Where is Raal Lexx ?

SweetDiane: I've been lurking because, God :eek:, I'm so busy, but !!! I just noticed Raal Lexx doesn't post on this board anymore... for several weeks :( !
I was wondering if you know something about him, because I miss seeing him posting. (At least I miss him.) Is he all right ?

Sweet Diane

gigantikok: I'm sure he is just fine. Some people just get busy and have other things to tend to sometimes. Don't worry about it, I am sure he'll be back eventually.

longtimelurker: I believe that he mentioned a while back that he was returning to Romania. He probably just has some issues there that prevent him from posting.

AnonyMs: i just sent him an email at his personal email addy so perhaps he will respond to that. I, too, had noticed he had been quiet of late.

prepstudinsc: I know he was finishing up his course work for his graduate degree, so he's probably been tied up with that and moving, etc.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Isn't it amazing that we have loving watchdogs who worry about our wellbeing all over the world?

Our elderly neighbors should be so lucky.

I was helping the Lions Club deliver fruit baskets over the Christmas Holidays once. The guy who was driving had borrowed a hearse from a Lion mortician since it had so much room in it for the baskets and boxes. We drove up in front of one place where a reclusive old lady lived, an unkempt house with closed shutters and overgrown bushes and grass, and left a huge basket of fruit and canned goods on the porch and walked back to the car. The poor old gal came running out onto the porch yelling, "I'm not dead! I'm not dead!"

ORCABOMBER: Pecker! ;D

Hell is a place without your humour, man!

bblumbee: :D Pecker, sweetheart, you crack me up. Nut! lol

da_blissmachine: I remember when I was unable to reach the board for 3 months... people were researching me online, were probably about to stalk me down to see if I was still alive.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Pecker link=board=meetgreet;num=1067157935;start=0#5 date=10/26/03 at 17:22:40]
I was helping the Lions Club deliver fruit baskets over the Christmas Holidays once.  The guy who was driving had borrowed a hearse from a Lion mortician since it had so much room in it for the baskets and boxes.  We drove up in front of one place where a reclusive old lady lived, an unkempt house with closed shutters and overgrown bushes and grass, and left a huge basket of fruit and canned goods on the porch and walked back to the car.  The poor old gal came running out onto the porch yelling, "I'm not dead!  I'm not dead!"

[/quote]

That's why at my funeral home we don't use the hearse for anything but picking up bodies at the hospital or going on funerals. The van is what we use for doing stuff around town because it freaks too many people out. I personally think it's kind of funny to scare people with the hearse, but most people don't share my humor about it. One night, I took one of my friends out for a spin in the hearse because he wanted to ride in it. I told him he should lie down in the back and sit up and wave at people when we got to a red light. He ended up sitting in the front seat, but he did wave to some people as we went by. We stopped to eat dinner, but I parked the car out back behind the restaurant where it was hidden from view of most people. I didn't want people to think someone had died in the restaurant.
AFter that, we took it back to the funeral home and went back home. People just don't see the fun driving a glorified station wagon around town. They only think "death." The word hearse actually comes from teh Latin word "hirpex" which means rake, because back in the early days of Christian funerals, there were men who carried a metal frame over the casket. It had spikes like teeth on a rake, on which candles were stuck.
It gets complicated, but it goes back to the ancient Hebrew rules and regulations regarding a body never being left in the dark and always having the light of God shine upon it. Hence the Catholic (and Episcopalian) tradition of having candles at the head and foot of the casket.

Ok, that's enough of Funeral History 101 for right now....

AnonyMs: Prepstud, considering that it is All Hallowed Eve, I think more funeral lore is certainly in order. Do tell us more!

prepstudinsc: LOL Well that's why I posted that little bit of funeral history....I thought it appropos for the day.

What other kind of stuff do you want to know?

Oh, and by the way, all those stories of people sitting up in caskets or the back of the hearse, whatever.....pure fiction.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My best friend in 7th grade was the son of a funeral director.

I asked him why his hearse had a radio in it. He responded that he often had to drive out of state to retrieve a body for local burial and asked me if I'd enjoy a 600-mile drive with a corpse and no loud music.

:D

awellhungboi: Very interesting, Prepstud! I admit to having a certain Goth streak to me. I'd love to have a hearse. One of those old '50's Caddies. :D

inquiringmind: HI Guys,
Why did y'all bring up the radio in the hearse? Do any of you remember that unbelievably ill commercial from a few years ago ,I think it was for memorex tapes where the hearse driver was playing a totally cranked up tape of"Another one bites the dust" ? That fool was driving down the street with the dear and departed riding shotgun! I think I laughed until I cried....

Inquring mind

P.S. Heh, Magnificent one, want to see my "Elvira Gulch" striped stockings? ;)

awellhungboi: hehe . . . I love those striped stockings--they drive me wild! Ripped spiderweb fishnets too. rawr.

(If this hearse is rocking, don't come a'knocking)

prepstudinsc: [quote author=inquiringmind link=board=meetgreet;num=1067157935;start=0#16 date=10/31/03 at 17:55:29]HI Guys,
Why did y'all bring up the radio in the hearse? Do any of you remember that unbelievably ill commercial from a few years ago ,I think it was for memorex tapes where the  hearse driver was playing a totally cranked up tape of"Another one bites the dust" ? That fool was driving down the street with the dear and departed riding shotgun! I think I laughed until I cried....  

Inquring mind

P.S. Heh, Magnificent one, want to see my "Elvira Gulch" striped stockings?  ;) [/quote]

That ad was for Aiwa stereos.....when that ad first came out, I was working at another funeral home. We had a big staff lounge with a TV. Every time that ad came on, we'd crank the TV up and all just laugh till we cried. I still laugh when I think about the ad....quite clever!

When I'm driving the hearse, I usually have the radio on....when I'm driving it for a funeral, I keep it turned down pretty low, but if I'm driving to the gas station or to go pick up a body or something, I play the radio like I do in my personal car. It's not like the passenger in the back really cares too much.

inquiringmind: Hi Guys,
If you want to see the Aiwa commercial I found it on the web! Go to google and type in Aiwa another one bites the dust . It will take you to a site called "What you need to know" under the heading "Sickest jokes" and it will take you right to the video. Enjoy ! Happy Halloween!

Inquiring mind