Where Have All The Virgins gone?

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Still a virgin here at almost 23. I let my morals and shyness get in the way. I'm not the type for meaningless sex/hook-ups, so I'll be a virgin for a good while yet... Most people my age aren't looking for anything lasting.

Edit: I should say, most gay men my age rather than most people... as I'm sure girls are already looking for something lasting by this age.

Last edited:

starter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So i still got my v-card, people say i'm really outgoing and friendly but i always seem to the "friends zone" with everyone! It really drives me insane, it's not like i don't want to be there friends i'd just like to go a little further with someone once and a while.

o and Spunkrocker with the no privacy thing i totally understand, my house is always loud and there's always someone walking in to ask you a question that really has nothing to do with anything or just to see what kind of answer they'll get! really frustraiting!

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im glad ive got company =) 24 year old virgin here... and yea totally get how it can be a nuinsance cos we cant wear tampons. not being able to swim one week in a month sucks. I'm one of those waiting for someone special.Its been difficult though, bombarded by playas who just wanna have a fling, ive held temptation at bay /sigh.

L

lislndr

I'm a 22-year-old virgin and I think it's definitely got a lot to do with confidence. I consider myself moderately attractive, not in the best shape, but not necessarily fat either, about 5'10", 210 lbs. I don't have much experience with relationships and the most I've ever gotten was oral. I probably could've lost my v-card back in high school to the bicycle but I had standards... now as I get older I feel like it's getting more difficult, but what I really need to do is just put myself out there. I never had the opportunity to go to college and I currently have no prospects

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The virgins haven't gone anywhere. We're just hiding because we're getting tired of being insulted and made fun of, or being thought of as having "issues."

It's just easier to avoid the laughing, the pointing, the staring, the whispered comments...and that's just based on looks alone.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The virgins haven't gone anywhere. We're just hiding because we're getting tired of being insulted and made fun of, or being thought of as having "issues."

It's just easier to avoid the laughing, the pointing, the staring, the whispered comments...and that's just based on looks alone.

actually...to be honest...
when i was a virgin i was applauded by most, if not all, of my peers.
guys always thought it was hott, too, or at least intrigued by it.
(i think for obvious reasons...but also because in my neck of the woods it's hard to find a "good girl" here. not goody-two-shoes, but basically to put it bluntly, not a whore.)

some were even envious of the fact that i still had it,
and was waiting until i was ready, which they told me face to face.

the only times i've ever been teased was by best friends in a playful manner, which i never minded because we just have that kind of sense of humour. :shrug:

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dude go to my profile. I created a group called Virgins R Us. We shall welcome you with open arms. But I am in the same boat as a lot of people in this topic. I could've lost it but there's been privacy issues, the fact that I was more focused on trying to get into a relationship and be in love and i have pretty high standards in women. It's tough and its hard because you have to hide it from most people out of fear (if you're a guy). I should be losing it next week if everything goes right. I got me a pretty booty buddy who likes me. And has only been with a few guys.

Last edited:

Zorgolio

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 21 and still a virgin. I've never been in a situation that could've led to sex. I had my first kiss when I was 20. It was with a seriously drunk (or high?) girl that I also fingered a bit, but it turned out she had a boyfriend... so that went nowhere. People close to me find it perplexing, I just find it frustrating. To me, sex has become a bit of a Holy Grail, and I'm afraid that I've started to place women on a pedastal. A bit of an unreachable goal, as it were. Currently, aside from my studies, my main goal in life is to find a good woman and perfect the art of pleasure with her.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I never really got what was so wrong with being a virgin. I was one for a while. Still am in some regards.

Does having/not having sex really alter one's life so dramatically that we have to fuss over it until it happens?

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Ahh yes, but unfortunately my peers aren't in your age bracket. After the mid to late 20's virginity starts to lose it's "coolness." Some of my peers are already grandparents!

