Where else can a gay guy go?

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Over the years, the support of this board has helped many gay, bi, straight and curious men come to terms with their sexualities. And helped all us men deal with emotional issues.

These things don't necessarily need to have anything to do with the size of your genitalia. But since this is a safe, supportive place for men, it seems to attract discussions of personal issues that require a safe space.

Is it appropriate on a site devoted to the problems of large penises? Let's put that question aside for a moment.

My question is: where else on the internet can a guy go to talk about this sort of stuff?

I remember a great forum on Compuserve many years ago, called Pride Central. It was gay oriented, but strayed into more general emotional and health issues common to all men. But I have found no place else since which affords men such great support in so many ways.

Many gay-questioning men are too intimidated or afraid log onto capital-G Gay websites. Besides, as this place proves, the perspectives of straight men and women on gay and bi issues prove incredibly helpful. It kind of normalises being gay more than an exclusively gay environment can.

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks.

HB8

vegasnola

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
nice thoughts; i think you've got a good point.

the internet can be a good place to test the waters before coming out to real people in your life, but i think that needs to follow closely after.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One of the great things about this place is that we can come together to discuss other issues that may or may not be directly related to having a large penis. This place has helped me tremendously.

Here are some things I read (and still read):

Am I Gay?

Gay Life

both from About.Com

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't know what attracts people here in particular, but I think this is absolutly the right place for any descussion on intimate issues, whether or not the first two words of the name are "large penis".

LPSG is, pardon the pun, bigger than that.

I think of it as being the large penis SUPPORT GROUP, with the "Support Group" taking centre stage.

IMHO this is the way it should be, as there is a great community of regulars (for the most part) offering insightful views that stretch beyond over-sized phallices, and LPSG reflects this by being about more than big dicks.

Personally I think that in the forum descriptions the "Large penis" bits should be removed. Make "Sex with a large Penis" into "sexual issues" because that's what it is, we don't exclusively talk about large dicks in any of the forums, we reach out to other issues and discuss them.

I think that because of the community aspect we shouldn't try to neuter all non-big cock discussions, that stunts the community and prevents a lot of people who do come here seeking support from getting it, perhaps because they don't have a large cock? What kind of a support group would that be?

Then, how do you determine who gets to post about what? I have a 7" cock. Am I big enough? Do I get an opinion?

Do you see where I'm gonig?

LPSG is absolutly the right place for all intimate discussion, and I'm glad it's there. I prefer to ask questions here, especially sexuality ones, than go and join a forum with the big "G-word" pasted at the top of it.... I'd feel rather pigeon holed then.

LPSG, as far as I can see is for just about everyone, and not just a "gay" or "strait" club, it isn't even entirely a "big dick" club, hell we have female members and plenty of average-sized ones! And long may it stay that way.

Hmmm, I think i ranted off topic here, but It's sort of on course... :eek:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
headbang8 said:
Many gay-questioning men are too intimidated or afraid log onto capital-G Gay websites. Besides, as this place proves, the perspectives of straight men and women on gay and bi issues prove incredibly helpful. It kind of normalises being gay more than an exclusively gay environment can.

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks.

HB8

I very much agree with this point HB!
It shows both sides of the coin.

It illustrates to gay men that there are
many people in society that don't give
their sexuality a second thought.

Then also, it gives people who possibly
don't know or don't realize they know
any gays in their life, the opportunity
to see that we are all basically the
same...humans who all want to live,
love and enjoy life.

What's nice about LPSG is that there
is such a vast spectrum of people here
and for the most part we all rub along
fairly well together.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Did anyone else see the title and think " ....where everyone knows your name"??

You wanna be where you can see... people are all the same.. you wanna go where everyone knows your name..

Sorry, I heard cheers.:biggrin1:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
headbang8
As is the norm, you've started an intelligent and thought provoking thread.

I'm hopeful that straight guys learn as much from the topics.

Most of the gay people I know well have a bullshit detector par excellence (except for the few who are substance abusers, and that probably speaks to their struggles) and they are self actualized and past the troubling dilemma stage of who am I and do I put myself out there publicly in a forthright manner. Take me or leave me.

I have learned some valuable insights on my own life and struggles by being their friend, and benefiting from their wisdom and experiences.

This site is probably more gay and bi friendly as a result of the sizeable number of gays and bisexuals, the community spirit, and the general board discouragement of hostile post bashers intent on pissing on the "queers". There is a pretty high level of welcoming inclusion and tolerance for newcomers here.

I think that bigotry and homophobia are still as prevalent in society as ever. There are more enlightened men and women in my social circle by choice. I don't hesitate in letting a bigot or sexist or homophobe know that I have opposing views to theirs, and usually that's evident by the kind of jokes they tell.

