Where is Putin?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

been buddies for a few weeks now duh'
Lavrov Kerry as well, yahooo, would have thought theyd be outright enemioes with
Putin and Syrias involvement?

Obama, Putin find common ground on Syria after Paris attacks

The presidents of the United States and Russia agree on a United Nations role to end the bloodshed in Syria, as the Paris attacks jolts leaders into seeking a united front against Islamic State jihadists.

history lesson

FYI
3rd installment of Russia
courtesy of me, to those who are interested ha' love it myself!!!

In Search of Putin's Russia - Reclaiming the Empire

Published on Nov 15, 2015
Twenty-five years after the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia seems to be on the rise once again, reasserting itself as a regional and global military power.Looking at its intervention in eastern Ukraine and the volatile civil war in Syria, this episode of In Search of Putin's Russia sees journalist and filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov explore Russia's attempts to rebuild its standing in the world by confronting unrest at its borders and beyond.But why is Putin so determined to involve the country in international conflicts?Nekrasov tries to find out if the idea of annexing Crimea is one shared by the population at large and reflects a nostalgia for the glory days of Russia's past.We meet Ukrainians who have fled to Russia, obtained citizenship and refuse to go back.Nekrasov visits the Republic of Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim region adjacent to war-torn Chechnya which has become the most violent province in the North Caucasus.We meet residents who have endured years of oppression, had their homes vandalised and destroyed by the state to quell dissent. Does the biggest threat to Russia's grand ambitions actually come from within?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NEVER
thought i would hear a British person say

'with Putins help'

BBC as well

UK sounds as tho they want to join in with the air strikes aka killings of civilians
aka solidarity with France/NATO/US

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

50 miollion dollar reward offered by Putin re blown up airliner
NO pissing around from Vlad ..
do yhou want the in greenbacks or equivalent in roubles '

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
NEVER
thought i would hear a British person say

'with Putins help'

BBC as well

UK sounds as tho they want to join in with the air strikes aka killings of civilians
aka solidarity with France/NATO/US

50 miollion dollar reward offered by Putin re blown up airliner
NO pissing around from Vlad ..
do yhou want the in greenbacks or equivalent in roubles '

Good ol' Vlad... who incidentally is also engaged in "air strikes aka killings of civilians".

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good ol' Vlad... who incidentally is also engaged in "air strikes aka killings of civilians"

yep
finally learnt kit off the US led coalitions/NATO who have had 5 years of it, compared to Vlad aka Russias 3 weeks worth
not to mention the US and Eu eaders are all hoping like hell Vlads going to 'do there deed' for them'
additt
the 50 mil is probably comming from your infamous CIA, renowned for paying dollarzs out for dodgy deals WW

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good ol' Vlad... who incidentally is also engaged in "air strikes aka killings of civilians".

Vlad is in a plane over Syria dropping bombs? Whu?!?!?

Is this veiled hatred for Russia? Like, Russia's 224 dead is justified because they are bombing ISIS?

EVERY SINGLE REPORT OF RUSSIA KILLING CIVILIANS ORIGINATES FROM THE "SYRIAN OBSERVATORY FOR HUMAN RIGHTS"

The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights is run by ONE man... who is... you guessed it, a SUNNI - Rami Abdulrahman.

Rami Abdulrahman hasn't been in Syria for 15 motherfucking years and operates out of a flat on Coventry. Let me repeat... it is a ONE man operation and he hasn't been to Syria in 15 years. He is being funded by the EU and an unnamed European country (UK). Here is is leaving the the Foreign and Commonwealth Office after meeting Britain’s Foreign Secretary, William Hague, in central London in November 21, 2011.

He literally has no ability to report anything from Syria with an ounce of accuracy. HE IS A PAID PROPAGANDIST.

The Western Media reports about daily numbers of ISIL/ISIS fighters and civilians killed in airstrikes in Syria that they get from Rami Abdulrahman... let me repeat... 100% of the DATA ON DEATHS OF CIVILIANS IN SYRIA COMES FROM THIS ONE GUY IN HIS FLAT IN COVENTRY. How the FUCK would he get the data one would need to accurately report the daily numbers of ISIL/ISIS fighters and civilians killed in airstrikes in Syria WHEN HE HASN'T BEEN IN THE COUNTRY FOR 15 YEARS? The answer is that he can't and doesn't need to because... HE MAKES THEM ALL UP.

