Where The Fuck Is My Phone?

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you ever called your phone to find out where it was? You know it's around somewhere, but you can't find it. Have done that a few times myself - tonight is the latest. Could not find my cordless handset, so used the cell to determine where it was and followed the ring. Turned out it was under the covers in my bed. Have done the reverse to find the cell.

Anyone else? Or am I a totally retarded dude? (different issue I guess...never mind...haha)

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nope, you're not alone.

My problem is that my cell plan is cheap enough that I don't bother with a land line. What I have to do is go down to my buildings foyer and buzz my own apartment, then race back up to hear it ringing.

wasn't a problem with my old phone as it would ring intermittently to tell me that a message had been left if I didn't get upstairs fast enough. My current cell just shows a visual indication that I have a message. Well if I can't find the phone in the first place I'm not going to see that am I?

No help whatsoever!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
My cordless has the button thing.. problem with the cell is I frequently have it on vibrate.. so I loose it and haha I really have to look to find it. Under the covers it usually is because I spend so much time in my bed on the computer.. I throw things beside me, and roll over sleep, and they are still under the duvet.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yup, I do that a lot! Then I walk around the house with the cordless, like an idiot, listening for the cell to ring. It seems I often lose my cell in the car, as I tend to throw my purse in the back seat and it falls out onto the floor. :redface:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm always misplacing my mobile, unfortunately I can't remember the number and the only place I have it is - yes you guessed it, on my mobile so I have to wait for it to turn up or if I really need it get a friend to phone me.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yup! I'm always misplacing it. I call it from my home phone once I page the reciever to find it. LOL! I'm kind of like the absent minded professor. Oh and I misplace my keys and my glasses regularly... LOL

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Have you ever called your phone to find out where it was? You know it's around somewhere, but you can't find it. Have done that a few times myself - tonight is the latest. Could not find my cordless handset, so used the cell to determine where it was and followed the ring. Turned out it was under the covers in my bed. Have done the reverse to find the cell.

Anyone else? Or am I a totally retarded dude? (different issue I guess...never mind...haha)
I usually miislay it and then realize the biggest horror is that I'd shut it off and can't find it by calling.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maybe you shoved it up your arse.

Oh, no: old thread.

That's why I set it to vibrate....:biggrin1:

I wish there was a special code to press when you call your own phone to find it and the phone is set to silent/vibrate. A code that would make the phone ring. I lose mine all the time!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's why I set it to vibrate....:biggrin1:

I wish there was a special code to press when you call your own phone to find it and the phone is set to silent/vibrate. A code that would make the phone ring. I lose mine all the time!
I'll tell you what is really terrible: hearing your cell phone ring in an unknown location when you are deaf on one side and consequently have no reliable auditory impression of the direction from which a sound is coming. I can only locate a sound either by judging the resonance characteristics of the space around it or by turning around to find the direction in which it seems loudest. :frown1:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Last summer I had to ring my mobile and the waiter at the beach bar down the road picked it up. :icon11: