Where Have All The Virgins gone?

DonGia

Just Browsing
Media
I'm a virgin at 21 and proud of it. I've had the oppurtunity, and I've been tempted and tried to be persuaded into it, and its just not something I'm ready for. Sure I want sex, just like any other human being. The fact is, I want to share it with someone special and someone I love, that person has not come into my life yet. I just don't want to look back on it with any regrets, and I don't want to take any risks of any potential STD's or possibly becoming a father way too young.

True were not common, but we exist :)

whatadork

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DonGia said:
I'm a virgin at 21 and proud of it. I've had the oppurtunity, and I've been tempted and tried to be persuaded into it, and its just not something I'm ready for. Sure I want sex, just like any other human being. The fact is, I want to share it with someone special and someone I love, that person has not come into my life yet. I just don't want to look back on it with any regrets, and I don't want to take any risks of any potential STD's or possibly becoming a father way too young.

True were not common, but we exist :)

The thing is most people aren't in that boat. Most people are virgins and have never had the chance to lose it. It's easy to remain proud if you had the chance and didn't take it. It's hard to remain proud if you're not sure if you could lose it or especially if you've TRIED to lose it and you couldn't. In the end tho the truth of the matter is losing your virginity is a big deal NOT because of what people want personally (everyone wants to have sex but not every feels the NEED to have sex just to have sex), but because of how they DON'T want people to see them.

Like for me even though I waited until I met someone I was attracted to and liked romantically to have sex, the first thought I had after losing my virginity was "Whew, now I don't have to worry about people finding out I was a virgin." It's sad that that's the case, but that's just the way it is. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I didn't think "Now I'm a man!" I thought "Now people won't ridicule me" (not that anyone did; most people assumed I have had experience).

@blg3floor3, apollo312, shyguy1985:
i'm actually really similar to you guys in terms of shyness (really shy when I don't know anyone, quite social when comfortable), but actually i struggle with confidence more (i guess being well hung helps that a lot, but i'm merely average) than having trouble talking to girls (i'm pretty decent at making girls laugh; i have a pretty goofy sense of humor).

this might sound weird but the easiest thing for you guys to do is probably sit down one day and catalog a few topics that are interesting to talk about, what you know and want to say about those topics, what you can ask HER about those topics, and any funny/interesting stories or facts you have that relate to those topics. keep those in mind and when you talk to anyone, just let the conversation flow until you can sense an awkward silence coming up. the second you sense one coming, whip out one of the topics and just have that go and hopefully flow into other topics, etc. it's useful for small talk for anyone really.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Other than self pleasuring I married the first time at age 25.

I was a virgin and I enjoyed the honeymoon very much.

Now, please be aware that I realize that this is not possible for everyone, but I had no problems learning about what to do.

It came naturally.

Enjoy life and what every you do, practice safe sex.

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I'm in social situations, I KNOW what I'm supposed to be doing. But despite all of my interactions with people, my brain apparently doesn't absorb skills such as small talk and witty banter and various brands of humor. In a social situation, people think I'm not talking to them because I don't like them or because I'm a dick or stuck up or some shit, but it's more because I really don't know what to say. Um, hi? So um, how are you? How was school? How was work? So, like, did you see that one movie? Dum de dum......hmmm....what did you do last night?

BOOOOOOORING. I know what I should be doing and saying to be successful, but my mental book of social material never gets beyond the first page, i.e. I never collect anything to draw from despite how many social experiences and observations I have.

blah
blah
blah
blah

I used to feel the same way. was more interested in doing things, reading books playing games etc... i found talking to most people boring mainly because everyone expects banter to start with some boring dialogue then it continued on in the same vein for a time.
I've realized recently that the initial boring dialogue is simply the ice breaker to interesting new personalities. The boring dialogue remains until 2 strangers discover a common ground of interest.
Give the boring talk a go ... and who knows what path the conversation may take

But there are some people you will never have a common ground with... that remains dreadfully boring as ever...

D

deleted15807

I'm still a virgin. Not really by choice, but more by lack of social abilities. I really have no issue talking to girls or being friendly and whatnot, but when it comes to asking one out, I get very nervous and lose any semblance of guts I may have had. Furthermore, I'm not very good at small talk, so more involved conversations generally ensue, leading to a fairly quick "friend zoning."

Additionally, I'm a natural introvert and somewhat lazy. This is a terrible combination when it comes to meeting new people. I like to get out, but I'm not the type to organize anything or even really seek anything out. Basically, if I'm invited somewhere, I'll go. I don't get out nearly as often as I'd like to, and even when I do get out, it's rarely to anywhere where I'll have a chance to meet new people.

Add into that my tendency to be rather disagreeable and argumentative at times. Then take my natural introversion and mild-to-moderate shyness and mix it in with the wonders that 11 years of Catholic school can do for your social skills:rolleyes:.

Summary: I'm an introvert and shy. That makes getting anything fucking difficult.

Check out : love-shy.com - Home

If you have found your way here, then you may be one of us.
If most of the following statements apply to you, then it is very likely that you are love-shy.

• You are an adult male
  • You have never, or very rarely had girlfriends
  • You have never, or very rarely had sex
  • You have remained single while all your friends dated and got married
  • You are so inhibited by your fear of asking a woman for a date that you never do

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I lost my "virginity" (always found it a funny term for men not considering anal sex) at 16, and I'm glad I did.

I couldn't imagine staying a virgin.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Check out : love-shy.com - Home

If you have found your way here, then you may be one of us.
If most of the following statements apply to you, then it is very likely that you are love-shy.

• You are an adult male
  • You have never, or very rarely had girlfriends
  • You have never, or very rarely had sex
  • You have remained single while all your friends dated and got married
  • You are so inhibited by your fear of asking a woman for a date that you never do
You Scored 37

These are the typical scores for some groups of men

Self-Confidant Non-Shy Men: 114.3 Healthy College Males: 103.9 Young(University) Love-Shy Men: 47.8 Older Love-Shy Men: 38.6
Whoop-de-fucking do! Most of the questions I almost ended up shouting "why should I?" If there's anything to be learned is that
a) women are not mind readers
b) are human and should not be put on pedestals
c) are human enough that I can ignore as easily as males, minus the ever-so-cute female form.

Big_Adam

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok i'll bite .Im 19 and a virgin. I'm very shy around women and i have a bit of low self esteem (plus im only averagely endowed, so i guess im not the first guy to go trolling for women). However, im trying to work through it. Sex isn't this HAS TO HAPPEN thing, i just want it to happen when its right. Im not one to sleep around for casual sex. I would want to be in a relationship for a bit first.

Does this make me an odd man out?

I'm pretty much exactly on the same page

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
However, im trying to work through it. Sex isn't this HAS TO HAPPEN thing, i just want it to happen when its right. Im not one to sleep around for casual sex. I would want to be in a relationship for a bit first.

Does this make me an odd man out?

Nope. Makes you incredibly desirable, and a nice body to boot.

D

deleted15807

Most of the questions I almost ended up shouting "why should I?"

Apparently that's what shy guys do. Non-shy guys see something they want and they go for it. The situation is irrelevant at the extreme.