Where/how Do You Carry Your Phone?

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see many women carrying their phones in their back pockets (jeans). Is that a good idea? Don't the screens crack more easily that way? Does size matter?

Oh and...

Apple or Android? Or are you an oddball, still using a Blackberry or a Windows Phone holdout (nothing wrong with that, btw)?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I have pockets, I carry my phone there - not the back pocket though. I use a phone wallet so it’s way too big to fit in a small pocket. It also keeps me from tucking it in my bra. No pockets? Purse.

And I use an Android. Work phone is iPhone.

Reactions: MisterVIP

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The reason women carry their phones in a back pocket is because women's pants have no to microscopic front pockets. Most back pocket ladies take the phone out of their pocket before setting down. The phone lives on a flat surface until it's time to go.

I wear men's jeans. Phone in the front right pocket. If I am wearing leggings or yoga pants I tuck my phone into the waist band.

depends... I have a wallet that fits my phone (barely) with a wrist strap. if I'm not carrying my purse, i use that. if I'm not carrying anything else, I'll use pockets or waistband.

Hoodie/jacket pocket, or the pocket of a mini-backpack that I use instead of a purse day to day (with the only other thing inside the pocket being a cleaning cloth for said phone + my glasses). Android phone for days. Owning an iPod was enough reason for me to never go Apple for a phone. It's not my cuppa tea.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just did a factory reset, OS upgrade, restored only the apps I have actually been using, restored my SMS streams, my notes, charged two new batteries (it's terrible the way I treat phone batteries, but I run GPS and Bluetooth all day, and have to stay plugged in because I never notice when the power is below 30%, the appropriate time to recharge)a new screen protector and a new case. Phone might as well be brand new. My friend was suggesting I just replace it because it was slow and finnicky. Nope. After I spend $800+ on a device, I run it until the wheels fall off. That's that. When the V- series gets to 70 or 80, this phone will likely no longer be worth maintaining and repairing. Until then...

I spend most of my day in the car, or at the gym, or in my home gym. So, she lives in phone holders much of the time.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Work/commute:
Phone is on dash (non slippery), goes in back pocket from car to office. At office, on charger as it’s my music, appointment book and POS.

Not work, out and about:
In a jacket pocket or bag pocket. Sometimes, if I’m in hiking trousers, front pocket (see Ms ML for why).

Home:
on spot next to bed.

iPhone 5c. Looking to replace battery, possibly hop off the iOS train for the phone. I also use an iPad mini.

In my handbag on my side table.
Never in my bedroom.
My bedroom is a technology free zone as much as possible.
Never in my bra. I don’t want breast cancer or brain cancer for that matter.
Womens clothes have stupid small pockets that won't hold a smart phone so
Unless I'm in a hoodie or cargoes it's the handbag or backpack.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It stays in my mini backpack.

Never in my pockets, never in my bra.

Android.
I did bra once. I’ll never forget the suction sounds as I peeled it off slowly. Shudder.