Are civillians dying in Syria? Sure they are... it's a fucking war zone. But Rami Abdulrahman has no fucking clue how many and surely cannot report "daily totals". But... the LYING sack of shit Western media (who lied and successfully beat the public into a frenzy so we could wage illegal war as fast as possible)... Do you not remember the media perpetrated during the Bush administration? it wasn't just FOX News... it was everybody... including NPR, PBS, PRI and MSNBC. You know what? Just because Barack Obama got elected doesn't mean that the media stopped being lying sacks of shit... are you really that naive? They are the SAME LIARS... nothing has changed.

Of course, the Western Media and it's parallel NATO War Machine needs outrageous civilian death figures to justify calling Assad a "butcher"... they get them conveniently from Rami Abdulrahman who is a committed propagandist of the highest order.

Information of how Assad gassed his people ALL CAME FROM Rami Abdulrahman... 100% of the evidence that Assad is a "brutal dictator" comes from Rami Abdulrahman and only Rami Abdulrahman.

This is Frontline's sad attempt at getting to know Syria not from Rami Abdulrahman's propagandistic point of view, but from the point of view of the Assad regime and it's supporters. Even though it's deliberately slanted to show Assad in as negative a light as possible, it cannot help but show the truth. The people of Syria love Assad and want him to stay in power. You have been fed a HUGE amount of pro-ISIS propaganda disguised as "news reports" coming from Syria but were only the lies created by Rami Abdulrahman in his flat in Coventry.

Reactions: rbkwp

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Good ol' Vlad... who incidentally is also engaged in "air strikes aka killings of civilians"

yep
finally learnt kit off the US led coalitions/NATO who have had 5 years of it, compared to Vlad aka Russias 3 weeks worth
not to mention the US and Eu eaders are all hoping like hell Vlads going to 'do there deed' for them'
additt
the 50 mil is probably comming from your infamous CIA, renowned for paying dollarzs out for dodgy deals WW

Oh what? Y'all don't like my posts anymore? I mean hey, if we're interested in "truth" and ALL of it then what's the problem?

If Russia's retaliation for the MURDER of THEIR civilians is justified, and it certainly is, why not France's? Or is it that Russia is bombing the "right" civilians? Are we not concerned about the murder of civilians by ANYONE? Including those murdered by their OWN? Why fucking defend such actions with bullshit rationale about how Obama would murder a million Americans to stop ISIS/ISIL, WHATEVER??

And if we want to talk about meddling in the affairs of others, intervention, interference, or despot leaders with murder on their hands, why limit the discussion to those of the west? Why not include those who by political manipulations and other less savory devices have sought to SOLIDIFY their authoritarian control via the elimination of political dissidents and opponents and who sometimes put down any opposing points of views via violent confrontation? (Oh, I forgot, the Arab Spring movement wasn't the effort of people of various nations seeking greater freedoms and liberties. It was ALL in fact staged by Western operatives and those who'd fallen under their influence. RIGHT.)

If we're going to speak of "terrorists" why limit it to ISIS/ISIL? What about domestic terrorists in various locales, like those in America seeking to incite race wars or Boko Haram?

Why not tell "the rest of the story"?

My point being, the BLAME for despotism, connivance, corruption, interference, manipulation, and murder can be shared by most EVERYONE involved in this ongoing conflict.

And when one start finger-pointing SOME while ignoring the rest, we come of as rather myopic, IF not fucking disingenuous HYPOCRITES.

And we "seekers of the truth" certainly wouldn't want THAT, now WOULD WE?????

Last edited:
Reactions: 6inchcock

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oops, I was supposed to link to a picture or two. makes for a weird read if there isn't a picture after this line:

Here is is leaving the the Foreign and Commonwealth Office after meeting Britain’s Foreign Secretary, William Hague, in central London in November 21, 2011.

SyrianShillRami.jpg

And here is the "office" of The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights

OBSERVATORY-superJumbo.jpg

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I mean hey, if we're interested in "truth" and ALL of it then what's the problem?

What is this "truth" you are freaking out about? What "truth" are you enlightening us with?

If Russia's retaliation for the MURDER of THEIR civilians is justified, why not France's? Or is that Russia is bombing the "right" civilians?

Your selective ability to ignore the shit I post and post like it doesn't exist REALLY pisses me off. Your "facts" about civilian casualties are all made up and or amplified with propagandistic aims to demonize the Assad government.

Are we not concerned about the murder of civilians by ANYONE? Including those murdered by their OWN? Why fucking defend such actions with bullshit rationale about how Obama would murder a million Americans to stop ISIS/ISIL, WHATEVER??

You are judging Assad by the brutality with which you are told he "murders his own population" and can't wrap your mind around the fact that your precious Obama would do the same? It's not defending actions per say, it's calling your position hypocritical.

We don't even need a hypothetical because we already have some figures... 90% of the casualties from Obama's drone program are unintended targets... which is a fancy way for saying "innocent civilians". Obama already has a HORRIBLE record for murdering innocents yet that's totally fine with his supporters... and HE wants to call Assad a brutal dictator because some guy in a flat in Coventry who hasn't been in Syria for 15 years lies about dead civilians? I mean really... really b.c.?

And if we want to talk about meddling in the affairs of others, intervention, interference, or despot leaders with murder on their hands, why limit the discussion to those of the west? Why not include those who by political manipulations and other less savory devices have sought to SOLIDIFY their authoritarian control via the elimination of political dissidents and opponents and who put down any opposing points of views via violent confrontation?

I'm not talking about the "meddling in the affairs of others" or "despot leaders"... if you are referring to Putin, he has almost unanimous support among the Russian population... higher than any American leader at any given time of our country. And you obviously have no idea how much widespread support Assad has in his country... do you realize that the Christians of Syria are fighting alongside Assad? Do you not now realize that Sunni Islam has a vein of evil that runs through it through the form of the widespread takfiri among their sect? Assad's enemies are SUNNI and Sunni's are responsible for 100% of "Islamic terrorism". The Sunnis are LIARS and would spread any lie to get their Caliphate put into place.

My only point being, the BLAME for despotism, connivance, corruption, power struggles, manipulation, and murder can be shared by most EVERYONE involved in this ongoing conflict.

Actually, ISIS an invention of the Arab League + Turkey + NATO... it is YOU who are talking about despotism because it suits the axe you are grinding... Despotism has nothing to do with ISIS. ISIS is a dream that MANY Sunnis have had for hundreds of years... The leader of Syria could have been ANY non-Sunni and he would have gotten the same treatment. Saudi Arabia WANTS Damascus and will stop at NOTHING to get what they want. They are moving hell and earth to achieve their aim of consolidating the Levant under their brand of Salafism/Wahhabism. Syria has been in their sights and the whole story about Assad's despotism has been manipulated and manufactured so as to twist public opinion into somehow SIDING WITH THE TERRORISTS. You fell for it and it is YOUR fault not anyone else's... quasi righteous indignation doesn't change this fact. Lash out all you want, but this is a failure of cognition.

I've given you the facts but you ignore them... you have no respect for me so forgive me if I seem VERY angry with you. I expect more due to your high intelligence and the deep caring you have for mankind but I guess you just don't see me as your equal.

Okay, I got it b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
What is this "truth" you are freaking out about? What "truth" are you enlightening us with?
I am not freaking out about the truth. I'm just trying to include the rest of the story.
Your selective ability to ignore the shit I post and post like it doesn't exist REALLY pisses me off. Your "facts" about civilian casualties are all made up and or amplified with propagandistic aims to demonize the Assad government.
I have not ignored the shit you post and nothing I offered refuted ANY of it. I just find what you say too often one sided - full of wholesale generalization and condemnation of some, without recognition or acceptance of the roles of others. Nor do I need demonize Assad, I think. Civilians (those who aren't killed) are fleeing Syria in mass numbers and you speak as if Assad has nothing to do with that. You can't be serious.
You are judging Assad by the brutality with which you are told he "murders his own population" and can't wrap your mind around the fact that your precious Obama would do the same? It's not defending actions per say, it's calling your position hypocritical.
You suggest we are told lies about Assad's murder of his own people, yet you hypothesize that Obama would do the same. Which is it?? If it hasn't happened how would Obama do the same?
We don't even need a hypothetical because we already have some figures... 90% of the casualties from Obama's drone program are unintended targets... which is a fancy way for saying "innocent civilians". Obama already has a HORRIBLE record for murdering innocents yet that's totally fine with his supporters... and HE wants to call Assad a brutal dictator because some guy in a flat in Coventry who hasn't been in Syria for 15 years lies about dead civilians? I mean really... really b.c.?
So all those Syrians are fleeing from a lie? Or perhaps from Western bombs and drones, I take it.
I'm not talking about the "meddling in the affairs of others" or "despot leaders"...
Oh? Thought you WERE.
If you are referring to Putin, he has almost unanimous support among the Russian population... higher than any American leader at any given time of our country. And you obviously have no idea how much widespread support Assad has in his country... do you realize that the Christians of Syria are fighting alongside Assad? Do you not now realize that Sunni Islam has a vein of evil that runs through it through the form of the widespread takfiri among their sect? Assad's enemies are SUNNI and Sunni's are responsible for 100% of "Islamic terrorism". The Sunnis are LIARS and would spread any lie to get their Caliphate put into place.
...and Kim Jong-un has the unanimous support of his people as well.
Actually, ISIS an invention of the Arab League + Turkey + NATO... it is YOU who are talking about despotism because it suits the axe you are grinding... Despotism has nothing to do with ISIS. ISIS is a dream that MANY Sunnis have had for hundreds of years... The leader of Syria could have been ANY non-Sunni and he would have gotten the same treatment. Saudi Arabia WANTS Damascus and will stop at NOTHING to get what they want. They are moving hell and earth to achieve their aim of consolidating the Levant under their brand of Salafism/Wahhabism. Syria has been in their sights and the whole story about Assad's despotism has been manipulated and manufactured so as to twist public opinion into somehow SIDING WITH THE TERRORISTS. You fell for it and it is YOUR fault not anyone else's... quasi righteous indignation doesn't change this fact. Lash out all you want, but this is a failure of cognition.
I'll just post this: Bashar al-Assad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YOU can tell me which parts have been manipulated and manufactured - so I'll know not to FALL for it.

I've given you the facts but you ignore them... you have no respect for me so forgive me if I seem VERY angry with you. I expect more due to your high intelligence and the deep caring you have for mankind but I guess you just don't see me as your equal.

Okay, I got it b.c.
That makes TWO of us....... "my friend".

Reactions: 6inchcock

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh what? Y'all don't like my posts anymore? I mean hey, if we're interested in "truth" and ALL of it then what's the problem?

what an absolute crock
exacyly why i hate responding to fellow members
very few are prepared to acceopt anyones vuew and move on, a thread soon deterioates to a ferguson or gun control

you pointed oiut something, i replied with what i have noticed as a truth, but you choose to continue it with a lengthy diatribe

i am fully aware of what you originally stated re Vlad/replkied with a few simple observations, nothing personal intended, unless, your annoyed i mentioned a truth about what the CIA gets up to, and it is your CIA not mine, i am the owner of the 5 eyes biz, wouldernt be offended if anyone points it out for eg ..
all good carry on, express our views and move on, i really cant ber bothered with petty toing and froing bc ..

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

what an absolute crock
exacyly why i hate responding to fellow members
very few are prepared to acceopt anyones vuew and move on, a thread soon deterioates to a ferguson or gun control

you pointed oiut something, i replied with what i have noticed as a truth, but you choose to continue it with a lengthy diatribe

i am fully aware of what you originally stated re Vlad/replkied with a few simple observations, nothing personal intended, unless, your annoyed i mentioned a truth about what the CIA gets up to, and it is your CIA not mine, i am the owner of the 5 eyes biz, wouldernt be offended if anyone points it out for eg ..
all good carry on, express our views and move on, i really cant ber bothered with petty toing and froing bc ..

Don't know what "deterinates [sic] to a ferguson or gun control" is supposed to mean, but if you read my post you'll see it was a reply to Tripod. Was having trouble then with logging on, sluggish loading of pages, and posting (don't know who else was) and in trying to navigate it all, I must have linked your's by error.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
funny/odd you mention that re having problems logging in etc bc
i have also had a week of similar, mainly getting a post 3/4 completed , hitting caps lock and it posts it ha, i better mention it to Rob or he wont know

i mentioned ferguson and gun control, not because oof you, your posts or informative links, but because of a lot of the seeming garbage others have thrown in there, thats usually my job'

a final on it bc
getr tired of the way the US always think/accuse Russia of being the demon in anything it does, compared to the wests behaviour
have never denied theyre the Russians are just as capable of being arseholes
just because i stick up for them appears to irk some folk, well tuff, way it is and i will go on doing it
dont see any harm in such, like i have said many times
if NZ got in the shit, i would be a first to cry
;where are the Americans/British, because thats what you all do best, interfere/start wars/help out, or not ha'

