quite a drive and I only get to go maybe once a year. Nothing is more peaceful to me.

Soul searching? I'm tryin to get rid of them, they keep following me around.

For some quiet time I usually just lay and center myself on the floor of my lounge room and close my eyes. Walking or sitting on a log in a Rainforest brings it back.... Yup, I like to hug a very old tree. Have not been for some time, even though a short way in every direction from here there are National Rainforest parks.......now that you have bought it up, might go this weekend.

Where do you go Earl?

Last edited by a moderator:

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Cemetary to remind myself that life isn't as bad as it seems or to the lake and be one with nature. The beach is always great. I can write better while just sitting there. Mostly I will go for a drive with music blaring and moonroof open.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The fishmongers.
Ugh. lol.

For some monkfish no doubt.

Where do you go Earl?

I drive the Altamont Pass wind farm rural roads in late spring when the grasses are the greenest. Patterson Pass road. It's a future scape. Transports me into a hopeful place.

I also take my dog walking at a regional park Point Pinole on the SF Bay- it used to be an old dynamite factory site so it's secluded, yet beautiful and peaceful now.

Ugh. lol.

For some monkfish no doubt.

I drive the Altamont Pass wind farm rural roads in late spring when the grasses are the greenest. Patterson Pass road. It's a future scape. Transports me into a hopeful place.

I also take my dog walking at a regional park Point Pinole on the SF Bay- it used to be an old dynamite factory site so it's secluded, yet beautiful and peaceful now.

Wow...nice Earl..A place to go to dream of the future, and a place to visit the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
balance of my brain usually..
then
as a last resort lpsg..plenty of us lost souls in here....
(and please dont tell me there are no Souls Hick, nor to fck off? ha)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the tall swing set... once you get a rhythm going, the world opens up.
on that top of ya swing, ya high enough to see it all.\
ya place in it seems more clear in motion.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is there somewhere you go?

Go for a walk along the beach. The sound of the surf is so cleansing to one's soul. The constant rhythm of the pounding surf is a reminder of the unending cycle of life.
If not there then to one of the Redwood Parks nearby. Silent and majestic so as to dwarf one's petty concerns.