Where is George W. Bush?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MS. PERINO: April, I'm just going to move on.

Go ahead, Ann.

Q The President, I don't think, has had a news conference in about two months. Does he feel that kind of forum doesn't really have much use for him now to communicate his ideas, especially on the financial developments?

MS. PERINO: I'm sure he misses you all greatly, but -- (laughter) -- look, I think we have to be realistic --

Q We miss him.

MS. PERINO: -- that if you guys had him in here, almost everything would be geared towards the election, and he is cognizant of that. He wants to make sure that this election remains fully focused on the two candidates. He's not on the ballot. This is about John McCain and Senator Obama and how those two present themselves to the American people. And the President is reluctant to be in a place where there's going to be a lot of competition for questions that get him involved in the 2008 campaign --

Q How about if we keep it to the he economy?

Q So no press conferences for the next 48 days?

MS. PERINO: Not -- I didn't say that. I just said that I'm telling you that one of the reasons that we haven't -- I mean, every time that I would think about maybe having a press conference, the news of the day would be such that we might be talking about lipstick on a pig, and the President is just not going to get involved in it.

Q Well, but in fairness, Dana, right now you've had an unprecedented week of economic financial news. He still is President of the United States --

MS. PERINO: I hear you on that.

Q -- through January 20th at noon.

MS. PERINO: No, I hear you on that and I will update you as soon as possible as to when you would hear from the President on the economy again.

Q But he just doesn't feel it useful at this point to discuss some --

MS. PERINO: Look, he's talked to -- he takes questions from the press, he's done individual questions. He hasn't had a press conference, but he does -- he has been talking to other individuals, or when we have pool at the bottom, two-and-two. But it's been -- I grant you that it's been a while and I understand that people want to hear from the President during this time. You heard from him Monday and I will update you as soon as I can as to when you'll hear from him again.

Q Are you suggesting that we might hear from him in the next, say, few days or five days or so?

Q Few minutes?

MS. PERINO: Not the next few minutes, but -- (laughter) -- well, yes, you will on Petraeus, but not on the economy. I don't know yet, Roger.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/rele...20080917-5.html

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Heehee, I sent out an email this morning to a few people asking 'where is the president?'. There were actually a few articles out asking the same question since Tuesday

However, since he was beginning to feel the heat on his ass, he spoke. He didn't say anything of substance, but at least his lips were moving and halfwitted drivel about the economy seeped out

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We haven't had a president for nigh on 8 years now.

There's been some guy making a mess... but his actions do not fit the limitations imposed on the office by law...

D

deleted15807

We do know Mr Bush isn't out campaigning with McCain as is VERY typical and expected for a president but the Republicans are trying to hide the unpopular president upstairs in the attic so no one associates McCain to Bush. And incredibily it seems to be working even though there is very little difference between the policies McCain intends to pursue.

Record Breaker! Bush Takes Most Vacation Days For Sitting President

President Bush recently spent his 879th day at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, since the Supreme Court, in all its great wisdom, elevated him to the presidency. This according to NPR's "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me," which noted that Bush broke former President Reagan's record for taking vacations from the White House.rIt's interesting to recall, all these wild years later, that George W. Bush did not decide to buy the ranch near Crawford until after he decided to run for president. Apparently, after Ronald Reagan's example, it seemed presidential to cut brush on a ranch, and Bush was seeking a brush with history. Or something.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Okay- George surfaced long enough to offer this little nugget of republican wisdom on the market:

"We must act now to protect our nation's economic health from serious risk," Bush said at a White House press conference. "There will be ample opportunity to discuss the origins of this problems. Now is the time to solve it."

SOooooooo.... Republicans believe they don't need to know HOW the market went blooey to Fix the market...

These are not the droids your looking for.

Attachments

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, you beyotches.
There shouldn't be any bi-partisan bickering now.
W will be the consummate champion.
The superhero our nation needs.

Conservatives are only human...:rolleyes: