Where to buy big shoes?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Imported

Gold Member

gwilson: I know its been discussed a few times on this site that there doesn't seem to be a link between dick & shoe size, but I've noticed that quite a few of the guys here do have bigger than average feet (like me).

I thought it'd be a good place to get a few names of brands, shops (especially in the UK), sites or whatever, where you guys look to get big shoes and trainers, as its proving to get harder for me each time I step up a size :(

One site I've found so far is oddballshoe.com, I haven't bought from there yet, but their range and sizes seem good.. pity about international shipping.

BTW, I'm size UK 15 / US 16 / EURO 49

Hoping you can help,

Coco 8)

2. Imported

Gold Member

donkeyboy1980: When I was in my young teens, I was size 12, and getting school shoes each year was a nightmare :'(

They cater really badly for that end of the market. Usually the only shoes you can get are basically crap.

3. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I have a friend who wears 17s - he swears by Eastbay, which is a catalog-only company out of the US. Don't know if they deliver to the UK but they do carry up to size 22 1/2. http://www.eastbay.com

4. Imported

Gold Member

cypher13: I have had good luck with Rochester Big and Tall - they have shops in most larger cities and do mail order via catalogue.

They are often pricey, but you get what you pay for in terms of quality and service.

A

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Shoe problems. Some nights I work with a large drag queen. Can you imagine trying to women's shoes in 19EEE?

6. Imported

Gold Member

Alligator_Jack: well i know theres a relation between height and shoe size, i havent had a problem yet finding shoes, but being size 13 im just about there

7. Imported

Gold Member

lilAmy: well it would suck for a 7 foot man to have size 7 feet now wouldnt it?

8. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Yes - not the steadiest base in the world for a 7-footer to stand on.

Coco- one thing you could try, too, is just google it: type, "shoes, size, whatever #" into google or the search engine of your choice and see where it directs you to...make sure you include UK if you want to make sure it's a local company.

Just a thought

7x6&c

9. Imported

Gold Member

biggbenn8: go to

www.largefeet.com

great place, they ship, check out the markdown section..

and they have almost EVERY size...

size 14 here...

sons are 13 and 15

10. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: I wear size 18 shoes. It's always been a nightmare to find shoes but like most of you said there's all kinds of good big & tall websites, I only shop for clothes & shoes online.

11. johnstone1985

johnstone1985 New Member

I don't know if you get these stores where you are in the UK, but have you tried the "Brunswich Shoe Warehouse". I went shopping for new trainers on Thursday and found that they do up to a size 18! Most of the larger shoes were addidas/Fila, but still very modern.

Thought that might help - and they have a 50% sale as well! ;D

12. Imported

Gold Member

bigmike11: Heya, coco...
    It may not be your thing, but if you wear boots, a good place to get them is at an Army surplus store. I have really large feet (size 14 EEE) and I get my boots there... They have ALL sorts of sizes that are really large and really small.

13. Imported

Gold Member

croixbull: Hey Coco,
    I have 16 4E . I end up wearing New Balance cause they fit. Nothing else is wide enough. Try Bigshoes.com, cabelas.com. kingsize.com Now if I could just get size 13 extra wide gloves ...

14. Imported

Gold Member

GMBigCountry69: oddballshoe.com!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted