Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I pretty sure that everyone remembers where they were when this happened.

2. B_andyo

B_andyo New Member

at the dentist! didnt go to school!

3. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    In bed, just waking up.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Sitting on the runway at Kennedy Airport on a United Flight to LA!

5. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    At school.

6. ostrich egg

ostrich egg Member

I was at the county fair showing my goats, they made an announcement that the world trade center and the capitol building had been hit by airpanes, when i got back to school we just spent the rest of the day watching the news and at the time the only footage they had was of one big chunk breaking off of the buildings and falling to the ground, i didnt even find out they had collapsed until the next day

7. Osiris

Gold Member

I was at a friend's place on Portrero Hill in San Francisco. I remember my cell phone ringing and noticed I had missed about 12 calls. I listened to the messages and everyone telling me they feared a plane was heading for downtown San Francisco. I remember bidding my friend farewell and caught a cab to get to the ferry terminal to get home. The scene in downtown could only be likened to when they are evacuating Tokyo when Godzilla comes. By about 11 AM, it was deserted.

I remember spending the rest of the day with full glasses of wine completely shocked at the sight of the towers falling over and over on the TV.

8. No_Strings

Gold Member

High School Mathematics, excited about my birthday tomorrow. :rolleyes:

9. DGirl

Gold Member

I was in Italy working at the post office.

10. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I was dropping off a person from work at Newark Intl. Airport. (this is where United 93 left from) We heard the info on the news, but they said it was a small plane that hit. I could see the smoke coming out of the Twin Towers from the highway.

11. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    already at the beach...........someone had to call me on my cell phone to tell me what was happening.......I thought they were fucking with me

12. mgnm

mgnm Member

Waking up to my alarm clock radio, listening to a live feed from the Howard Stern show.

13. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yes I was listening to him too, He stayed on until almost noon (NYC time) that day.

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

On September 11, 2001--

The night before I always leave the TV on. I sleep better with the noise.
    I had a dream about being in Bruce Willis' DIE HARD movie or something. I
    woke up with the footage of the World Trade Center buildings on fire...but I thought that it was the movie DIE HARD...due to my dream. I didn't pay it any mind. I had to go pee. So I peed. I came back to my TV...it was Peter Jennings talking about the two American Airlines jetliners slamming into the buildings.

I was like WTF?!! I didn't know much about what was going on. I was thinking that all of that was a joke or an airport command center miscommand or something. Never knew that it would be Al Qaeda related...a terrorist attack.

Then, things had gotten worse when both buildings collapsed. It was a living nightmare. I was shocked. I stopped listening to the radio. Watching TV. For a couple of weeks. The media kept talking much about nothing that wasn't already said. I remember places in town closed early. Schools let out. The flags were raised half mast for a week. American flags were everywhere. Even in the local Newspaper. (A big American flag out of newspaper print.)

America as I knew it...would never EVER be the same. Six years later. America still is not the same. I really hate that that moment in time EVER presented itself. I really do. September 11 will always be the big jigsaw puzzle that you look forward to finishing but you have major pieces missing. This is where I was on September 11.

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I was at work at UC Davis in California.

16. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I was asleep. My two month old son was asleep. My mom called and woke me up and told me to turn on the news. I could've wrangled her neck! Anyone who ever had a colicky baby can sympathize with me... It was one of the few moments I had to sleep, and she woke me up. lol. I woke up just in time to see the second tower fall.

17. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Driving to work to Del Ray from West Palm. Listening to the Howard Stern Show

18. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    Trying to get one of my employees out of bed, i had to coerce him with a few bong hits, as we were doing bong hits we watched the whole thing as it happened live in his family room. I had a customer call me while 9/11 was going on and bitch about me not being on the job site on time and i told him to blow me.

lafever

19. Man4menu

Man4menu Member

Albums:
    On my way to work when the parking lot attendant told me about it and I was worried about my friend who was an airline attendant because I was not sure which airline was affected.

It was a very sad day and after work when I got home seen them people being hurt and falling out of the windows all I did was cry with sadness.

20. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    You actually got sleep? That's practically unheard of with a colicky baby...I had one too.:eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted