Where is the love?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Oct 19 2005, 07:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Oct 19 2005, 07:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surferboy@Oct 19 2005, 01:11 AM
Because, and though I don&#39;t agree with it, it&#39;s their right. It&#39;s their child, the law says they can circumize them. End of story. People have their hearts and minds set. Either yer for circumszing, or yer not. There&#39;s no reason for these anti-circ, and anti-uncut topics.
[post=353094]Quoted post[/post]​
So, like, yer saying that since it&#39;s like, their child, they have a right to do amputations on the child? Is it ok even if they have their hearts and minds set on cutting off a finger instead of a chunk of his penis?

If there is no reason for these circ threads, why do you even read or reply?
[post=353126]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

So, I stated my opinion in (another) topic about circumsizing and all. And this is the response I get from DC? When the hell did people get so fuckion childish here? Like, seriously. There was no reason for that. So what if my opinions are the total opposite of yers? And, actually, they&#39;re not even totally opposite. I said I don&#39;t think it&#39;s right to cut an infant, however, it&#39;s the business of the parents, not anyone elses&#39;. So, what happens when I state my opinion? I get mocked as if we were all in 2nd grade.

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He was probably still wound up after argueing with me on the &#39;can we ever understand each other&#39; thread :happy:

We may not see eye to eye but he seems reasonable enough normally, he must have been having an off moment

Maybe we all need to try and get along more :grouphug:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by surferboy+Oct 20 2005, 03:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Oct 20 2005, 03:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, I stated my opinion in (another) topic about circumsizing and all. And this is the response I get from DC? When the hell did people get so fuckion childish here? Like, seriously. There was no reason for that. So what if my opinions are the total opposite of yers? And, actually, they&#39;re not even totally opposite. I said I don&#39;t think it&#39;s right to cut an infant, however, it&#39;s the business of the parents, not anyone elses&#39;. So, what happens when I state my opinion? I get mocked as if we were all in 2nd grade.
[post=353405]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

So I ask you three times about a particular point, you don&#39;t answer, I get frustrated, and make a bad choice. For that sin, you have called me "real fuckin mature," "ass," "so fuckin childish," and "in 2nd grade." You even started an new thread devoted to me. You still never answered my question, Nixxy... I&#39;ll leave it at that.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dorset
@Oct 20 2005, 04:55 AM
He was probably still wound up after argueing with me on the &#39;can we ever understand each other&#39; thread :happy:

We may not see eye to eye but he seems reasonable enough normally, he must have been having an off moment

Maybe we all need to try and get along more :grouphug:
[post=353409]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Thanks, Dorset. I do enjoy our banter. It is possible to examine ideas without feeling personally attacked, and believe it or not, if I am presented with well-crafted, logical debate on an issue (without simply using the "cause I said so" clause) I am always open to analyzing whether or not my viewpoint holds water. I use the same criteria for these threads as I do for religion: If you cannot examine your own beliefs, and still believe them, then perhaps you should not believe it in the first place.

Surferboy, I know there are some members who choose a target and attack relentlessly, we all know who the attackers and their targets are... but I&#39;m not one of those. Surely if you have read more than a few of my posts, you will know that.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So I ask you three times about a particular point, you don&#39;t answer, I get frustrated, and make a bad choice. For that sin, you have called me "real fuckin mature," "ass," "so fuckin childish," and "in 2nd grade." You even started an new thread devoted to me. You still never answered my question, Nixxy... I&#39;ll leave it at that.

What question is that?

Surferboy, I know there are some members who choose a target and attack relentlessly, we all know who the attackers and their targets are... but I&#39;m not one of those. Surely if you have read more than a few of my posts, you will know that.

This topic isn&#39;t just about you. It&#39;s about the site in general. I know yer not a targeter. Still, there seems to be a lot of hate goin on here. This place used to be all mellow, save for the occasional troll, which we all dealt with. I get busy with work and all, I come back, and I hear there&#39;s some people who are all racist and junk here? Like, what the hell is that about? So, no, this topic isn&#39;t just about what you said. And if you take back what you said, then I&#39;ll take back what I said.

And yes, I have read yer posts before. Which is why I was tottally taken aback when you all of a sudden started to mock me.

He was probably still wound up after argueing with me on the &#39;can we ever understand each other&#39; thread happy.gif

Maybe we all need to try and get along more grouphug.gif

Taking something out on someone else for the actions of another is wrong.

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A suggestion for you - lighten up a bit

You seem to have a problem with people who think differently to you, or &#39;trolls&#39; as you call them
So what if someone has a racist view? Are they not entitled to that view?
And those that post junk? Remember that one man&#39;s junk is another man&#39;s gold

Sorry if that seems a bit harsh and just like with your original post my rant is not aimed purely at you.
It&#39;s just that the only problem that I&#39;ve found on this site is almost the opposite of yours, there is a group of &#39;liberal&#39; thinkers who seem to go mental if you dare suggest anything other than sitting round a camp fire singing songs of peace together
I have found that the people on here who make posts about peace and understanding get the most dismissive about people who think otherwise. Don&#39;t they realise how hypocritical they are?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by surferboy+Oct 20 2005, 10:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Oct 20 2005, 10:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Taking something out on someone else for the actions of another is wrong.
[post=353506]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

No way I could possibly agree more. I was not "wound up" from a different thread.
<!--QuoteBegin-Dorset
@Oct 20 2005, 11:06 AM
So what if someone has a racist view? Are they not entitled to that view?

It&#39;s just that the only problem that I&#39;ve found on this site is almost the opposite of yours, there is a group of &#39;liberal&#39; thinkers who seem to go mental if you dare suggest anything other than sitting round a camp fire singing songs of peace together
I have found that the people on here who make posts about peace and understanding get the most dismissive about people who think otherwise. Don&#39;t they realise how hypocritical they are?
[post=353514]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Yes, someone is entitled to a racist view. They are just not entitled to use that view as justification for causing harm to another. That touches on an issue I have big problems with - people who confuse "freedom of speech" with "freedom of action." But that is another topic for another thread.

Most of us "liberal thinkers" don&#39;t go mental if you dare to suggest anything other than the campfire songs... my point, that almost no one seems to get, is that you are entitled to your views, as long as they only have effects on you, and only you. I&#39;m not talking about people who are so easily offended that they get bent if they hear something that they interpret as offensive. Some poor, bitter, twisted people spend their LIVES looking for things to be offended about. (My personal favorite example is the Southwest Airlines flight, running a bit behind... the flight attendant, during boarding, announces over the PA "Eenie, meenie, minie, moe, grab a seat, it&#39;s time to go&#33;" and suddenly there is a discrimination lawsuit.)

It is entirely different to hold certain views, go to a klan meeting, and burn a cross in someone&#39;s yard, claiming it is your "right to free speech." Or beating up someone you suspect of being homosexual. Views are fine, actions often are not. All I am saying is that each person should be responsible and accountable for their own actions. What you do in the privacy of your own home, among consenting adults, is not one else&#39;s business. It is your soverign right. And no one has the right or authority to regulate what you do in the privacy of your own home, among consenting adults, regardless of their views of what you do.

I have not been a member as long as surferboy, so I can&#39;t really comment on how the board has changed. There are many members with whom I have stimulating conversations, some who just irritate me, and others I just ignore. It&#39;s up to me to decide - other people can only make you unhappy if you allow them to.

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 20 2005, 03:37 PM
my point, that almost no one seems to get, is that you are entitled to your views, as long as they only have effects on you
[post=353530]Quoted post[/post]​
I do understand your point and it is the same as mine.

For example all I need to do is say I am a christian and even though I&#39;ve never tried to convert anyone on this site or even say that he must exist I get called things like &#39;deluded&#39; or &#39;brainwashed&#39; or &#39;narrow minded&#39;. Some have even said stupid even though I&#39;ve never tried to enforce my views on anyone, I haven&#39;t caused harm to anyone, yet their are still so many on here who will attack my belief because of their pre-conception of who a christian is

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Dorset@Oct 20 2005, 12:04 PM
For example all I need to do is say I am a christian and even though I&#39;ve never tried to convert anyone on this site or even say that he must exist I get called things like &#39;deluded&#39; or &#39;brainwashed&#39; or &#39;narrow minded&#39;. Some have even said stupid even though I&#39;ve never tried to enforce my views on anyone, I haven&#39;t caused harm to anyone, yet their are still so many on here who will attack my belief because of their pre-conception of who a christian is
[post=353539]Quoted post[/post]​
Those are the ones, Dorset, whom I say have made atheism their religion. LOL I&#39;m going to call them fundamentalist atheists from now on. I&#39;m really not quite sure what I should call my beliefs and disbeliefs. Odd as it may sound, I think that perhaps god does actually exist for those who believe, and actually does not exist for those who don&#39;t. Perhaps you and I are a nexus between parallel universes. I just don&#39;t know - but I&#39;m happy for you that you do.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Dorset+Oct 20 2005, 12:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dorset &#064; Oct 20 2005, 12:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@Oct 20 2005, 03:37 PM
my point, that almost no one seems to get, is that you are entitled to your views, as long as they only have effects on you
[post=353530]Quoted post[/post]​
I do understand your point and it is the same as mine.

[/b][/quote]

Try sayin you totally disagree with the Pope and the Catholic Church. Wow, was I ashed for that one :p

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Oct 20 2005, 12:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Oct 20 2005, 12:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dorset@Oct 20 2005, 12:04 PM
Those are the ones, Dorset, whom I say have made atheism their religion. LOL I&#39;m going to call them fundamentalist atheists from now on. I&#39;m really not quite sure what I should call my beliefs and disbeliefs. Odd as it may sound, I think that perhaps god does actually exist for those who believe, and actually does not exist for those who don&#39;t. Perhaps you and I are a nexus between parallel universes. I just don&#39;t know - but I&#39;m happy for you that you do.
[post=353557]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

So, yer Agnostic?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by surferboy+Oct 20 2005, 01:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Oct 20 2005, 01:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Try sayin you totally disagree with the Pope and the Catholic Church. Wow, was I ashed for that one :p
[post=353571]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Oh shit, I nearly broke a rib laughing at that one. Let me guess who lit the first match...
<!--QuoteBegin-surferboy
@Oct 20 2005, 01:32 PM
So, yer Agnostic?
[post=353572]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Not even really sure that is the right word. Agnostic literally means "not knowing", suggestion someone who doesn&#39;t know, neither believes or disbelieves. I just have an absence of religious beliefs - actually closer to the definition of "atheist", but in the wake of destruction by Madeline Murray O&#39;hare (not sure how to spell her name) I am reluctant to call myself that, either. I just say I have no religious beliefs, and try to avoid the labels.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Oct 20 2005, 01:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Oct 20 2005, 01:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by surferboy@Oct 20 2005, 01:31 PM
Try sayin you totally disagree with the Pope and the Catholic Church. Wow, was I ashed for that one :p
[post=353571]Quoted post[/post]​
Oh shit, I nearly broke a rib laughing at that one. Let me guess who lit the first match...
<!--QuoteBegin-surferboy
@Oct 20 2005, 01:32 PM
So, yer Agnostic?
[post=353572]Quoted post[/post]​
Not even really sure that is the right word. Agnostic literally means "not knowing", suggestion someone who doesn&#39;t know, neither believes or disbelieves. I just have an absence of religious beliefs - actually closer to the definition of "atheist", but in the wake of destruction by Madeline Murray O&#39;hare (not sure how to spell her name) I am reluctant to call myself that, either. I just say I have no religious beliefs, and try to avoid the labels.
[post=353581]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Ah. Glad ot have made ya laugh though.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC, that seems to really piss people off the most, if you won&#39;t identify yourself so as to be pidegoen-holed.

I could accept someone as being religious or not religious, personally I couldn&#39;t say which "side" is right. The problem comes when you won&#39;t declare your alliance for any one position, because you really don&#39;t fucking know, and everyone on both sides gives you shit for it. Most of the time my confusion in being able to say whether or not I accept the existance of God comes in the attempt tp define God, so what chance have I really got? No, I don&#39;t believe in a guy in a white dress and a long beard, but I can&#39;t say that there isn&#39;t or was never a reason for existance in the first place. How far across the line do I have to reach to be acceptable?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 21 2005, 03:38 AM
DC, that seems to really piss people off the most, if you won&#39;t identify yourself so as to be pidegoen-holed.

I could accept someone as being religious or not religious, personally I couldn&#39;t say which "side" is right. The problem comes when you won&#39;t declare your alliance for any one position, because you really don&#39;t fucking know, and everyone on both sides gives you shit for it. Most of the time my confusion in being able to say whether or not I accept the existance of God comes in the attempt tp define God, so what chance have I really got? No, I don&#39;t believe in a guy in a white dress and a long beard, but I can&#39;t say that there isn&#39;t or was never a reason for existance in the first place. How far across the line do I have to reach to be acceptable?
[post=353800]Quoted post[/post]​
Righto, Madame. I have broken more than just a few brains...

them: "What religion are you?"
me: "None of the above."
them: "Huh? Is that christian?"
me: "No, none of the above."
them: "Oh, then you&#39;re atheist?"
them: "Oh, I get it, you&#39;re agnostic."
them: "Fuck off, asshole."

It really does just drive some people completely batshit fuckin nuts if you refuse their labels.

Ah, and lest someone attack me for another thread regarding labels, let me say this: if you choose a label, then choose the correct one. And yes, you can label one facet of yourself but not another.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 21 2005, 02:38 AM
I could accept someone as being religious or not religious, personally I couldn&#39;t say which "side" is right.

Neither side is right in itself. People are different, and there&#39;s no &#39;one-size-fits-all&#39; in matters like religion or personal philosophy. What is &#39;right&#39; is what works for you. If lack of religion is what fits you best, wear it with a clear conscience. I can respect that.

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Oct 21 2005, 03:20 PM
did this shit really need a whole new thread?
[post=353954]Quoted post[/post]​

Infers you obviously don&#39;t understand the gravity of the situation. Statement punctuated with eye rolling smiley.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Oct 21 2005, 03:20 PM
did this shit really need a whole new thread?
[post=353954]Quoted post[/post]​
If someone paid his membership fees and wants to start the thread, well, then yes... it&#39;s pretty easy to skip over the ones that don&#39;t interest you.

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 21 2005, 03:35 PM
If someone paid his membership fees and wants to start the thread, well, then yes... it&#39;s pretty easy to skip over the ones that don&#39;t interest you.
[post=353963]Quoted post[/post]​

Snottily suggests you take a look at OP&#39;s profile, where you&#39;ll find the words "Active Member," not "Gold Member."

Scolds anyone in advance that would take this opportunity to make a joke about penises, Austin Powers, etc.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 21 2005, 08:28 PM
Snottily suggests you take a look at OP&#39;s profile, where you&#39;ll find the words "Active Member," not "Gold Member."

Scolds anyone in advance that would take this opportunity to make a joke about penises, Austin Powers, etc.
[post=354049]Quoted post[/post]​
Mea culpa, absinthium. Mea peccata.