Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're missing the point andro.

Anyone getting any kicks out of any of this is showing that they have as much humanity and compassion as a turd.

Or are totally detached from humanity. It's thinking like that which lead to Hitler slaughtering the Jews. It isn't about money or economics. It's about lives.

Andro Man

Just Browsing
Media
You're missing the point andro.

Anyone getting any kicks out of any of this is showing that they have as much humanity and compassion as a turd.

That's showbusiness!
Why do you think they kept showing it over and over again?

I recall one of the ppl in NY saying something like that, for entertainment you keep showing the buildings collapse and everytime I see it it breaks my heart.

I don't get a kick out of seeing ppl dying(even USans)but it was pretty spectacular seeing the WTC building come down....anyways, it just wasn't an unhappy event for me and maybe if you'd been in my position you would have understood

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Good points Jason.

I was making no comment about the British in Ireland. My purpose was to raise the irony that people from your country were funding/sponsoring terror against innocent people in my country, whereas now anyone supporting "terrorism" is part of the axis of evil.

Frizzle you are an ignorant little child. It doesn't wash to call people random and then say it's a shame.

Just because I'm not boohooing over some Americans doesn't make me ignorant. Heartless, cold, yes, but not ignorant. Don't give me all this little child shit mate, get off your high horse and fuck off. We've put with the IRA for 80 odd fucking years, and 1 incident in America makes you top dog when it comes to this?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are all missing the point I was making as the OP of the thread. I know that sometimes posts make a turn, I think it might be better to create new thread about the consequences of 9/11.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are all missing the point I was making as the OP of the thread. I know that sometimes posts make a turn, I think it might be better to create new thread about the consequences of 9/11.

No kidding. You beat me to it Mem. This was supposed to be reflective, not another treatise on politics and petty feuds.

Can we get back to Mem's original intent and take the fights outside? Please?

Andro Man

Just Browsing
Media
Just because I'm not boohooing over some Americans doesn't make me ignorant. Heartless, cold, yes, but not ignorant. Don't give me all this little child shit mate, get off your high horse and fuck off. We've put with the IRA for 80 odd fucking years, and 1 incident in America makes you top dog when it comes to this?

Yeah that's true, I hadn't even thought of that, selective compassion....

Everyone seems completely brainwashed these days.

Mention Rwanda, massgenocide millions dead, nobody gives a fuck. Mention 911 or lady Diana and you're meant to burst out in tears.....

Talk about the WWII ...first thing that most ppl say is atrocious, auswitz 6 millions jews blabla. I've seen Schindler's list too, but I know for a fact there were a lot more ppl that died in ww2 than 6million jews!

For a lot of ppl in the US the IRA was a good thing, where do you think they got their funding from....? 911 war on terror>peace talks in northern ireland

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Mention Rwanda, massgenocide millions dead, nobody gives a fuck. Mention 911 or lady Diana and you're meant to burst out in tears.....

Talk about the WWII ...first thing that most ppl say is atrocious, auswitz 6 millions jews blabla. I've seen Schindler's list too, but I know for a fact there were a lot more ppl that died in ww2 than 6million jews!

For a lot of ppl in the US the IRA was a good thing, where do you think they got their funding from....? 911 war on terror>peace talks in northern ireland

OMG! I needed you at a party last week. I was saying the same thing. All are tragedies, but how do you dismiss one for the other? Very good point Andro.

And you are right about Rwanda. That is no less traumatizing, but who ever feels for them?

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was at home.

Remember Peter Jennings was on tv straight for 2 and a half days.

ABC did not run one commercial until Friday afternoon.
It was solid coverage up till then.

What really made it real for me was the Thursday after it happened, ABC ran some footage of the Coldstream Band (Buckingham Palace's band) playing the Star Spangled Banner in front of Buckingham Palace at the Queen's request.

Oh my God.....
That brought the first tears.....before that, it was so unspeakable and looked so much like a disaster movie....it just would not sink in that it was real.

And after ABC played that, the guy Jennings had been talking to said every time they played that footage, there wasn't a dry eye in the ABC newsroom.

I keep 4 collectible mugs on our mantle in the living room from the TX Renaissance Festival....
I put little US flags (that were made in the USA) in each of those mugs 2 days after 9*11 happened.....and they are still there now.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's showbusiness!
Why do you think they kept showing it over and over again?

I recall one of the ppl in NY saying something like that, for entertainment you keep showing the buildings collapse and everytime I see it it breaks my heart.

I don't get a kick out of seeing ppl dying(even USans)but it was pretty spectacular seeing the WTC building come down....anyways, it just wasn't an unhappy event for me and maybe if you'd been in my position you would have understood

Fucking sociopaths. You guys make me sick.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not brainwashed, WTC was an international institution that represented progress..... to me.
Then educated individuals thought that by blowing it up, that their own political ideas would be progressed.
It just reminded me of how fucked and selfish some people are. Killing people is wrong period, we are so lucky that the majority of people in this world think that or there would be total chaos.
It is true that all acts of murder/war/terrorism/genocide are equally terrible, but the thread is what it is..where were you on 911

So because millions died in Rwanda or World War II that makes the lives lost to any other lesser tragedy worthless?

Who is being selective now?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Your failure as a human being andro is your failure to disassociate your personal good fortune with the tragedy that befell others. I understand that one may have been the cause of the other, but if you had any decency or integrity, you would simply not mention it.

Frizzle, when you stop making puerile little one-liners that pass for youff culture, then I will stop calling you a silly child. Your youth culture is an oxymoron.

And FYI I am a Brit.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Your failure as a human being andro is your failure to disassociate your personal good fortune with the tragedy that befell others. I understand that one may have been the cause of the other, but if you had any decency or integrity, you would simply not mention it.

Frizzle, when you stop making puerile little one-liners that pass for youff culture, then I will stop calling you a silly child. Your youth culture is an oxymoron.

And FYI I am a Brit.

To be honest, you've put up with a lot more for a lot longer. The IRA is a drop in the bucket. Ruling 3/4 of the world took a lot of lives to achieve. 1900 in the Anglo-Zulu War, 29,000 in the Boer War. Then there's Malaya, China, India, Kenya (where 2,300 pro-British Kenyans died in the Mau Mau uprising), even Denmark!

I have no qualms admitting that American imperialist interests have caused deaths of her own and other nationals, but to say the UK has suffered more without reason is the height of hypocrisy.

ThePipe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Picture it, New York city, September 10th. It was past midnight, I had just trekked my ass from Madison Square Garden, where I watched Michael Jackson perform his Anniversary concert. I hustled my way to Grand Central because I dont live in the city, I was taking the train in. Well as luck would have it I JUST missed that train and the next one was coming at 1:00am...UGGGGG.....NO!! Well at the time I was working for an advertising company in midtown so i decided i would jusy spend the night at work instead of waiting all that time for the train.

Midway to the office I run into a co-worker who also was a commuter and she convinced me not to go back to the office and to walk back to grandcentral. So I did. Well I waited and waited and got on the 1:00am. A lot of people had also just saw the concert. It was like the entire train saw it LOL. Well it was a long ass ride because that time of night they stop everywhere.

By the time I get home I'm feeling sick, like a cold came out of NO WHERE! SO I wake up the next day, called in sick......woke up a little later and we see footage of the first plane going into the WTC...then the next one....then the building burning and all the choas ensued. I just KNEW those towera were coming down and sure enough they did.

God was looking out for me because if I had not gotten sick I would have went into work that morning and would have been stuck in the city because the trains stopped running because the city basically shut down.

When I got back to work you could smell the desruction and sorrow and fear in the air.

HORRIBLE

Andro Man

Just Browsing
Media

And FYI I am a Brit.

In Holland we have a saying:" De een zijn dood is de ander zijn brood", and I suppose it's a fact of life, your means of living is by killing another living thing.

When the USA dropped a bomb on Hiroshima and Nagisaki, did any of the jubilant victors think of the victims or was there main thought the war is over at last.

In a similar vein, 911 was tragic for the victims, but I look back on it with fond memories...a happy, very happy day

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was in-between jobs and going to interviews, so I slept late that day... Woke up when my mom called me and left a voicemail to say that planes were falling out of the skies south of the border... I was like WTF? In my groggy, just-awoke state, I turned on the TV... the first image I saw when I turned it on was the second tower crumbling down. That's the kind of image that leaves a lasting impression, to say the least.

Ironically enough, that event gave me my first job in IT security, where I was hired on the spot as an analyst in a security firm the next day or so. Fear, uncertainty and doubt was the order of the day back then, which made people with my... skillset highly in demand.

Funny how the world changed in six little years...