Hmmm... Which would you be more embarassed of being: A 35 year old virgin, or a 35 year old grandparent? :O

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ahh yes, but unfortunately my peers aren't in your age bracket. After the mid to late 20's virginity starts to lose it's "coolness." Some of my peers are already grandparents!

Hmmm... Which would you be more embarassed of being: A 35 year old virgin, or a 35 year old grandparent? :O

I can't answer that because I'm not in the situation.

Besides, I hate children, and I see nothing wrong with being a virgin at any age. So my opinion would be severely biased.

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

QFT.

guys always thought it was hott, too, or at least intrigued by it.
(i think for obvious reasons...but also because in my neck of the woods it's hard to find a "good girl" here. not goody-two-shoes, but basically to put it bluntly, not a whore.)

some were even envious of the fact that i still had it,
and was waiting until i was ready, which they told me face to face.

the only times i've ever been teased was by best friends in a playful manner, which i never minded because we just have that kind of sense of humour. :shrug:

That's only because you're a woman. People (especially women) see male virgins as pathetic losers that deserve to be mocked and ridiculed. Men are expected to know everything about sex and be experienced, so if a guy is still a virgin, most people will think that there's something severely wrong with him.
Female virgins don't experience that kind of (extremely negative) prejudice.

whatadork

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks Justcurious, Vergax, Reallybigshoe!

OK, I'll add my attitude. I get the feeling that at my age it's pretty abnormal (not that anything about me is "normal" per se) but really it's down to a mixture of self esteem, confidence and a small bit of selfishness.

Although I make friends with women very easily, getting the guts to actually ask someone out has been a new experience, although I'm doing it for 'the lolz' rather than any serious attention, I suppose emotionally, I feel it's all biology and the feeling of being "different" rather than actually feeling I'm missing anything significant.

Sure I am very, very fertile and ample in more ways than one, but while I wouldn't go so far as using prostitutes like my old university friend, I feel I'm "going through the motions" as far as relationships go (think Dr Manhattan).

To quote 4chan, "there are people who are simply unfuckable". :)
I think we're similar. I was a virgin til about your age. Maybe a little longer in fact. Partially by choice, partially because of a multitude of other things. These other things include
1) fear of rejection
2) minor self esteem issues (assuming people i find attractive don't find me so) even though people assure me i'm attractive.
3) lack of desire to push a sexual relationship with a girl i wasn't sure i was interested in
4) being ok with just jerking off.

I then did run into a girl I was actually really interested in. And also at that point I was like "oh god, I REALLY just want to lose it to lose the label". She totally didn't think I was a virgin until she asked how many girlfriends I had before that.

The problem was I was so nervous around her that I had a hard time keeping it up. It was totally ironic since talking to her and being around her would trigger an erection most of the time, but when it came close to having sex I would be nervous and not get hard. So one night we cuddled and I woke up super horny. She asked me if I was sure if I wanted to do it (of course I did), and then I had sex with her. It was fun and exciting but also scary in that I realized I didn't feel much (later on I found out it was the condom that caused that) and the whole experience was strange in that it was almost like I didn't feel anything until I realized I was close to the point of no return. There was no build up and in fact I was afraid I was going to lose my erection. It was like "nothing" to "if you don't stop RIGHT NOW you're cumming no matter what".

Ironically that allowed me to last a fair while and she was impressed and asked me if it was really my first time. But man even though I really liked her and was really attracted to her, sex with her sucked because of how worried I was having sex with her.

I've went on to have sex with a couple more girls since then and I can tell you that sex is MUCH better when you are very comfortable with your partner. Worrying about stuff makes it very hard to enjoy sex and actually can make it impossible to even have sex.

And on the other end of the spectrum, when I had sex with the girl I was really comfortable with and very attracted to, I (stupidly) had sex with her unprotected. It was my first time having condomless sex and I lasted maybe 20 seconds. If even that. About 20 seconds in, I had to pull out cuz it was feeling too good and by that time I was past the point of no return and wound up cumming all over my bed.