This site seems to foster trust in kind.

royston

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: Where else can a gay guy go?
To hell...! hahahah...onl' kiddin gents! you've gotta love homophobes! jaffers!

x

caramelloso

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think its important for people to understand that gay people are just like everyone else and the only thing that makes them different is who they choose to sleep with. We all have in one way or form have experience some kind of discrimination for whatever reason and its important for people to realize that you cant complain and bitch about how their discriminated for x reason yet they end up doing the same to others. If people open their eyes and realize that this world was meant to be a world of diversity, then maybe people will begin to respect each others individuality.

Caramelloso

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
caramelloso said:
I think its important for people to understand that gay people are just like everyone else and the only thing that makes them different is who they choose to sleep with. We all have in one way or form have experience some kind of discrimination for whatever reason and its important for people to realize that you cant complain and bitch about how their discriminated for x reason yet they end up doing the same to others. If people open their eyes and realize that this world was meant to be a world of diversity, then maybe people will begin to respect each others individuality.

Caramelloso

People have SUCH a hard time with this. They need everyone to be the same and like them (or like what they think people should be) in order to feed their own fragile sense of securityand comfort. SAD.

Homogeneity is BORING.

caramelloso

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex said:
People have SUCH a hard time with this. They need everyone to be the same and like them (or like what they think people should be) in order to feed their own fragile sense of securityand comfort. SAD.

Homogeneity is BORING.

Your right, but is not just that that is annoying, if something I really have a problem with is hypocracy. I have spoken to people that did the very thing I talked about. One minute their telling me how so and so discriminated against them, then the other minute their bashing gay people. I mean how can you complain about being discriminated when you yourself are adding to the problem. Plus what goes around, comes right around, you can't expect or demand respect if your not willing to give it.

Caramelloso

Blonde-Blueeyed2

Just Browsing
Media
The truth is that gay people can go everywhere for the closest homo's living a straight lie(ooops I mean life) will do you anywhere. From parks to gloryholes. I get laid more in a closet town than I do in a gay welcome area.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
caramelloso said:
Your right, but is not just that that is annoying, if something I really have a problem with is hypocracy. I have spoken to people that did the very thing I talked about. One minute their telling me how so and so discriminated against them, then the other minute their bashing gay people. I mean how can you complain about being discriminated when you yourself are adding to the problem. Plus what goes around, comes right around, you can't expect or demand respect if your not willing to give it.

Caramelloso

To own the truth, it really should not be overwhelmingly startling to you that people, quite fervently, feel the need to project their insecurities upon others. Why do people ostensibly detest discrimination and then, in the same vein, demonstrate discriminatory behavior, you ask? Well there’s not simple answer to this, but I will try to give you the long and short of it … preferably the short:

In my mind, it comes from a place within them that is seeking acceptance in general; and the desire for acceptance, although not always, is usually a subtle manifestation of a lack of self-confidence. Insecurity is a flaw in our character not quite like anything else, not only is it a trait that industriously defeats the person it is resident in, it can also negatively impact many people connected to that person. How so? Again, people with insecurities quite often feel the need to project their shortcomings, inabilities, and utter lack of self-understanding on to others. Again, how so? Simply by highlighting – what they assume to be, anyway – the inadequacies of others.

For example, consider, if you will, our old friend: the little girl on the playground; I’m sure everyone has encountered her at some point when they were younger. She [I will call her Anastasia Beaverhousen :rolleyes:] will spend most of her telling the other kids not to play with you because, for whatever reason, you’re no good at playing. Then, after much hue and cry, everyone has resolved not to play with you … after all, with a name like Anastasia Beaverhousen how could she quite possibly be wrong about anything? In reality, Anastasia has decided to single you out to the other kids because it is she that is actually no good at playing, and instead of trying to solve her own issues, she masks them by showcasing yours.

This is no different from people who relentlessly bash homosexuality. Experience has taught me that that people who develop vehemently antagonistic views of homosexuality, scarcely have confidence in their own sexual orientation and will, occasionally, be closeted homosexuals themselves. (If bold enough, one could even argue that the amount of bashing done is directly proportional the ‘degree’ of their sexual uncertainty. Meaning: the more they bash, the more sexually uncertain they are … but that’s neither here nor there and, right now, will be dismissed as silly talk :tongue:). Nevertheless, a lot of this stems from people’s need to conform to the societal status quo too, which in many places still has a big red slash through being gay.

[FONT=&quot]Altogether, I think the solution lies simply in our willingness to venture out from our corners of the world and be accepting of one another. Shake hands, smile and know that we all have our faults – and aren’t different from each other in that regard. And this way, Anastasia Beaverhousen will receive a time-out on the playground. [/FONT]