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
funny/odd you mention that re having problems logging in etc bc
i have also had a week of similar, mainly getting a post 3/4 completed , hitting caps lock and it posts it ha, i better mention it to Rob or he wont know

i mentioned ferguson and gun control, not because oof you, your posts or informative links, but because of a lot of the seeming garbage others have thrown in there, thats usually my job'

a final on it bc
getr tired of the way the US always think/accuse Russia of being the demon in anything it does, compared to the wests behaviour
have never denied theyre the Russians are just as capable of being arseholes
just because i stick up for them appears to irk some folk, well tuff, way it is and i will go on doing it
dont see any harm in such, like i have said many times
if NZ got in the shit, i would be a first to cry
;where are the Americans/British, because thats what you all do best, interfere/start wars/help out, or not ha'

Well you raise some interesting points to which I'd like to elaborate on.

Like you, I get tired of how some (conversely) think/accuse the U.S. of being the demon in anything it does while Putin, Assad, and some others have (accordingly) done no wrong, ESPECIALLY considering, as YOU have so CORRECTLY observed, that when the shit hits the fan, the first thing other countries want to cry is, "Where are the Americans/British?"

I personally have nothing against Putin. As I've said before, he acts in his country's best interest just as Obama does his, and others do theirs. I even commented earlier in this thread of how impressed i was of his 60 Minutes interview and how some of what he said made sense.

What PISSES me is when people try to inject double standards, to make Obama/the U.S. out to be the demon, but Putin or Assad, as saints. Obama right now is fighting against a GOP legislative majority (backed by a recent 51% opinion poll) bent on blocking his proposal to allow 10,000 Syrian refugees safe haven in the U.S. Will Putin do likewise? Perhaps.

(Btw, fyi, this isn't my first "rodeo" on the subject of Syria. In the fall of 2013 I went around and around with a (former) member called U
nderguy (who, curiously, was also located in NZ). He too held the "West" and in particular, the U.S. to be sole villain in international affairs, while all others were inculpable. He also held that the entire Arab Spring movement was orchestrated by the West/U.S. and all the participants mere puppets.)

Perhaps NOT so coincidentally, he too ALSO had a nasty habit of insulting others with condescending comments and by telling (the rest of) us what we don't know shit about.

I always find it curious how certain people are quite careful and DISCERNING in characterizing that or those whom they support or defend. Yet they don't mind tossing out wholesale mis-characterizations and INSULTS - like how liberals are "pieces of garbage" who don't know what to think unless told to by their media. After which they have the f**king NERVE to complain about "no respect".

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

agree with you bc
everyones liable/culpable war/killing crazed

currently reserve the right to suggest Feance is reacting over the top, because it can, and has the worlds attention,probably sanction to do so ..
his mention of the possibility of chemical warfare/everybody knows of that possible scenario
'terror and fear mongering by there own President' it could be looked at
but he can say that with impunity/strike while he has the world stage sympathy

and my smile of the day re underguy comments bc, and its only 8am here ha
i liked him, i know he irritated certain people hence the ban i geuss
yes apparently as he stated a retired Australian econoomist living his years in NZ
i suppose i did not mind him, brcause he never hassled me, maybe my posts were not in depth/understandable enough for him to interpret or tackle ha

geuss thats the result of what youve said above ..

BREAKING NEWS

The House has voted to impose stringent screening on Syrian and Iraqi refugees, defying a threatened veto

Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:54 PM EST
The House voted overwhelmingly Thursday to slap stringent — and difficult to implement — new screening procedures on refugees from Syria seeking resettlement, seizing on the fear stemming from the Paris attacks and threatening to cloud President Obama’s Middle East policy.
The bill would require that the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and the director of national intelligence confirm that each applicant from Syria and Iraq poses no threat, a demand the White House called “untenable.” The measure received significant support from Democrats, even after administration officials implored them to abandon the measure on Thursday morning.
Read more »

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well there you have it. And preliminary indications are the Senate may follow suit. Exactly what terrorists (abroad and at home) want... division, extremists, radicals, chaos, war. And once again, the only one who may be left standing in the way of it all is the oft maligned Obama. Ironic, is it not?

