Where should I keep my condom?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I heard that keeping it in your wallet is bad because it gets too hot in there, which eventually deteriorates/breaks down the condom. If I keep it in my front pockets, by the end of the night it's all crumpled and as warm as my body, so where should I put it to stop this from happening?

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Certainly a valid question and also a concern. We all know that keeping a spare in the wallet is not good for the long haul.

May I humbly suggest that placing one or even two in the wallet prior to an anticipated evening of fun out on the town would be the recommended practice. We all carry our keys in a pocket, yet we do not sleep with them in bed.

In summary, take them when a need is anticipated, just do not resort to the wallet as a storage place. The Night Stand, or the drawers in the Bathroom are both excellent places to store them.

Great topic and one that needed to be asked.

By the way, the topic originator appears to be endowed.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
never had that problem... lol I know when its going to happen and right now not looking into it. ")

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I heard that keeping it in your wallet is bad because it gets too hot in there, which eventually deteriorates/breaks down the condom. If I keep it in my front pockets, by the end of the night it's all crumpled and as warm as my body, so where should I put it to stop this from happening?

It is great that the word is getting out not to store your condoms in your wallet but sometimes the message gets over simplified because we try to make it as fool proof as possible for all the morons of the world.

The key word is "eventually". It is the prolonged exposure to heat and pressure that causes it to break down. A few hours in a wallet should not be a problem. A few days, and especially weeks, stored in a wallet can be a problem.

Research indicates that the life span of a condom in a wallet in your back pocket is just under two weeks, but I wouldn't keep it in there for nearly that long.

In your socks. Your feet are generally colder. They're one of the last things you take off, and it's not obvious.

D_Merringtonne Meathead

Experimental Member
Media
Well if you're married and looking for fun, you can't keep them where they can be found by the spouse! I store mine in my office desk, and take two with me if I anticipate needing them. On business trips I buy a pack at the airport; any unused ones go back in the desk. I agree carrying them around in the wallet for more than a day or two is not a good plan: we want them to work properly after all.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I wouldn't recommend EVER putting a condom in a wallet, I tried it once but it would always just move to one side of the package and break the seam so the lube etc would leak and it would dry out.

Something like this:

Cool Custom Condom Holder Case - 150+ Personalized Designs

or

Condomania Online | Cases

are always nice.

SOme choices for men and women there. Some hold more that others. But I find that using a condom holder really helps out. Just put in your pocket and the case keeps um safe.

I haven't seen these before they seem like a good option i was also thinking that a business card case would be good, that would least prevent the crushing effects.