Where would you like to go for a vacation?

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always wanted to travel around the Rocky mountains so this June I will be spending a month finally getting to see all those sights from as far north as Mt. Rushmore down to Grand Canyon & from Denver to San Francisco (and everything in between). :biggrin1:

So what I was wondering, say if you had $3600 to spend on a vacation where would you like to go and what sights do you want to see?

Would love to go to Australia - see Ayers Rock, the Outback, Blue Mountains near Syndney, etc...

Also wouldn't mind going on the Hurtigruten up the coast of Norway to the Arctic Circle via Geirangerfjord.

Loads of places I wanna go, tho...

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've always wanted to travel around the Rocky mountains so this June I will be spending a month finally getting to see all those sights from as far north as Mt. Rushmore down to Grand Canyon & from Denver to San Francisco (and everything in between). :biggrin1:

So what I was wondering, say if you had $3600 to spend on a vacation where would you like to go and what sights do you want to see?

I've rafted down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon several times. I considered the first trip I did one of the highest points of my life.

Commercial outfitters charge less than $3600 for a two week Grand Canyon trip. This is the outfitter I rafted with.

PM if you want more details.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
$3600 is a vacation fortune to me, as I rarely go anyplace where I don't have friends who can put me up, show me around, etc. It just doesn't seem worth it to spend money on motels there are places I can go for nothing but the cost of gas or plane fare.

So with that amount of money, I would probably go to Ireland. I've always wanted to see it.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

For 3600 I could fly to Europe and spend a month. I'd hit amsterdam, copenhagen, berlin and.....did I go to amsterdam...I can't remmeber.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I have two places I would like to go.

I'd like to tour Cuba before everything changes.

And I'd like to go back to the south of France, where I lived for 18 months quite a long time ago, and check out my old haunts.
(From there, I'd like to also see some of the Greek Islands and mainland Greece, the country I would have gone to next if I hadn't been pretty much tripped and tapped out by the end of my European stay.)

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i hope to go to Scotland, take the chunnel to Paris and after a week there ( I lived Paris for 18 months) go on to Spain in late September. If not Spain, then St. Petersburg. Russia.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You're probably too late but just to be sure ... go soon!

That said, change is perhaps a matter of perspective as it is 'measurement'. For example; people I met and spent time with when I was there said Cuba had changed a great deal in the preceding few years and of course I had no real way to assess that change.

All I can say is that [to me] it seemed to have 'changed' noticeably between two visits I made, although I'm aware return 'visits' allow one to see through more ... focussed eyes, so perception of change is often skewed.

I have a friend there now, and I know that when she returns I will want to hear how it's 'changed' since I was last there, which [sadly] was many years ago. I know that's tricky, because no two people will expect or experience the same Cuba (or indeed, anywhere else).

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

You're probably too late but just to be sure ... go soon!

I hope to go in maybe three months, but I dunno if I'll have the shekels.
Of course, I should have gone 20 years ago.
If I do go, I'll cash in your old offer, not forgotten, of giving me an itinerary.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hoping to go to Iceland this summer but it is very expensive despite their failing economy. The National parks of Utah and Arizona (Brice, Zion, Arches, Grand Canyon etc) are beautiful beyond belief. Went there 4 years ago in May. It wasn't busy or too hot and motels could be had for as little as 28 dollars a night. Average price was 50. A great driving and hiking trip. I will be going back this year too.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've pretty much "been there done that" regarding places I've dreamed of going. And have seen all of the USA (except Pennsylvania) and all of Canada and lots of Alaska. You name a city in any of the provinces of Canada and I've probably been there, having driven the trans-Canadian Highway at least three times and taken off on "roads to nowhere" along that road. Sudbury is a place I would like to avoid in the future. Newfoundland and Nova Scotia were romantic in that gray northern Atlantic sort of way. Yellow Knife was amusing. I'd return to BC and enjoy spending early spring to late autumn in Kelowna doing nothing but drinking too much coffee and reading in a lawn chair under the speckled shade of a friend's orchard.

I've been to Cuba twice and would love to drag The Squeeze with me on a road trip for three or more months just throughout all of México, but it's a bit dangerous at the moment.

But I'd really like to return to Tahiti sometime, ONLY by large sailing ship or cruise boat. The long haul flights leave me frozen in a seating position that takes far too many days of stretching and exercise to get out of. Yeah, Tahiti (and surrounding islands) for three months -- just long enough to make everyone I meet suffer my bad Quebecois-style French.

Peru and the Galapagos.

Me Dad's mate has just been to the Galapagos islands (I'm jealous).

I'd like anywhere that involved long, leisurely travel - like a journey by sea - or maybe railway.

Also always fancied a drive to Monte Carlo in an old Mini - or a roadtrip East/West across the States.

Matt_101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I want to go America, which I am doing this summer and hopefully I will be in nearly all the states!

Also everyone that said Ireland, its good fun over hear, but don't be expecting everyone to be drunk and wearing green, its not actually like that.

Or Bora Bora, it looks sooo nice

Greece, Egypt, Hawaii, Australia, Japan, Dominica, Scandinavia, and for its sheer stunning beauty, Palau.