Btw, I also want to clarify my comments re. Putin, which I believe were misleading when I said I personally have nothing against him. That was worded wrong. What I meant to say was that whatever misgivings I may have about Putin, it isn't PERSONAL, i.e. not based upon (what another suggested) as some "veiled hatred of Russia". On the CONTRARY:

I've expressed my concerns about some of what has reportedly occurred under Putin in various threads before. And while I'm no longer sure whether he has designs on the Ukraine or wants to restore the former Soviet Union (and yes, that is a shift from what I previously believed). I believe that he has his interests in Syria, I still believe reports critical of his treatment of political dissidents and opponents, and still believe laws re. gay expression in that country have had the effect of demonizing the LGBT community in Russia. Those are my opinions, however justified they may or may not be.

There is also that matter of the doping of athletes by those in high ranking. I firmly believe had that been a U.S. story we'd be hearing NO end to it. Here it's gotten only a glance. Putin's response indicates he had no knowledge of the matter. For a person such as he, who has a hand in so much, it's possible he didn't know. PROBABLE? Nyet.

To his credit, however, his country, economically, has done QUITE well under his leadership, and has, as a whole, seen a restoration of stability and national pride.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well there you have it. And preliminary indications are the Senate may follow suit. Exactly what terrorists (abroad and at home) want... division, extremists, radicals, chaos, war. And once again, the only one who may be left standing in the way of it all is the oft maligned Obama. Ironic, is it not?

I don't think it's ironic at all. Obama is TOTALLY capable of being the best leader this world has ever seen... he has all of the intelligence and enough compassion necessary to be the BEST.

Obama has a LOT of things he does right on a daily basis... his refusal to put boots on the ground is sooooooooooooo IMPORTANT!

I've expressed my concerns about some of what has reportedly occurred under Putin in various threads before. And while I'm no longer sure whether he has designs on the Ukraine or wants to restore the former Soviet Union (and yes, that is a shift from what I previously believed).

Well, in your defense, you had that meme shoved down your throat on a daily basis. The blame for that is on the lying sacks of shit media.

I believe that he has his interests in Syria, I still believe reports critical of his treatment of political dissidents and opponents, and still believe laws re. gay expression in that country have had the effect of demonizing the LGBT community in Russia. Those are my opinions, however justified they may or may not be.

He does have interests in Syria, Syria is one of Russia's major allies... they don't have many friends so losing one would be detrimental. Russia's circle of strength is soooooo vulnerable to ISIS.

Yeah the treatment of political dissidents isn't good... it's pretty bad. In Russia's defense, they are openly battling a hostile effort by NATO to destabilize their country politically that has been going on for several decades. Russia really has agents working to overthrow their government in the guise of NGOs and opposition political parties... innocent people get swept up in efforts to combat this destabilization... it's just the way it is. Obama has been HORRIBLE on the freedom of journalists BTW... journalists get murdered in the US too. Russia is homophobic but a lot of what has been shown in the Western media borders on demonization and propaganda... it's not that bad to be gay in Russia... gays get beat up and murdered here too, lets not forget that.

I don't think your opinions are unjustified at all.

There is also that matter of the doping of athletes by those in high ranking. I firmly believe had that been a U.S. story we'd be hearing NO end to it. Here it's gotten only a glance. Putin's response indicates he had no knowledge of the matter. For a person such as he, who has a hand in so much, it's possible he didn't know. PROBABLE? Nyet.

Now on this matter, your head's in the wrong place. The Western Media would NOT have given the U.S. more coverage had the tables been turned... negative stories about Russia are the Western Media's bread and butter... your just wrong on that. We haven't heard much about the doping allegations because they are allegations and not facts... ALSO there was a little bit about a terror attack in Paris that's been hogging the airwaves... and a terror attack in Nigeria... and a terror attack in Beirut... and a downed russian airliner from terrorism... the news is a little fucking busy to worry about allegations and claims.

Of course, that's all the West needs to convict Russia of anything right? Allegations and claims are enough for he West to throw the book at Russia... there needs to be an investigation because until then, it's just again... allegations and claims.

To his credit, however, his country, economically, has done QUITE well under his leadership, and has, as a whole, seen a restoration of stability and national pride.

Russia has always done more with less than the West has... they have been under economic sanctions of some sort or another for several decades... lesser countries would have fallen... but Russia is still standing strong. The Russian people are amazingly resourceful.